Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS IT BAPTIMAL REGENARATION OR REGENERATION BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

IS IT BAPTIMAL REGENARATION OR REGENERATION BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST???

Post by branham1965 »

WHICH IS IT???

BAPTISMAL REGENERATION AS I WAS TAUGHT IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH????????????

OR WAS IT JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH IN THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST????

WHAT SAY YOU??????????????

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: IS IT BAPTIMAL REGENARATION OR REGENERATION BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST???

Post by Ironman »

The Catholic Church teaches that:
Baptism is necessary for salvation (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1277).
Baptism causes regeneration. (In theological jargon, baptism is said to be the instrumental cause of regeneration). Baptism is not only a sign; it actually brings about the new birth. “Through baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1213).

Here is where they are wrong, as in most things.
1. They don't baptize by immersion as Christ was, they sprinkle a little water on >BABIES< and adults heads and believe they are baptized.

2. And Baptism is NOT for salvation.

They also teach and believe;

1. Baptism without personal faith saves (as in the case of infant baptism).

2. Without baptism, faith does not save (as in the case of catechumens who are not yet saved because they are not yet baptised, even though they have repented and believed in Christ).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

[quote="branham1965"]WHEN IS THE REGENERATION

OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

I AGREE WITH HAZ.

IN MY LIFE I WAS NO MORE SAVED WITH REAL SALVATION.

IT WAS THE TRUTH OF THE REPENTANCE TOWARD GOD AND FAITH IN OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.ACTS 20:21.

AT THAT POINT I WAS SAVED.NOT UNTIL.

ROME TAUGHT A DIFFERENT GOSPEL.

THE REFORMERS TAUGHT YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

Thanks billy. I was dribbled on as a child, went to catholic school, knew the mass backwards in latin as an alter boy, did priestly confession, said a million hail Maries, ate meat of Friday knowing we would go to hell, missed many massed after being taught we would go to hell, prayed to the dead, kissed statues, said a million rosaries, and all the while I was one of the worst sinners on the earth, until the Father drew me to Christ, as an adult, taught me the truth from His Word, not some collar backwards priest and nuns, and I was baptized as Jesus was, fully immersed, and I have stayed away from sin and crime ever since. All the catholic church did was drive me deep into sin and away from God.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

HAZ

you are right.

The Papacy teaches infant baptism.I heard this at Saint Anthony's Church.

The truth from the Reformation teaches the believing penitent

is saved by faith toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:WHEN IS THE REGENERATION

OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

I AGREE WITH HAZ.

IN MY LIFE I WAS NO MORE SAVED WITH REAL SALVATION.

IT WAS THE TRUTH OF THE REPENTANCE TOWARD GOD AND FAITH IN OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.ACTS 20:21.

AT THAT POINT I WAS SAVED.NOT UNTIL.

ROME TAUGHT A DIFFERENT GOSPEL.

THE REFORMERS TAUGHT YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

Thanks billy. I was dribbled on as a child, went to catholic school, knew the mass backwards in latin as an alter boy, did priestly confession, said a million hail Maries, ate meat of Friday knowing we would go to hell, missed many massed after being taught we would go to hell, and was one of the worst sinners on the earth, until the Father drew me to Christ, as an adult, taught me the truth from His Word, not some collar backwards priest and nuns, and I was baptized as Jesus was, fully immersed, and I have stayed away from sin and crime ever since. All the catholic church did was drive me away from God.