Dake Bible Discussion BoardJUDGE NOT THAT YE BE NOT JUDGED

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

JUDGE NOT THAT YE BE NOT JUDGED

Post by branham1965 »

MATTHEW 7 VERSE 1 JUDGE NOT THAT YE BE NOT JUDGED

" The term judge is used in more than one sense,but Christ's meaning is plain.

1.He does not prohibit the civil judgement of the courts upon evil doers.,for this is approved throughout the whole Bible.

2.He does not prohibit the judgement of the church through its officers upon those who walk disorderly,for both he (Christ) and the apostles enjoined this .

3.HE DOES NOT FORBID THOSE PRIVATE JUDGEMENT'S WE ARE COMPELLED TO FORM OF WRONGDOERS,FOR HE HIMSELF TELLS US TO JUDGE MEN BY THEIR FRUITS.
WHAT HE DESIGNS TO PROHIBIT IS RASH UNCHARITABLE JUDGEMENT'S,
A FAULT FINDING SPIRIT ,A DISPOSITION TO CONDEMN WITHOUT THE EXAMINATION OF CHARGES.

VERSE 2 FOR WITH JUDGEMENT YE JUDGE ,YE SHALL BE JUDGED AND WITH WHAT MEASURE YE MEET ,IT SHALL BE MEASURED TO YOU AGAIN.

Not by men but by God,He (Christ)takes note of the unkind ,harsh,censorious spirit ,and deals with man according to his own spirit.There is a principle that runs here through the moral government of God - whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.

From Barton Warren Johnson's Notes On The New Testament(1833-1894)
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: JUDGE NOT THAT YE BE NOT JUDGED

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:54 pm
MATTHEW 7 VERSE 1 JUDGE NOT THAT YE BE NOT JUDGED

" The term judge is used in more than one sense,but Christ's meaning is plain.

1.He does not prohibit the civil judgement of the courts upon evil doers.,for this is approved throughout the whole Bible.

2.He does not prohibit the judgement of the church through its officers upon those who walk disorderly,for both he (Christ) and the apostles enjoined this .

3.HE DOES NOT FORBID THOSE PRIVATE JUDGEMENT'S WE ARE COMPELLED TO FORM OF WRONGDOERS,FOR HE HIMSELF TELLS US TO JUDGE MEN BY THEIR FRUITS.
WHAT HE DESIGNS TO PROHIBIT IS RASH UNCHARITABLE JUDGEMENT'S
A FAULT FINDING SPIRIT A DISPOSITION TO CONDEMN WITHOUT THE EXAMINATION OF CHARGES.

VERSE 2 FOR WITH JUDGEMENT YE JUDGE ,YE SHALL BE JUDGED AND WITH WHAT MEASURE YE MEET ,IT SHALL BE MEASURED TO YOU AGAIN.

Not by men but by God,He takes note of the unkind ,harsh,censorious spirit ,and deals with man according to his own spirit.There is a principle that runs here through the moral government of God whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.

From Barton Warren Johnson's Notes On The New Testament(1833-1894)
:angel: :angel: :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks mate :angel: .

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:18 pm
Thanks mate :angel: .
Isn't there a verse that says something along the lines of, he that is spiritual judgeth all things? Right off hand, I don't recall the entire context of the verse though. It might be worth adding to the discussion to bring out more in this area.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

See John 7:24 and 1 Corinthians 2:15.

Where everyone went off the rails is they read Hank Hanagraaf or Dave Hunt and

then ordained themselves as witch hunters in the church.

Judgement is for PROVEN LEADERS in the church.

See point 2 and 3 above.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Ephesians 6:12, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS IN HIGH PLACES.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

I know one witch we can all agree on!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

+lol
bibleman wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:47 pm
I know one witch we can all agree on!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Looks like "Sillery."

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

we are to use scripture for exhortion correction
people use judging to dodge exhortion to homosexuals i point out 1 cor 6
first we read for our own salvation yet we cannot ignore the political power of unclean sex