Dake Bible Discussion BoardIt is Sunday - Be a REAL Christian and go to Church!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: It is Sunday - Be a REAL Christian and go to Church!

Post by bibleman »

Psalms 68:6 God setteth the solitary in families:...

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

AND the old "I been hurt by the church" argument does not get it either. People get hurt by their work and keep working, hurt by their spouses and stay married, run over by a car and keep driving, so why does that become a perfectly good excuse for not attending church. After all REAL Christians forgive and then live like it never happened

And for Christians to not go to church.... (not including the exceptions work, sickness, in jail etc.) is not acceptable when Paul commanded us to go to church in Hebrews 10:25.

The day and age we live in requires the real deal, living our lives for Jesus 100%, sold out to Him... and that includes going to Church.
This is not a "POOR ME post, its my experience of so called Christian churches and schools. Did I read somewhere that there are no abusive churches? My country is full to the brim with them, including schools.

Ex-Catholic priest on trial for allegedly abusing young altar boys in regional NSW. A Catholic priest repeatedly sexually abused three young altar boys in regional NSW in the 1980s, including raping one child at the church's altar, a court has heard.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is being tried for 17 offences allegedly committed against the boys, aged 11 and 12, between 1980 and 1984. And this is only one of dozens of several churches and denominations in our area.

The rest of this story is too sad and horrific to post here.

A nun at the catholic church I attended as a child from 5 y.o. to age 10 whipped me across the back of my legs untill I bled for a very minor mistake.

The headmaster at the christian high school I attended put the hard word on me. Only thing stopping him was that I was 11 stone, fighting fit rugby forward at my school and I told him if he was even to lay a hand on me I would break every bone in his stinking scrawney body. I believe he moved on the other victims.

My wife as a young girl was cracked over the head with the edge a wire bound music book by a nun music teacher because she hit one wrong note during a piano lesson. She ran home crying and bleeding profusely.

I left that religion and church and joined another only to find out by one of my children that they were approached by an elder while attending a church function. I left there and joined another and all I got was non-biblical garbage.

I no longer trust anyone especially those priests, bishops, ministers, and pastors who call themselves "REVEREND, or VERY REVEREND." When we look into the Bible, we find the word "reverend" refers only to God Himself, and not once is it applied to a man. The lone instance of the word, found in Psalm 111:9 in the King James version, says: "He [God] sent redemption unto His people: He hath commanded His covenant for ever: holy and reverend is His name." God alone has a name worthy of reverence. No man, including any minister, has a name worthy of such respect or worship.

I couldn't drag my wife to a church with a team of wild horses after all things she, my children and I have endured over the years.
Well it seems very childish to me, saying I have a bad experience and for that reason I reject the Lord's Church that he said HE would build and the gates of Hell would not prevail against it.

But that be as it may... I have seen you post about the bad things your government Australia has done...

Why don't you leave the country like you did the church?
“Bad experience”, really? When a child is physically, sexually, or emotionally abused that’s not a “bad experience”. When a family or family member is taken advantage of and loses faith, that’s not a “bad experience”. To think that these and many other problems don’t exist is burying your head in the sand. We are told not to forsake fellowship with believers in Scripture. I agree 1000% with that, but is one required to go to a physical building that has a pulpit, class rooms, fellowship/social hall led by some type of board, bishop or clergy? The “Church” isn’t a building, meeting place, or a group, it is believers who when two or more are gathered together in His name...

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: :angel: I agree with you Scott.

Sighs.

scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

AND the old "I been hurt by the church" argument does not get it either. People get hurt by their work and keep working, hurt by their spouses and stay married, run over by a car and keep driving, so why does that become a perfectly good excuse for not attending church. After all REAL Christians forgive and then live like it never happened

And for Christians to not go to church.... (not including the exceptions work, sickness, in jail etc.) is not acceptable when Paul commanded us to go to church in Hebrews 10:25.

The day and age we live in requires the real deal, living our lives for Jesus 100%, sold out to Him... and that includes going to Church.
This is not a "POOR ME post, its my experience of so called Christian churches and schools. Did I read somewhere that there are no abusive churches? My country is full to the brim with them, including schools.

Ex-Catholic priest on trial for allegedly abusing young altar boys in regional NSW. A Catholic priest repeatedly sexually abused three young altar boys in regional NSW in the 1980s, including raping one child at the church's altar, a court has heard.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is being tried for 17 offences allegedly committed against the boys, aged 11 and 12, between 1980 and 1984. And this is only one of dozens of several churches and denominations in our area.

A nun at the catholic church I attended as a child from 5 y.o. to age 10 whipped me across the back of my legs untill I bled for a very minor mistake.

