Dake Bible Discussion BoardRevelation 12:5

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Revelation 12:5

Post by branham1965 »

I cannot see how this can be anyone but the Lord Jesus.

To me it seems like the Lord.

Thoughts???

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Revelation 12:5

Post by Ironman »

Rev. 12:5, And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Dake Bible notes page 514, "J."

The Man-child p. 434 for 15 proofs that the 144,000 Jews are symbolized by the man-child.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I am not trying to be divisive.

I am just giving a different viewpoint.

"AND SHE BROUGHT FORTH A MAN CHILD ;WHO WAS TO RULE ALL NATIONS

WITH A ROD OF IRON." Revelation 12:5

I ran my references in my Open Bible

Reference 1.

Revelation 19:15 "And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword,that with it He should smite the nations:AND HE SHALL RULE THEM WITH A ROD OF IRON:and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God."

Reference 2 Psalms 2:9. "Thou shalt break them WITH A ROD OF IRON ;Thou shalt dash them pieces like a potters vessel."

How this can be Anyone else????

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

In no way am i trying to be disrespectful of you guys or the Board.

I respect Reverend Dake very much.

Can we possibly disagree on a few things without falling out and all that stuff??

sighs

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Just read my post above.To me it explains it.

I looked in the Dake Bible and some other materials for other commentary by scholars.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Revelation 12:13, And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

When the devil sees that he has failed to destroy the 144,000, or the manchild, he will turn on the woman or Israel who has produced the manchild.

Notes "g" Dake Bible Revelation 12:13, page 515.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

The destiny of the 144,000 Jews proves them to be the manchild (Rev. 14:1-5). They will appear "before the throne" in Heaven and "before the four beasts and the elders" who are before the throne. It is expressly stated that they will be redeemed "from the earth" and "from among men."

Therefore they cannot be earthly people who will go through the last three and one half years of the tribulation, and who will form the nucleus around which the twelve tribes will be gathered in the Millennium. The fact that they will be in heaven between the seventh trumpet and the first vial shows that they will have been raptured. Under these circumstances if they are not raptured as the manchild in the middle of the Week, just when would they be raptured?

The three messenger angels immediately following the vision of the 144,000 in Heaven, will proclaim their particular messages from the middle of the Week inwards (Rev. 14: 6-11),so it stands to reason that the vision will be fulfilled in the place it is given, which is immediately after the manchild is caught up to God under the seventh trumpet, and before the vials and the ministry of the messenger angels.
God's plan for man page 888 (2).

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

[quote="branham1965"]Some how the wires are crossed here. I may be misunderstanding you. +goofy

NIV,Orthodox,Peoples ,King James study Bible,Wiersbe,Halley.... all say it is Christ and He was caught up to Heaven when he ascended.

Orthodox SB has interesting notes on this Chapter.

The KJV study Bible 2nd edition is quite nice.It is well done.published by Thomas Nelson. Ed Hindson Editor.

I think you would like it.

I meant no offence meant to you and Haz.

None taken billy. Christ first ascended up to Heaven after He was raised from the dead. He at that time took all those who were in Paradise with Abraham, waiting for their saviour to release them from that place. Eph. 4:8, Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

These were the immortal souls that were held in captivity by Satan.
This has nothing to do with the manchild.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

THANK YOU for caring mate.

You are a true cobber. :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Some how the wires are crossed here. I may be misunderstanding you. +goofy

NIV,Orthodox,Peoples ,King James study Bible,Wiersbe,Halley.... all say it is Christ and He was caught up to Heaven when he ascended.

Orthodox SB has interesting notes on this Chapter.

The KJV study Bible 2nd edition is quite nice.It is well done.published by Thomas Nelson. Ed Hindson Editor.

I think you would like it.

I meant no offence meant to you and Haz.

None taken billy. Christ first ascended up to Heaven after He was raised from the dead. He at that time took all those who were in Paradise with Abraham, waiting for their saviour to release them from that place. Eph. 4:8, Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

These were the immortal souls that were held in captivity by Satan.
This has nothing to do with the manchild.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

ANYONE SAYING THAT IS NOT THE BIRTH OF CHRIST IS READING SOME WINDBAGS BOOKS LIKE LARKIN OR WHOEVER.ITS ALL NONSENSE DOLPH +pieface
dolph wrote:This is a great example of Mr. Dake's brilliance. Just look up manchild in your concordance and you find the key to the puzzle.

Isaiah 66:7-8

7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a MANCHILD. 8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

When Jesus describes His return following the tribulation in the Olivet discourse He calls it a time of troubles. The Greek means birth pangs. This begs the question, Who is being born. The answer is twofold: The 144,000 Jews are sealed in C.7 of Revelation, born again in 12:5 as the manchild, seen in Heaven in C.14. (before her pain, the great tribulation, the 144,000 was delivered). The second birth is all Israel being saved when the Jews see the holes in Christ's hands (Zech.12:10; 13:6) at the second advent after they had fled to the wilderness. Paul said all Israel will be saved, Rom. 11:25,26.

Christ's birth is not part of the narrative in any way.
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.