Current Events & News Items & JokesEarthquakes shall be in divers places,

A forum for discussing news items and current events and Jokes.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Earthquakes shall be in divers places,

Post by Ironman »

In my 74 years in Australia, I have never heard of an earthquake striking Melbourne, Australia.

An earthquake has struck Victoria, causing damage to buildings across Melbourne.
The 6.0 magnitude quake hit near Mansfield, east of Melbourne, about 9.15am today, according to Geoscience Australia.
Victorian residents have reported feeling strong tremors for about 30 seconds.

Tremors were also felt across Canberra and NSW.
Earthquake Victoria today: earthquake shakes Melbourne (9news.com.au)

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Earthquakes shall be in divers places,

Post by Ironman »

A second quake, understood to be an aftershock and registering a magnitude of 4.0, has taken place in the same location.

According to Geoscience Australia the first quake was at 9:15am local time, and the second one, magnitude-4.0, was at 9:33am.

Residents from as far away as Dubbo in NSW have reported tremors from the quake.

It was felt in 190 kilometres away in Melbourne as well as in regional Victoria, Sydney, regional New South Wales, the ACT, Adelaide and Launceston in Tasmania.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?