Dake Bible Discussion BoardMinistry Gifts-PASTOR'S

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Ministry Gifts-PASTOR'S

Post by branham1965 »

If we do not have a real living Pastor that we sit under and submit our souls to in the Lord

then we are not obeying the Lord.

So many today are their own Pastors and are under no spiritual authority.

That is not the Lord's Way.

I welcome any thoughts.

bibleman
Administrator

Re: Ministry Gifts-PASTOR'S

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:If we do not have a real living Pastor that we sit under and submit our souls to in the Lord

I welcome any thoughts.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

It takes the ministry of the Pastor to prefect the saints. Without the saints be perfected they cannot do the work of the ministry. Without the work of the ministry the body of Christ cannot be edified.

We can never measure up to the stature of the fulness of Christ without the ministry of the Pastor.

Without the ministry of the Pastor people are blown about and tossed to and fro with every wild doctrine that is out there.

There is just no substitute for God's divine plan of maturity for believers!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you Reverend Bible.

You expressed it much better than i ever could. :Fade-color

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:If we do not have a real living Pastor that we sit under and submit our souls to in the Lord

I welcome any thoughts.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

It takes the ministry of the Pastor to prefect the saints. Without the saints be perfected they cannot do the work of the ministry. Without the work of the ministry the body of Christ cannot be edified.

We can never measure up to the stature of the fulness of Christ without the ministry of the Pastor.

Without the ministry of the Pastor people are blown about and tossed to and fro with every wild doctrine that is out there.

There is just no substitute for God's divine plan of maturity for believers!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

So confessing that Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings, and believing the Father sent Him and raised Him from the dead is not enough for salvation?

Romans 10:9, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I was under many bishops, pastors, and ministers for most of my life, and all they did was scare the hell out of me, fill my head with absolute garbage and lies, and hold me in fear and bondage, and nearly caused my family to give me away as a bad joke. I thank God every day that He pulled me out of there and got me to study His Holy Word for myself and that's how I found the truth.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:So confessing that Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings, and believing the Father sent Him and raised Him from the dead is not enough for salvation?

Romans 10:9, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I was under many bishops, pastors, and ministers for most of my life, and all they did was scare the hell out of me, fill my head with absolute garbage and lies, and hold me in fear and bondage, and nearly caused my family to give me away as a bad joke. I thank God every day that He pulled me out of there and got me to study His Holy Word for myself and that's how I found the truth.
So would you disagree with Paul that Pastors help in perfecting of the saints?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:So confessing that Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings, and believing the Father sent Him and raised Him from the dead is not enough for salvation?

Not at all, its finding one that's true in ones area where one lives that's the problem.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Not at all, its finding one that's true in ones area where one lives that's the problem.
I would guess this is the dilemma for many people today.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I meant no offence to you mate. :agrue:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

It is important that we attend Church and be under a good Pastor.

That is how i should have posted this.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:It is important that we attend Church and be under a good Pastor.

That is how i should have posted this.
No offence taken Billy. I agree, It is important that we attend Church and be under a good Pastor, If We can Find one in the area we live in.