Current Events & News Items & JokesVladimir Putin becomes ‘President for life’

A forum for discussing news items and current events and Jokes.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Vladimir Putin becomes ‘President for life’

Post by Ironman »

Vladimir Putin becomes ‘President for life’ of Russia after victory in constitutional referendum

Vladimir Putin has significantly strengthened his grip on power in Russia, ensuring he can stay in control of the country for the rest of his life.

Russians have spent the last week voting in a national referendum, which asked them to either support or oppose a wide-ranging package of more than 200 amendments to the nation’s “Basic Law”.

Those amendments enshrine a number of socially conservative positions in the constitution, including the definition of marriage as being between a man and woman, belief in god as a “core value”, “protection” of the family as a top priority, and the primacy of Russian law over international law.

(I like those amendments).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Vladimir Putin becomes ‘President for life’

Post by branham1965 »

Great points.
Who would have thought there would be a time when Russia would have more biblical values than the United States,England and Australia. :agrue: