Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING PERFECT?

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:08 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:00 pm
Isn't one definition of sin falling short of the glory of God?

Who does not fall short of God's glory?
Hilltop is the only person I know.
You can ditch that "knowledge".
Nobody on earth has the glory of God.
Many idolaters have imposed that glory on items of wood, stone, and metal though.

Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Hill Top »

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:05 pm
bibleman wrote:

Remember that time when Hill Top compared his fear of a minor elective surgery to Jesus' Passion? Sure didn't fall short there, did he?

Without your "quote" on that I will discount that "claim".
If memory serves me correctly, someone was again trying to infer sin because of my fear.
I pointed out that the sinless Christ also once "feared" something, to counter that accusation, so perhaps that is what you are remembering.

You don't think Jesus was a sinner because He feared, do you?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:58 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:24 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:26 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:53 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:40 pm

Let us explore this statement of yours. Hypothetically, of course.
Let's not.
This might have been the smartest thing you have written on these forums in a long time.

I mean, why am I, a simple and falable man, seeking to engaging in attempting to correct someone that is perfect?
Agreed.
As the perfection in question is sinlessness, mistakes in spelling, math, or research, have no impact on it.
I’m sorry, but faulty research that would lead others astray is indeed sinful is it not?
For example, if someone had “mistakes” in their research that led them to the conclusin that Jesus was a mythical tale invented by discontented Jews. Would you call research simply a mistake? Or was it sinful?
It would depend entirely on the motive.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm
Grandfather wrote:
I mean, why am I, a simple and falable man, seeking to engaging in attempting to correct someone that is perfect?
I ask myself this often when I reply to certain post. For me, I think the answer is my love for the truth of God's word and my distaste for false doctrines built from out of context verses and adding meanings and other things that are not there in the references.
Would that "truth" be the same as Jesus said would make you free from committing sin? (John 8:32-34)

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:36 pm
bibleman wrote:

Many idolaters have imposed that glory on items of wood, stone, and metal though.
BUT if you have NOT sinned then how did you come short of the glory of God?

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:07 pm
luchnia wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
I ask myself this often when I reply to certain post. For me, I think the answer is my love for the truth of God's word and my distaste for false doctrines built from out of context verses and adding meanings and other things that are not there in the references.
Would that "truth" be the same as Jesus said would make you free from committing sin? (John 8:32-34)
Yes that would be part of the same truth. All the parts make the whole. Jesus freed me from sin years ago, however he never freed me from the ability to fall away as He taught could be done and was done by many.

I would not go against His teaching and make Jesus a liar by saying that a saint cannot fall away just as Jesus and others taught one could. Without the whole of the truth one would not know this and would teach it is not possible thus promoting a false doctrine.

Word up!

Grandfather
Surely Christ Hath Borne Our Griefs, and Carried Our Sorrows

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:05 pm
Grandfather wrote:
I’m sorry, but faulty research that would lead others astray is indeed sinful is it not?
For example, if someone had “mistakes” in their research that led them to the conclusin that Jesus was a mythical tale invented by discontented Jews. Would you call research simply a mistake? Or was it sinful?
Who determines the motive?

Using the above example, the person doing the research could say their motive was pure and honorable. There motive was to show that people had been following a myth and there was no sound reason for doing so.

Is that simply a mistake or is it sinful?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:27 am
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:36 pm
bibleman wrote:

BUT if you have NOT sinned then how did you come short of the glory of God?
I am not eternal, for one thing.
Neither do I know the end from the beginning.
And I can't create a universe in six days.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Yes, so unfortunately true...minus Jesus of course.
But that scripture doesn't say we have to keep on committing sin...thanks be to God.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:31 am
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:07 pm
luchnia wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
Yes that would be part of the same truth. All the parts make the whole. Jesus freed me from sin years ago, however he never freed me from the ability to fall away as He taught could be done and was done by many.

I would not go against His teaching and make Jesus a liar by saying that a saint cannot fall away just as Jesus and others taught one could. Without the whole of the truth one would not know this and would teach it is not possible thus promoting a false doctrine.
You are only "born of God" as long as you are "born of God".
We will all eventually manifest the seed from which we are (re)born by our fruit-deeds.
Those that have "fallen away" actually just manifest they were lying about their rebirth.
God's seed cannot manifest lies, adultery, or thefts.
It just can't.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:20 am
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:05 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Who determines the motive?
Everyone, if it impacts them.
Using the above example, the person doing the research could say their motive was pure and honorable. There motive was to show that people had been following a myth and there was no sound reason for doing so.
But what would be the point of lying?
What would I stand to gain for lying about the use of the word "can"?
Is that simply a mistake or is it sinful?
If you send me 5 dollars I will answer.
THAT would be a sinful motive.
I used the information at hand and made an erroneous determination.
Why would you infer a sinful motive if I have nothing to gain from it?