Current Events & News Items & JokesUganda's president signs into law anti-LGBTQ bill that imposes death penalty

A forum for discussing news items and current events and Jokes.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Uganda's president signs into law anti-LGBTQ bill that imposes death penalty

Post by Ironman »

Uganda's president signs into law anti-LGBTQ bill that imposes death penalty
We're well into a new decade, but equality for LGBTQ people around the world continues to not be a given. In fact, being part of the LGBTQ community can often mean a prison sentence, or even death.
"Such is the case in the African nation of Uganda's president signs into law anti-LGBTQ bill that imposes death penalty, a country with more than 45 million people. President Yoweri Museveni signed in one of the harshest anti-LGBTQ laws in the world, which prescribes the death penalty for “aggravated homosexuality,” which is defined as cases of having sex while HIV positive, as well as sexual relations with minors and other categories of vulnerable people. The bill also criminalizes sex education for the gay community, makes it illegal not to report perpetrators of so-called aggravated homosexuality, and calls for “rehabilitation”–widely discredited conversion therapy–for gay offenders, reports CNN.

The Ugandan parliament had previously voted for an earlier version of the bill that would introduce life imprisonment and the death penalty for those convicted of engaging in homosexual sex or “recruitment, promotion, and funding” of same-sex “activities," though the version of the bill signed by Museveni doesn't criminalize those who merely identify as LGBTQ+. Still, world leaders have condemned the bill and Uganda's government.

While it’s true that over 30 countries around the world have legalized same-sex marriage and that about as many allow for joint adoption by same-sex couples, it’s also true that same-sex sexual activity is illegal in more than 60 countries⁠.

Several countries have legislation pending to rid their books of these archaic laws, but sadly, others are becoming even more extreme in their persecution of the LGBTQ community."

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Uganda's president signs into law anti-LGBTQ bill that imposes death penalty

Post by Ironman »

As soon as one of them is put to death watch the rest go under cover instead of parading themselves half naked around our streets

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Re: Uganda's president signs into law anti-LGBTQ bill that imposes death penalty

Post by Ironman »

We had one of our star football players banned from playing because, after the recent gay and lesbian parade in Sydney he made a statement saying, "Homosexuals will go to Hell when they die." Many people stated, How dare he insult the LGBT's like that/