Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs anyone working through God's Plan for Man?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
kathleenmarie
Joshua

Is anyone working through God's Plan for Man?

Post by kathleenmarie »

Is anyone currently working through God's Plan for Man? Are there any online study groups for this book or the Dake Bible?

kathleenmarie
Joshua

Re: Is anyone working through God's Plan for Man?

Post by kathleenmarie »

I signed up for the Facebook group too. What would happen if we just worked through the book every year like a devotional, and people could contribute at the depth that they wanted to contribute, but there was always an official topic of discussion for the week. Maybe we could post the same lesson at both groups? If we did that, I think we should skip a couple lessons this year and just jump into the lesson that would always fall most naturally on this week of the year.

kathleenmarie
Joshua

Post by kathleenmarie »

I'm open to any schedule at all, but especially one that is scheduled to be repeated. I tend to be a perfectionist, and knowing that I am going to get another change to go deeper the next time helps me to move on with more peace.

kathleenmarie
Joshua

Post by kathleenmarie »

I have managed to figure out what I needed to know. I am so relieved. I come to a grinding halt when I do not understand the big picture. All the little bits of info need a place to hang, or they mean nothing to me. I am not a parts-to-whole learner. I need the an overview first, before I can learn the details.

Thank you everyone that helped me!