Dake Bible Discussion BoardWill we eventually populate the universe?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Will we eventually populate the universe?

Post by Ironman »

I believe so.

Psalm 8:3, " I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained."

When we see the vast number of stars, then read that scientists have discovered thousands upon thousands of galaxies, each containing millions of stars, and call it the work of His fingers! Furthermore, Psalm 147:4 tells us that "He counts the number of the stars, He calls them all by name." It is impossible for mankind to know how many stars there are, not to mention the “name” of every star!

"Yea, my hand hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spread out the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together," (Isaiah 48:13).

After God has rid the world of all rebellion and sin and mankind continues to live forever, and the population of the Earth increases year by year, as God had originally planed has Adam not sinned, we will have to move out into the universe.

Psalm 8:3-6, When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers,The moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5, For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor.
6, Thou makest him to have dominion over the works of they hands; Thou hast put all things under his feet:

The Scriptures clearly teach that we will have dominion over the works of God's hands. To have dominion means to rule over,

Dominion definition, the power or right of governing and controlling; to have sovereign authority. (Under Christ).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Will we eventually populate the universe?

Post by branham1965 »

That is a fascinating thought Haz.

I heard Reverend Dake on the question and answers tapes discuss what you are talking about my friend.

He said i might could see my bulldogs again.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:That is a fascinating thought Haz.

I heard Reverend Dake on the question and answers tapes discuss what you are talking about my friend.

We know there are animals in Heaven so why not our pets?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

He said that he thought it would be so. :turn-l:

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:That is a fascinating thought Haz.

We know there are animals in Heaven so why not our pets?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Can you imagine the expanse of the universe and what all is out there? I think it would be totally COOL to see all of that in a safe way :mrgreen:

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:Can you imagine the expanse of the universe and what all is out there? I think it would be totally COOL to see all of that in a safe way :mrgreen:
Jesus, in His glorified flesh and bone body returned to Heaven, spent some time there with the Father and returned to the earth in the same day, after His resurrection.

We will also have glorified flesh and bone bodies as He has and will probably be able to do the same thing as He did, travel through time and space as he does. :angel: