Dake Bible Discussion BoardThey are Trying to Get People Saved... NOT Damn Them to Hell!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: They are Trying to Get People Saved... NOT Damn Them to Hell!

Post by branham1965 »

luchnia,

" But Jesus answered them "MY FATHER WORKETH (HITHERTO KJV)UNTIL NOW AND I WORKETH".
(ASV)
John 5:19.

" AND they went forth,and preached everywhere,the LORD WORKING WITH THEM,and confirming his word with signs following." Mark 16:20 KJV

luchnia wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:27 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:35 am
:morning:

luchnia

What is unscriptural about what i said?

During the Healing Revival a prominent preacher had a 20,000 seat tent.A Texas tornado came a blew the tent away.This preacher told Brother Hagin " i don't know whether God or the devil blew my tent away. :shocked!:

A pastor friend had a church burn down.He told Brother Hagin " i dont know whether God or the devil burned my church down.

In both cases Brother Hagin said he was shocked to hear them say this.
He thought to himself in both incidents God is not out blowing Gospel tents down HE is helping people put them up!!
God is not burning churches down HE is helping people build them!!!

luchnia wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:49 am
They are Trying to Get People Saved... NOT Damn Them to Hell!

This title is a bit confusing to me, but my assumption is we are we going by this statement which would be somewhat controversial from a biblical perspective. "GOD the Father,GOD the Son,and GOD the Holy Ghost are working to get souls into THE KINGDOM,THEY ARE TRYING TO GET PEOPLE SAVED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS NOT DAMN THEM TO HELL!!"
The first thing that I don't believe the bible teaches is, "...trying to get people saved..." It seems odd that the Godhead "tries" to do anything. Maybe I am wrong here or simply misunderstanding what you mean, but I cannot think of anything God tries to do. From what I can tell he has always done what He says, or at least changes His mind, but never seems that He simply tries.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:22 am
luchnia,

" But Jesus answered them "MY FATHER WORKETH (HITHERTO KJV)UNTIL NOW AND I WORKETH".
(ASV)

" AND they went forth,and preached everywhere,the LORD WORKING WITH THEM,and confirming his word with signs following." Mark 16:20 KJV

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

luchnia

During the Healing Revival a prominent preacher had a 20,000 seat tent.A Texas tornado came a blew the tent away.This preacher told Brother Hagin " i don't know whether God or the devil blew my tent away. :shocked!:

A pastor friend had a church burn down.He told Brother Hagin " i dont know whether God or the devil burned my church down.

He thought to himself in both incidents God is not out blowing Gospel tents down HE is helping people put them up!!

luchnia wrote:

This title is a bit confusing to me, but my assumption is we are we going by this statement which would be somewhat controversial from a biblical perspective. "GOD the Father,GOD the Son,and GOD the Holy Ghost are working to get souls into THE KINGDOM,THEY ARE TRYING TO GET PEOPLE SAVED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS NOT DAMN THEM TO HELL!!"
The first thing that I don't believe the bible teaches is, "...trying to get people saved..." It seems odd that the Godhead "tries" to do anything. Maybe I am wrong here or simply misunderstanding what you mean, but I cannot think of anything God tries to do. From what I can tell he has always done what He says, or at least changes His mind, but never seems that He simply tries.
Thanks for the verses, however I am not sure what those verses have to do with my post.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

The Bible says the Lord works.He does work according to the verses i posted.

And there are more verses also.

Of course we have the right to believe as our conscience dictates.

+dove +peace

luchnia wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:27 am
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:22 am
luchnia,

(ASV)

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

luchnia

luchnia wrote:

Thanks for the verses, however I am not sure what those verses have to do with my post.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:09 pm

+dove +peace
I agree the Lord works. I was not questioning that at all. The point I was getting at was the Lord is not trying to get someone saved. I don't see anywhere that God "tries" to get someone saved. Just my opinion here. If you have something please share it.

Trying is implying that God makes an attempt or effort to do something. Here is an question that illustrates the difference. Did God try (attempt/make an effort) to create man, or did He create man?

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Reading after Reverend Dake has helped me to understand God better.

page 57 GPFM "IN the first two chapters of Genesis alone there are nearly 200 SEPARATE PERSONAL ACTS OF GOD in creating,planting,speaking ,working,seeing,blessing,,commanding,etc.
He has eaten with men ,as many as 74 at a time,who saw Him with their natural eyes and conversed with Him as literally as other persons at banquets(Gen.18:1-22,Ex.24:9-13).
He has wrestled bodily with man(Gen.32:24-32).He has written laws with His own finger while men looked on with natural eyes(Exodus 34:1-7,27-28).He has revealed Himself in so many ways proving to men that He has a body with bodily parts like man..."

Please see Gods's Plan for Man or the Dake Bible on THE TRUTH ABOUT GOD.

luchnia wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:42 pm
branham1965 wrote:

+dove +peace
I agree the Lord works. I was not questioning that at all. The point I was getting at was the Lord is not trying to get someone saved. I don't see anywhere that God "tries" to get someone saved. Just my opinion here. If you have something please share it.

Trying is implying that God makes an attempt or effort to do something. Here is an question that illustrates the difference. Did God try (attempt/make an effort) to create man, or did He create man?
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Hey luchnia,

Maybe trying was the wrong word to use.
Working is a scriptural word.

I heard a preacher in Akron,Ohio say years ago that the Lord is working with people to get them saved.He also said that in times past that God would work and work and work and work with people to be saved but in this final hour that people would either go left or right.No more straddling the fence.
That people today will either go left into the night/into the darkness or they will go right into the arms of Jesus.
That was in his sermon.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

+dove +peace

Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:35 am
Hey luchnia,

Maybe trying was the wrong word to use.
Working is a scriptural word.

I heard a preacher in Akron,Ohio say years ago that the Lord is working with people to get them saved.He also said that in times past that God would work and work and work and work with people to be saved but in this final hour that people would either go left or right.No more straddling the fence.
That people today will either go left into the night/into the darkness or they will go right into the arms of Jesus.
That was in his sermon.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

+dove +peace

I tend to agree. I think trying is a tough word to use when considering the various works of God. I think God is more matter of fact with what He does and has done where salvation is concerned. When I consider that we try something, I often think of an attempt at it - like shooting an arrow at a target and missing.

With working to save people it might be beneficial to lay out all the ways that God has worked, or you believe is working to save people and how that is scripturally supported in context.

For instance to believe God is continuously working, or has He already done what needs to be done for man's salvation and now it is all on man? I am sure there are arguments on both sides of the coin with that question.

Word up!

Grandfather
The Chosen Fast of God is To Undo the Heavy Burdens

Post by Grandfather »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:31 pm
For instance to believe God is continuously working, or has He already done what needs to be done for man's salvation and now it is all on man? I am sure there are arguments on both sides of the coin with that question.

In some form or fashion this concept has been debated through the centuries, with each side believing they are standing firm on scripture.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:04 pm
luchnia wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:31 pm

In some form or fashion this concept has been debated through the centuries, with each side believing they are standing firm on scripture.
I agree. It is one of those unending debates.

Word up!