Dake Bible Discussion BoardWord of God or mouths of men?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Word of God or mouths of men?

Post by luchnia »

Do you spend your time listening to God's word or what men have to say? Do they become your knowledge base or does God's word? What fills your heart?

For example, I rarely will listen to preachers, but focus primarily on listening to God's word and reading and studying his word and at times it has been exhausting study, yet it is my life blood and who I am. This does not mean I don't occasionally listen to someone preach, but it is not as often the case for me.

I have found in the roughly 40 years that the more I listen to God's word the more I can see how men stumble over it. It disappoints me that men lack in knowing God's word. It makes me think all the more, if faith comes by hearing the word of God then I need to hear the word of God and not as much mingled seed. When I look into mingled seed it is usually to see the methods men travel. I don't know the context at the moment, yet I am reminded the thought of will Jesus find faith when He returns.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Word of God or mouths of men?

Post by branham1965 »

luchnia

40 years of study is a long time. :angel: I respect you for that Bible study.

May i ask you please

who are the Preachers that you do listen to ??

Are there any that bless and help you??

i am asking in all sincerity :agrue:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:luchnia

40 years of study is a long time. :angel: I respect you for that Bible study.

May i ask you please

who are the Preachers that you do listen to ??

Are there any that bless and help you??

i am asking in all sincerity :agrue:
Over the years I have listened to a number of preachers and I have heard many messages that I really enjoyed, even from some that I don't agree with their doctrines. I think we can get something out of most anything, even Anderson :mrgreen:

I have not really listened to any lately and not many come to mind at the moment, folks like Hagin, Dake, Capps, and others, but I have to think about it and maybe I can think of more. I have learned to glean any gold I can out of speakers and let the chaff float away.

I think that is important and I know many are genuine in their intent about what they teach and preach as they should be. We must be strong in our discernment of what we hear as Jesus told the disciples.

Word up!

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

[quote="luchnia"]Do you spend your time listening to God's word or what men have to say? Do they become your knowledge base or does God's word? What fills your heart?

I expect God to talk to me when i read my bible and He does ( rhema ) I beleive i attend the local church He guided me to and that i'm in my place there. I expect Him to talk to me by whoever hold the office behind the pulpit when i'm there and he does.Often by the prophecies uttered during the meeting.
I beleive He inspire His thoughts through me,
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. ( 1 Cor.2:12 )
He birth holy desires in me.He guideth me with His peace and i know that i know His will. He can use whatever way He please to talk to me. He can make a flower out of nothing just for me.
( My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: Jn.10.27 )

I learned that there is a biblical principle that need 2 or 3 whitnesses for something to be declared true, so when i can have many whitnesses from the above ( Or anything else that pleases Him to use to make me know His mind. ) i'm confident that i'm in the right path.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

frenchie wrote:I learned that there is a biblical principle that need 2 or 3 whitnesses for something to be declared true, so when i can have many whitnesses from the above ( Or anything else that pleases Him to use to make me know His mind. ) i'm confident that i'm in the right path.
Thanks for the post. You bring up a great topic here and this is probably a topic that could consume another thread.

I agree that there must be confirmation, yet there are many things that are confirmed in the mouth of two or more witnesses that are not true. A simple example is that one that is living in sin is saved. I have heard this very thing confirmed by more than two witnesses, so since that is confirmed does that make it true?

Even today many simply confirm with the mouth that they cannot be free this side of heaven and maintain that is scriptural. I remember asking a person once if someone is raping then they are saved and they skirted the issue by saying that was different. They have been taught this by the mouths of men and sincerely believe the Spirit of God has revealed this to them. They have not confirmed that Jesus has set them free from sin and death and they are alive to Christ. If they are in sin they are not His and have not His Spirit. We know this, but many simply do not.

Here is another example of something confirmed in the mouth of two or more witnesses. God doesn't answer prayer until He is ready. I have heard that confirmed many times over and grow weary of it. If your prayer is not answered, is that on God? So does declaring it by the mouth of two or more witnesses declare something true?

What you find odd about these sort of things is that folks cannot even produce God's word to support what they are saying and if they can it is the out of context pick and choose that the doctrine is built upon, but they do confirm it strongly and it becomes belief for them. I think this aligns well with the subject title. These type of things come from the mouths of men and not the source.

I look at it this way. If I know who holds the truth, then I would return to that source first and foremost for the truth. I would make sure I have that well grounded and then might listen to some other sources just to see how they present it, but merely for the the sake of measuring against the Word. That is just my style and not meant to cause anyone problems.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Hey luchnia :Fade-color

We have the law of the Lord which is perfect converting the soul.And James tells us we have the perfect law of liberty .Psalms 19:7 ;James 1:25.

:turn-l: