Dake Bible Discussion BoardBilly Graham has died at age 99

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Billy Graham has died at age 99

Post by bibleman »

GREENVILLE, S.C. — The Rev. Billy Graham has died at age 99.

Graham died Wednesday morning at his home in Montreat, North Carolina.

Graham had been in failing health in recent years and had suffered several bouts of respiratory illness.

In his career as an evangelist, Graham preached to more than 210 million people in more than 185 countries and territories.

In 1950, Graham founded the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association with its headquarters in Minneapolis. The association later relocated to Charlotte.

He conducted his ministry through BGEA, including: the weekly "Hour of Decision" radio, television, a newspaper column, "My Answer," Decision magazine which had a circulation of 1.7 million in 160 countries.

Graham wrote dozens of book, nearly all of which became top sellers. His autobiography, "Just As I Am," published in 1997 appeared simultaneously on the three top best-seller lists in one week.

Graham had personal audiences with many sitting US presidents from Harry S. Truman to Barack Obama. He visited in the Oval Office with Truman in 1950, urging him to counter communism in North Korea. In April 2010, President Barack Obama visited Rev. Graham at his home in N.C. for “a private prayer.”

The Gallup organization, which releases a yearly survey of the "Ten Most Admired Men in the World," named Graham the dominant figure in that poll over the past half century -- he was included 42 times, including 35 consecutive years.

Graham appeared on the covers of Time, Newsweek, Life, U.S. News and World Report, Parade.

Until is declining years, Graham stayed fit by swimming and aerobic walking when his schedule permitted. He and his wife, Ruth, had three daughters, two sons, 19 grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren. The Grahams made their home in Montreat, N.C., about 20 miles east of Asheville.

The United States Postal Service has said that Graham was one of the few Americans, along with the current President, who could have mail delivered that simply reads his name and the country: "Billy Graham, America." http://www.wyff4.com/article/influentia ... 9/18542236

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Billy Graham has died at age 99

Post by luchnia »

Billy Graham was once asked what was his greatest regret in his life. His answer was that he did not spend enough time studying the Bible.

A man that lived that long, was that involved with preaching and traveling, and stating that is his biggest regret of not studying God's word enough should strike a cord with many today that put hardly any time toward God's word.

Living around a 100 years is a long time in these times and you can bet he saw a lot of change in his lifetime.

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Proverbs 3:1-2.

1, My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
2, For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I am terribly sorry to hear this.RIP.

bibleman wrote:
GREENVILLE, S.C. — The Rev. Billy Graham has died at age 99.

Graham died Wednesday morning at his home in Montreat, North Carolina.

Graham had been in failing health in recent years and had suffered several bouts of respiratory illness.

In his career as an evangelist, Graham preached to more than 210 million people in more than 185 countries and territories.

In 1950, Graham founded the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association with its headquarters in Minneapolis. The association later relocated to Charlotte.

He conducted his ministry through BGEA, including: the weekly "Hour of Decision" radio, television, a newspaper column, "My Answer," Decision magazine which had a circulation of 1.7 million in 160 countries.

Graham wrote dozens of book, nearly all of which became top sellers. His autobiography, "Just As I Am," published in 1997 appeared simultaneously on the three top best-seller lists in one week.

Graham had personal audiences with many sitting US presidents from Harry S. Truman to Barack Obama. He visited in the Oval Office with Truman in 1950, urging him to counter communism in North Korea. In April 2010, President Barack Obama visited Rev. Graham at his home in N.C. for “a private prayer.”

The Gallup organization, which releases a yearly survey of the "Ten Most Admired Men in the World," named Graham the dominant figure in that poll over the past half century -- he was included 42 times, including 35 consecutive years.

Graham appeared on the covers of Time, Newsweek, Life, U.S. News and World Report, Parade.

Until is declining years, Graham stayed fit by swimming and aerobic walking when his schedule permitted. He and his wife, Ruth, had three daughters, two sons, 19 grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren. The Grahams made their home in Montreat, N.C., about 20 miles east of Asheville.

The United States Postal Service has said that Graham was one of the few Americans, along with the current President, who could have mail delivered that simply reads his name and the country: "Billy Graham, America." http://www.wyff4.com/article/influentia ... 9/18542236

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Dr.Graham was a fine godly man.

He read the Bible prayerfully everyday.He prayed everyday.He was very consecrated.

He knew the good Lord and the Word.And was not afraid to ask other Christian leaders about the Bible either.

When a man preaches Christ to 200 MILLION + people he is a remarkable man.

All the best to Franklin Graham and to all the Graham children and family.
luchnia wrote:Billy Graham was once asked what was his greatest regret in his life. His answer was that he did not spend enough time studying the Bible.

A man that lived that long, was that involved with preaching and traveling, and stating that is his biggest regret of not studying God's word enough should strike a cord with many today that put hardly any time toward God's word.

Living around a 100 years is a long time in these times and you can bet he saw a lot of change in his lifetime.