Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE END NEAR.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

IS THE END NEAR.

Post by Ironman »

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Re: IS THE END NEAR.

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

At about 5 minutes in, he suggests that it is possible for the elect to be deceived.

Do you agree?

SALVATION FOR ALL
“Who would have ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth” (1Ti. 2:4);
“Not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL come to repentance” (2 Pet. 3:9).
— Dake, F. J. (n.d.). Help for Today: Daily Promises (Nov. 11th).

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman »

I thought He said Jesus said, things will become so bad that if it were possible even the elect would be deceived.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Michael Youssef said, "He [Jesus] said it's gonna be so bad that in Matthew 24:24, He said, it will be so bad that if possible... I know some people misunderstand me and they'll say, 'Oh, Michael is saying that the elect will be deceived.' I didn't say that. Jesus said that. He said it's gonna be so bad that even if it is possible... I mean, difficult as it is, but if it's possible, some of the elect are gonna be deceived."

My take away is that Michael Youssef said "I know some people misunderstand me and they'll say, 'Oh, Michael is saying that the elect will be deceived.' I didn't say that. Jesus said that."

Will any of the elect be deceived?

If salvation can be lost, it seems the answer is yes.

SALVATION FOR ALL
“Who would have ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth” (1Ti. 2:4);
“Not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL come to repentance” (2 Pet. 3:9).

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:47 pm
Michael Youssef said, "He [Jesus] said it's gonna be so bad that in Matthew 24:24, He said, it will be so bad that if possible... I know some people misunderstand me and they'll say, 'Oh, Michael is saying that the elect will be deceived.' I didn't say that. Jesus said that. He said it's gonna be so bad that even if it is possible... I mean, difficult as it is, but if it's possible, some of the elect are gonna be deceived."

My take away is that Michael Youssef said "I know some people misunderstand me and they'll say, 'Oh, Michael is saying that the elect will be deceived.' I didn't say that. Jesus said that."

Will any of the elect be deceived?

If salvation can be lost, it seems the answer is yes.
If any of the elect, of their own free will decide to follow a false prophet or preacher then they will be lost.

Spiritblade Disciple

Ironman wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:52 pm
If any of the elect, of their own free will decide to follow a false prophet or preacher then they will be lost.
If the elect are deceived, how can a decision to follow the wrong person be a decision truly born of a free will? Is a deceived will a free will?

SALVATION FOR ALL

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:14 pm
Ironman wrote:
If the elect are deceived, how can a decision to follow the wrong person be a decision truly born of a free will? Is a deceived will a free will?
II Peter 1:10 teaches us that our election can be lost after it has been gained. “…If ye do these things, ye shall never fall.” The inference here is that if we fail to do these things and give diligence to this, we will fall.

Spiritblade Disciple

Ironman wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:14 pm
Ironman wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:28 pm
II Peter 1:10 teaches us that our election can be lost after it has been gained. “…If ye do these things, ye shall never fall.” The inference here is that if we fail to do these things and give diligence to this, we will fall.
Excellent point.
(And, thank you for starting this thread.)

SALVATION FOR ALL

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Thank you Spiritblade Disciple. You are too kind. God bless you.

Spiritblade Disciple

In Dake's Annotated Reference Bible, Dr. Finis Jennings Dake wrote: Notes for Matthew 24:22

b [elect’s sake] Jews, not the Church because:

1. Jesus is answering a Jewish question (Mt. 24:3; 25:31–46; Acts 1:6)
2. False Messiahs primarily concern Israel (Mt. 24:5, 23–26)
3. Anti-semitism proves it (Mt. 24:9)
4. The travail of Israel (note, Mt. 24:8)
5. The abomination of desolation concerns Israel only (note, Mt. 24:15)
6. The Jewish temple (note, Mt. 24:15)
7. Flight of Israel (notes, Mt. 24:16)
8. The sabbath is Jewish (note, Mt. 24:20)
9. The great tribulation (note, Mt. 24:21)
10. Jews are the only people to be gathered (note, Mt. 24:31)
11. The coming of Christ is to deliver Israel (Mt. 24:29–31; 25:31–46; Zech. 14)
12. Judgment of the nations is based on treatment of Israel (Mt. 25:31–46)
13. The eagles eating carcasses was predicted to be at the time of Israel’s deliverance (Mt. 24:28; Ezek. 39:17–22; Lk. 17:34–37; Rev. 19:17–21)
14. The church will be raptured before the above events (see The Hinderer of Lawlessness, and Rapture Before Antichrist)

— Dake, F. J. (1997). The Dake Annotated Reference Bible (Mt 24:22). Dake Publishing.
Do you think that Dr. Yousseff shares Dr. Dake's position that the scriptures concerning the possible deception of the "elect" refer to only the "Jewish elect"?

SALVATION FOR ALL