The headmaster at the christian high school I attended put the hard word on me. Only thing stopping him was that I was 11 stone, fighting fit rugby forward at my school and I told him if he was even to lay a hand on me I would break every bone in his stinking scrawney body. I believe he moved on the other victims.

My wife as a young girl was cracked over the head with the edge a wire bound music book by a nun music teacher because she hit one wrong note during a piano lesson. She ran home crying and bleeding profusely.

I left that religion and church and joined another only to find out by one of my children that they were approached by an elder while attending a church function. I left there and joined another and all I got was non-biblical garbage.

I no longer trust anyone especially those priests, bishops, ministers, and pastors who call themselves "REVEREND, or VERY REVEREND." When we look into the Bible, we find the word "reverend" refers only to God Himself, and not once is it applied to a man. The lone instance of the word, found in Psalm 111:9 in the King James version, says: "He [God] sent redemption unto His people: He hath commanded His covenant for ever: holy and reverend is His name." God alone has a name worthy of reverence. No man, including any minister, has a name worthy of such respect or worship.

I couldn't drag my wife to a church with a team of wild horses after all things she, my children and I have endured over the years.
Well it seems very childish to me, saying I have a bad experience and for that reason I reject the Lord's Church that he said HE would build and the gates of Hell would not prevail against it.

But that be as it may... I have seen you post about the bad things your government Australia has done...

“Bad experience”, really? When a child is physically, sexually, or emotionally abused that’s not a “bad experience”. When a family or family member is taken advantage of and loses faith, that’s not a “bad experience”. To think that these and many other problems don’t exist is burying your head in the sand. We are told not to forsake fellowship with believers in Scripture. I agree 1000% with that, but is one required to go to a physical building that has a pulpit, class rooms, fellowship/social hall led by some type of board, bishop or clergy? The “Church” isn’t a building, meeting place, or a group, it is believers who when two or more are gathered together in His name...

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

Hey Scott,

If you asked directions from me and I said "Go to the end of the road and turn left at the church on the corner. would you be looking for 2 or 3 people standing around OR would you be looking for a building? You and me both know you would look for a building. So a lesson in church definition is not needed.

PLUS YOU said: "The “Church” isn’t a building, meeting place, or a group, it is believers who when two or more are gathered together in His name..."

So according to YOU - The CHURCH - "believers who are gathered together" The BODY of CHRIST... are the ones that are creating these "Bad experiences"

YOU really have a low opinion of the Church of Jesus Christ don't you?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Those " bad experiences " that you laugh at and make fun of exist.

Some people know of them first hand.

THEY DO EXIST.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:Those " bad experiences " that you laugh at and make fun of exist.

THEY DO EXIST.
So you are saying that the Church of Jesus Christ is abusing people today!

So when we all get to Heaven... we will see people who were abused by blood bought, blood washed saints of God who will be sitting right beside of them.

Will they still be abusing people in Heaven too?

God bless
Leon Bible

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Those " bad experiences " that you laugh at and make fun of exist.

THEY DO EXIST.

So when we all get to Heaven... we will see people who were abused by blood bought, blood washed saints of God who will be sitting right beside of them.

Bibleman, who said blood bought, blood washed saints of God abuse people? :shocked!:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:

THEY DO EXIST.

Bibleman, who said blood bought, blood washed saints of God abuse people? :shocked!:
Billy and Scott said that the church was abusing people.

Well the Church is "blood bought and blood washed." That is what makes the the church the church.

God bless
Leon Bible

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:

THEY DO EXIST.

Well the Church is "blood bought and blood washed." That is what makes the the church the church.
I dont think billy or scott said Jesus Christ's called out members of His church, led by Him alone, and not popes, men or any one else abuse people. They and I are referring to so called churches who believe they are the true church do abuse people. I was in several who taught me their their bretheren they were the true church and no one would enter Heaven unless they were members, and they abused people, broke up marriages, assulted children sexually and even worse. Their the churches billy scott and I are accusing and rightly so.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:

THEY DO EXIST.

I dont think billy or scott said Jesus Christ's called out members of His church, led by Him alone, and not popes, men or any one else abuse people. They and I are referring to so called churches who believe they are the true church do abuse people. I was in several who taught me their their bretheren they were the true church and no one would enter Heaven unless they were members, and they abused people, broke up marriages, assulted children sexually and even worse. Their the churches billy scott and I are accusing and rightly so.
I understand...

But you should not be using the word Church!

Because the Church is the body of Christ.

And the body of Christ has never abused anybody.

God bless
Leon Bible