Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs this the way to handle problems a preacher doesn't like?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Yellowhead
2 Samuel

Is this the way to handle problems a preacher doesn't like?

Post by Yellowhead »

Comments please.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Re: Is this the way to handle problems a preacher doesn't l

Post by victoryword »

I saw this video posted on another forum some months ago. Certainly the pastor made some mistakes but anyone who has ever been a pastor can sympathize. Moses, one of the first pastors in the Bible also lost his cool and it costed him dearly. But God still honored him.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

I would love to hear the rest of the story. Something had to be going on in that church and this was the Pastor's reaction to it.

One thing I have learned is the people that have the least spirituality, but that want to be seen as spiritual people will usually be in the middle of whatever is going on in a church. The truly spiritual people will be the ones praying.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

" they that sin rebuke before all that others also may fear." 1 Timothy 5:20 cf De13:11, Gal 2:11,14,Titus 1:13.

i dont know about this Pastor.i dont know him.

Reverend Scott would preach very hard on us every week.i mean it was a trip to the woodshed.
2 Timothy 4:2
there were just a few service he called a few members out.
in one there was a real witch :vamp: there posing as a believer.he confronted her from the pulpit like Elijah of old and bound her in the name of Jesus Christ Matthew 18:18 in front of the body of Christ!!!another time he called out a few folks.i do remember he asked if people wanted to hear.hands were lifted and he got on a few folks.
and once he called a man out to either salvation or a fist fight during an altar call!!!the man was a brawler like he once was and was just in deep conviction and shaking under the Power.i saw mighty things there.
but he was led to do those things.

Dad Hagin was in a meeting once and had a bunch of buzzards in the crowd and he in the Spirit jumped off the platform and started telling the bunch they thought they were spiritual but were the biggest bunch of hypocrites in the state and were more carnal than Corinth.
womens wigs fell off,men fainted,children bawled... :scrambleup:

Reverend Angley would rebuke his Church.it scared me .
again only when he was led of God.i saw him point folks out for miracles. :arrow:

of course Brother Branham could in the Spirit tell people he was praying for their conditions,secrets of their hearts ,their hidden things,where they were from...and many times their sins.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Don't know the whole story, maybe they needed it..

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

Yellowhead wrote:Comments please.

No I don't agree with the way he handled it. His attitude is wrong. He should have dealt with most if not all of this privately - one on one. He may be a coward and feels secure behind the pulpit - he's allowed the frustration to build inside himself probably as a result of not dealing with things long before this.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i agree Reverend.
this is not what i was saying about in those stories.really they were different than this.

im glad a Pastor addressed this.

Reuben wrote:

No I don't agree with the way he handled it. His attitude is wrong. He should have dealt with most if not all of this privately - one on one. He may be a coward and feels secure behind the pulpit - he's allowed the frustration to build inside himself probably as a result of not dealing with things long before this.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Reuben wrote:

Maybe but I bet a lot of Pastors have felt like doing this though.

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

Rocky wrote:
Reuben wrote:

Maybe but I bet a lot of Pastors have felt like doing this though.
LOL Yes Rocky they do, including me +wink However, we in leadership must keep in our minds that the satisfaction of our venting is not the cause of Christ. Prayerfully we must enter into each decision.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Reuben, you are right. The Bible teaches that the wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God. However, I have wanted to do what he was doing on more than one occasion. So he was wrong and he should have kept his emotions in check but from a pastoral perspective I can't help but sympathize with him.