Dake Bible Discussion BoardREGENERATION

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: REGENERATION

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you guys :macca and Grandfather.I was not original.It is from Finis Jennings Dake and Kenneth Erwin Hagin. :turn-l:
macca wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:20 am
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:30 am
How to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit and the Word:

1.Recognize that you are a sinner -lost,without God and without hope Romans 3:23.
2.Admit Jesus Christ died on the Cross to save you from sin by His precious blood.
3.Come to God ,turning away from all sin and confessing Jesus as your Lord -and you shall be born again.The Holy Spirit will then make you a new creature-a new creation-cleansing you from all sin by the authority of the Word of God and the blood of Christ which was shed to atone for your sin.
4.Believe from your heart and confess with your mouth that God does forgive you of your sins and that you are born again.
Romans 10:9-10,John1:12-13,John 6:37;John 3:14-21,3:36,5:24,Acts 3:19 and Ephesians 2:8-9.

The water of the New Birth is the Word of God.
Ephesians 5:26,John6:63,John15:3,John17:17,1Peter 1:23,James 1:18.
One must believe what the Word of God says about man-that man is a sinner and that Christ died to save him from all sin.Then if man will confess his sins to God and turn from sin with a whole heart and believe the Gospel,he is conforming to the Word of God.
The Holy Spirit will transform his life by the power of the Word of God and the blood of Christ.That moment ,he is born again!!

Preach it brother, great word

Grandfather
No Plague Shall Come Nigh Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation

Post by Grandfather »

branham1965 wrote:

1.Recognize that you are a sinner -lost,without God and without hope Romans 3:23.
2.Admit Jesus Christ died on the Cross to save you from sin by His precious blood.
3.Come to God ,turning away from all sin and confessing Jesus as your Lord -and you shall be born again.The Holy Spirit will then make you a new creature-a new creation-cleansing you from all sin by the authority of the Word of God and the blood of Christ which was shed to atone for your sin.
4.Believe from your heart and confess with your mouth that God does forgive you of your sins and that you are born again.
Romans 10:9-10,John1:12-13,John 6:37;John 3:14-21,3:36,5:24,Acts 3:19 and Ephesians 2:8-9.

Ephesians 5:26,John6:63,John15:3,John17:17,1Peter 1:23,James 1:18.
One must believe what the Word of God says about man-that man is a sinner and that Christ died to save him from all sin.Then if man will confess his sins to God and turn from sin with a whole heart and believe the Gospel,he is conforming to the Word of God.
The Holy Spirit will transform his life by the power of the Word of God and the blood of Christ.That moment ,he is born again!!
good stuff Billy.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Grandfather wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:24 pm
Now, if you want to take the position that some churches have corrupted the "Alter Call" walk to the degree that simply walking forward SAVES someone. I'll back you 100%.
That's the general idea. Responding to an altar call doesn't necessarily equal salvation and can create a sense of false assurance.

Genesis 6:8 New King James Version
... Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Have you found grace in the eyes of the Lord?
Are You a Good Person?
Save Yourself Some Pain
Hell's Best Kept Secret
True & False Conversion
School of Biblical Evangelism

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:47 pm
In my understanding, Spurgeon (as a Calvinist) opposed both Decisional Regeneration and Baptismal Regeneration.
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:40 pm
Do you know if he believed in regeneration at all?
Yes. Spurgeon most definitely believed in Regeneration. Just not Descisional Regeneration nor Baptismal Regeneration.

I don't know that he ever used this term, but I would call the type of Regeneration that Spurgeon believed in "Sovereign Regeneration." In other words, Spurgeon truly believed that "Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation." And, that such Regeneration is not accomplished by either an individual's decision nor water baptizing someone.

Here is a link to an article wherein Spurgeon discusses Regeneration in some detail:

Spurgeon: Faith & Regeneration

Genesis 6:8 New King James Version
... Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Have you found grace in the eyes of the Lord?
Are You a Good Person?
Save Yourself Some Pain
Hell's Best Kept Secret
True & False Conversion
School of Biblical Evangelism

Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:49 am
There is the truth Hill Top.There are 14 Scriptures on regeneration.
branham1965 wrote:

3.Come to God ,turning away from all sin and confessing Jesus as your Lord -and you shall be born again. The Holy Spirit will then make you a new creature-a new creation-cleansing you from all sin by the authority of the Word of God and the blood of Christ which was shed to atone for your sin.
I found no mention of regeneration in any of your kindly posted verses.
Some touched on conversion, or faith, or believing on-in His name, or casting out, but without the ways and means of doing so...but conversion isn't regeneration.
Ephesians 5:26,John 6:63,John15:3,John17:17,1 Peter 1:23,James 1:18.
One must believe what the Word of God says about man-that man is a sinner and that Christ died to save him from all sin. Then if man will confess his sins to God and turn from sin with a whole heart and believe the Gospel, he is conforming to the Word of God.
The Holy Spirit will transform his life by the power of the Word of God and the blood of Christ. That moment ,he is born again!!
I can't agree with your summation.

Let me ask you this...When a man has been reborn, what happened to the old man? And how?

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:45 pm
branham1965 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

3.Come to God ,turning away from all sin and confessing Jesus as your Lord -and you shall be born again. The Holy Spirit will then make you a new creature-a new creation-cleansing you from all sin by the authority of the Word of God and the blood of Christ which was shed to atone for your sin.

Some touched on conversion, or faith, or believing on-in His name, or casting out, but without the ways and means of doing so...but conversion isn't regeneration.
One must believe what the Word of God says about man-that man is a sinner and that Christ died to save him from all sin. Then if man will confess his sins to God and turn from sin with a whole heart and believe the Gospel, he is conforming to the Word of God.
The Holy Spirit will transform his life by the power of the Word of God and the blood of Christ. That moment ,he is born again!!

Let me ask you this...When a man has been reborn, what happened to the old man? And how?
Don’t feed the fire.

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Billy, do not take the bait. It is not your responsibility to defend your position. If someone thinks it is wrong, then it is up to them to show where it is wrong. And this particular poster runs around in circles. Do not take the bait.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you Grandfather :angel: I appreciate your help.I do.

Grandfather wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:22 pm
Hill Top wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Billy, do not take the bait. It is not your responsibility to defend your position. If someone thinks it is wrong, then it is up to them to show where it is wrong. And this particular poster runs around in circles. Do not take the bait.