Dake Bible Discussion BoardHalloween

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Halloween

Post by branham1965 »

WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO AS FAR AS MUSIC???

Rocky wrote:Image

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:BROTHER
WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO????
Sorry Billy I did not see this. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, secular and Christian, as long as the secular music does not glorify sin or destructive behaviors, which can be hard to find. But of course I like post punk, Goth rock, Christian rock, Christian metal, old hymns, 50s rockabilly, even a some country and bluegrass. And no Marilyn Manson is not Goth music. Goth music are bands like The Cure, Joy Division, Sisters of mercy, Siouxsie And The Banshees. If someone really wants to understand the Goth subculture a study of those bands is a good start. The subculture started with those bands back in the late 70s early 80s. They sing about love, loss of love mainly. No cussing or glorify drug use, no sex drugs and rock n roll type lyrics, most Goths hate drugs and despise Promiscuity even the non Christian ones, they see at as to conforming or being to much like normal society. There is an old expression in the Goth community it goes "Hippies tried to change society, Punk Rockers tried to destroy it; Goths turned their backs on it.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Ironman wrote:macca;
"Who are the God appointed fools that think all should look a certain way to be a christian?

I could box your ears for believing Rocky is a lower type than yourselves.

like i said, you lot make me sick, and i am ashamed of this thread"
You know me personally better than anyone on here.

I never said anyone should look a certain way to be Christian?

I never once said Rocky was a lower type than myself?

I did say certain people get tatted and they recieve reactions form people.

In my opinion Christians need to be faithfull in representing Him as He created us,"In His Image and likeness!

Sorry old mate, change of life has set in :crazyeyes:

I once dressed up as a woman for a party :shocked!: i was a dead ringer for my mother so i have never done that again :mrgreen:

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

macca wrote:

I once dressed up as a woman for a party :shocked!: i was a dead ringer for my mother so i have never done that again :mrgreen:
pics please :mrgreen:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

THANK YOU ROCKY.that helps me understand it better.

i must say that the media doesnt do you any favors.on aol.com my homepage yesterday the first item was marilyn manson and they said goth rocker without his makeup.he was not recognizable.
the greatest horror of his story is he actually went to Grace Cathedral in Akron Reverend Angley's Church.his aunt i think took him.he blasphemed the man of God and... :agrue:

i lived just a few miles from his home in North Canton when i was married. :agrue:

Rocky wrote:
branham1965 wrote:BROTHER
WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO????
Sorry Billy I did not see this. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, secular and Christian, as long as the secular music does not glorify sin or destructive behaviors, which can be hard to find. But of course I like post punk, Goth rock, Christian rock, Christian metal, old hymns, 50s rockabilly, even a some country and bluegrass. And no Marilyn Manson is not Goth music. Goth music are bands like The Cure, Joy Division, Sisters of mercy, Siouxsie And The Banshees. If someone really wants to understand the Goth subculture a study of those bands is a good start. The subculture started with those bands back in the late 70s early 80s. They sing about love, loss of love mainly. No cussing or glorify drug use, no sex drugs and rock n roll type lyrics, most Goths hate drugs and despise Promiscuity even the non Christian ones, they see at as to conforming or being to much like normal society. There is an old expression in the Goth community it goes "Hippies tried to change society, Punk Rockers tried to destroy it; Goths turned their backs on it.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

+lol haw haw haw haw haw
Rocky wrote:
macca wrote:

pics please :mrgreen:

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote:THANK YOU ROCKY.that helps me understand it better.

i must say that the media doesnt do you any favors.on aol.com my homepage yesterday the first item was marilyn manson and they said goth rocker without his makeup.he was not recognizable.
the greatest horror of his story is he actually went to Grace Cathedral in Akron Reverend Angley's Church.his aunt i think took him.he blasphemed the man of God and... :agrue:

i lived just a few miles from his home in North Canton when i was married. :agrue:
Yeah the media has no idea about the subculture. Even Christian web sites do the same. marilyn manson is always brought up. Manson is not goth he is a shock rocker and a satanist. Another thing that is confused with Goth is black metal. Even non Christian goths despise Black Metal and Manson for the reproach they have brought on the culture. Movies do this as well. So I understand the aversions.Here are things that people believe are goth but are not .
-Warning- the following pics may be offensive to some viewers
Not goth this is black metal, Heavy Metal and black metal is not goth music
Abgain this is black metal(not Goth)
This is a Black Metal Band not goth.
Soryy for that, but this was the only black metal girl that had the most cloths on..

Now the following is goth:
The next one is my Wife
This is one of the people that started the culture
Me
Ok I know that was a lot of pics. But, see the refinement in it and the differences? So as you can see nothing satnic about these pics.. Most of it is clothes that are from the Victorian era mixed with punk fashion.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote: So as you can see nothing satnic about these pics.. Most of it is clothes that are from the Victorian era mixed with punk fashion.
You are kidding right? Have you ever met a Satanist? That is exactly how Satanist dress and they did so long before it was "goth" of whatever you want to call it. Go look at the picture of Anton LaVey at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_LaVey

Let me assure you he was one of milder Satanist but managed to catch the spotlight back in the late 60's early 70's with his Satanism. He dressed like most of your pictures.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

The biggest shock La-Vey :-| got was when he woke up dead :evilbat:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

No disrespect to you Rocky, I dont know you personally.

1. Your wife is a beautiful woman, look after her.

2. This is a Black Metal Band not goth pic. These six blokes, and others like them . . . I have worked with and dealt with men like this who are associated with bands like them, many times. I grew up with and went to school with one, "Mark Priest!"

When one strips away the make-up, the look at me I'm scary clothing, the screaming gutter voice and all their garbage, usually, all one has left is a spineless pack of girly boys??

I had them for tea and done them like a dinner many times, beforeI learnt about God and read His Word.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?