Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat is Synthesised Cannibalism?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

What is Synthesised Cannibalism?

Post by Ironman »

What is Synthesised Cannibalism?

While chicken, beef and fish are given the all clear, some types of meats simply don't sit well. From horse to dog, most menus have their limits. But now, some scientists are predicting that a radical new food trend could be about to emerge. It's known as "synthesised cannibalism" and could soon see the world tucking into juicy, cruelty free burgers crafted from lab-grown human meat.

“In the West, this is a huge taboo,” comments Dr. Bill Schutt, author of Eat Me: A Natural and Unnatural History of Cannibalism. “Especially the medicinal cannibalism that took place relatively recently in Europe. I think it was something that people probably weren’t particularly proud of, once they discovered that modern medicine had better solutions than eating body parts.”

The perks of synthetic meat

One of the biggest benefits would be a significant reduction in cost. Meat is an expensive product, with price points determined by the huge amount of cash that's channelled into breeding and sustaining livestock. Overcoming ethical and cruelty issues is another big selling point, with a team of scientists from Maastricht University in the Netherlands recently proving that it is possible to grow animal meat in laboratories using little more than cell cultures. There are also exciting environmental benefits on the table, with recent FAO statistics suggesting that the global livestock industry accounts for 7.1 gigatonnes of Co2 a year. This represents a huge 14.5% of all anthropogenic GHG emissions. So, from an economic perspective lab-grown humans could represent a host of benefits.

Considering the "yuk factor"

While there is a serious "yuk factor" to consider, some experts maintain that technically there's nothing wrong with eating lab-grown humans.
Dr. John Loike, director of special programmes at Columbia’s Centre for Bioethics muses, “The yuck factor is an emotional, not necessarily logical, response."

Are humans disease ridden?

Of course, human-to-human cannibalism is laced with controversy. As well as being unethical, consuming genuine human meat can pass on deadly diseases. In the late 1950s researchers confirmed that cannibalism in Papua New Guinea triggered muscle spasms and seizures, as well as brain deterioration. The UK has also reported similar findings, with a spike in transmissible spongiform encephalopathy diseases blamed on an increase in the use of cow remains as cattle feed. Basically, same species consumption is associated with a string of health problems.

https://www.labmate-online.com/news/new ... lism/44542

We are definitely living in the last days.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: What is Synthesised Cannibalism?

Post by branham1965 »

Amen Haz.

Haz showed another glaring example of the world being reprobate.

We are much worse than the Days of Noah.

The entire Earth is becoming Sodom and Gomorrah.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

No that is not true.Not even close. :agrue:

These are the Last Days.This is the Final Hour.

The whole Bible is going to be fulfilled .

God has got enough of this present evil world and the people in it.

Judgement is about to fall.

And Jesus is coming soon.The Church will be taken out.

When the Last Tear of Calvary falls for this earth it is Tribulation time. :arrow:

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:No that is not true.Not even close. :agrue:

These are the Last Days.This is the Final Hour.

The whole Bible is going to be fulfilled .

God has got enough of this present evil world and the people in it.

Judgement is about to fall.

And Jesus is coming soon.The Church will be taken out.

When the Last Tear of Calvary falls for this earth it is Tribulation time. :arrow:
To each his own I suppose. Since the Word of God is my source for understanding the events that usher in the Last Days, I would have to see scriptural evidence of those statements.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

What did Pastor Rod Parsley and your Pastor from Bible College teach???

Why have you left them?