Dake Bible Discussion BoardSam Gipp on the Rapture

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Sam Gipp on the Rapture

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue May 30, 2017 11:04 am

https://youtu.be/Q0mPv-7V9XY
https://youtu.be/Q0mPv-7V9XY

Is it possible that the dead in Christ will rise 40 days before the rapture?

If not, why not?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Sam Gipp on the Rapture

Postby branham1965 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 pm

That is just crazy.

He is off the plot on that subject.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue May 30, 2017 5:18 pm

Is it possible the dead in Christ shall rise 40 days before the rapture?

NO, because we shall be caught up TOGETHER with them to meet the Lord in the air.

The dead in Christ wont be hanging around in the clouds playing Jews harps until we are caught up 40 days later.

1 Thess. 4: 16, For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17, Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue May 30, 2017 6:30 pm

Ironman wrote:Is it possible the dead in Christ shall rise 40 days before the rapture?

NO, because we shall be caught up TOGETHER with them to meet the Lord in the air.

The dead in Christ wont be hanging around in the clouds playing Jews harps until we are caught up 40 days later.

1 Thess. 4: 16, For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17, Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Hi, Haz...

That isn't what Gipp is saying... He said nothing about the dead in Christ hanging around in the clouds for 40 days...

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue May 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:Is it possible the dead in Christ shall rise 40 days before the rapture?

Hi, Haz...

That isn't what Gipp is saying... He said nothing about the dead in Christ hanging around in the clouds for 40 days...

Hi,
I didn't watch the clip, I just answered the topic headline. "Is it possible the dead in Christ shall rise 40 days before the rapture?"

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue May 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Ironman wrote:Hi,
I didn't watch the clip, I just answered the topic headline. "Is it possible the dead in Christ shall rise 40 days before the rapture?"

Nothing about the dead in Christ rising 40 days before the rapture would require the conclusion that they'd be hanging about in the clouds waiting on the rest of us, would it?

Resurrection and rapture are two different things. Rising doesn't require catching up (rapture).

The dead in Christ rise before the rapture.

Gipp suggest that it could be as much as 40 days before the rapture.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:00 pm

THAT IS SPOT ON HAZ. :angel: :angel: :angel:

That fella ....Gipp +pieface is saying something totally different.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue May 30, 2017 11:49 pm

Nothing about the dead in Christ rising 40 days before the rapture would require the conclusion that they'd be hanging about in the clouds waiting on the rest of us, would it?

Resurrection and rapture are two different things. Rising doesn't require catching up (rapture).

This clearly states that the dead in Christ shall rise first, THEN, not 4, 14, 24, 34 or 40 days later, take your pick, "we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

TOGETHER, means just that. It does not mean 5 weeks and 5 days later? And where is the Lord while the dead in Christ hang about in the clouds for 40 days?

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:39 am

Thanks for that help Haz. :turn-l:

The real Bible Truth always is better than falsehoods and nonsense conjured up by our

over -active imaginations.

Ironman wrote:

This clearly states that the dead in Christ shall rise first, THEN, not 4, 14, 24, 34 or 40 days later, take your pick, "we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

TOGETHER, means just that. It does not mean 5 weeks and 5 days later? And where is the Lord while the dead in Christ hang about in the clouds for 40 days?

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed May 31, 2017 5:58 pm

I think it's just Gipp's version of the Gap theory (fact). He sees room for a gap between the rising of the dead in Christ and the rapture similar to how others saw gaps in other scriptures:
    ● Dake (and others) saw a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2,
    ● Many see a gap between Daniel's 69th and 70th week,
    ● and Jesus appears to have taught a gap in Isaiah 61:1 between the acceptable year and the day of vengeance.

The idea of the dead in Christ rising forty days before the rapture and preaching all over the world is a novel idea, as far as I can tell. I don't know of anyone else that has suggested that as a possibility.

Again, nothing about hanging out in the clouds in Gipp's gap theory.

Here's another video featuring Gipp teaching on this topic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNtN7fAT7ZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNtN7fAT7ZE

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”