Current Events & News Items & JokesCovid

A forum for discussing news items and current events and Jokes.
Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Covid

Post by Hill Top »

It took all year, but the virus finally got a fellow volunteer at the food bank I serve at.
I don't know from which shift they are, so as there are nine shifts total, some AM and others PM, my own chances of having been in contact with them are 2 in 9.
That, and the fact I haven't been working since last Wednesday, make me pretty sure I am OK.
I keep praying for an end to the virus' effectiveness.
It makes me think of the "beasts of the earth" from Rev 6:8.

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: Covid

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

I hope that you didn't catch it.

I know some people personally that have had it, including my wife and I. It affects everyone a differently. Some much more severely than others.

Prayers.

SALVATION FOR ALL
“Who would have ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth” (1Ti. 2:4);
“Not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL come to repentance” (2 Pet. 3:9).
— Dake, F. J. (n.d.). Help for Today: Daily Promises (Nov. 11th).

luchnia
He that Loseth His Life for the Sake of the Lord Shall Find It

Post by luchnia »

My hope is you did not get it as well. There are some in my area that have gotten it and as SB stated it seems to affect folks very differently.

Word up!

Hill Top
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:54 pm
My hope is you did not get it as well. There are some in my area that have gotten it and as SB stated it seems to affect folks very differently.
Thanks for the "hope".

macca
Do Righteousness, and Forsake Not the Ordinance of Your God

Post by macca »

dolph wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:38 pm
Did you hear about the guy killed in a car accident? Cause of death Covid.
+rollHappy

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

I'm seeing reports indicating that the experts believe ten years of social distancing and near 100 percent vaccination rate will be necessary to beat the virus.
+see :evilbat:

SALVATION FOR ALL
“Who would have ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth” (1Ti. 2:4);
“Not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL come to repentance” (2 Pet. 3:9).
— Dake, F. J. (n.d.). Help for Today: Daily Promises (Nov. 11th).

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I did not know that.
You are right some cases are more severe than others.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:21 pm
I hope that you didn't catch it.

I know some people personally that have had it, including my wife and I. It affects everyone a differently. Some much more severely than others.

Prayers.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Please be safe Phil. :angel:

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:08 pm
It took all year, but the virus finally got a fellow volunteer at the food bank I serve at.
I don't know from which shift they are, so as there are nine shifts total, some AM and others PM, my own chances of having been in contact with them are 2 in 9.
That, and the fact I haven't been working since last Wednesday, make me pretty sure I am OK.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:22 am
Please be safe Phil. :angel:

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:08 pm
Thanks.
All of you, stay safe.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

dolph wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:38 pm
Did you hear about the guy killed in a car accident? Cause of death Covid.
Don't you mean Corvette?