Dake Bible Discussion BoardRevelation 12:5

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Revelation 12:5

Postby branham1965 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:09 pm

I cannot see how this can be anyone but the Lord Jesus.

To me it seems like the Lord.

Thoughts???

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Revelation 12:5

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue May 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Why can't you see it?

What issues do you have with Dake's notes on this verse?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue May 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Rev. 12:5, And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Dake Bible notes page 514, "J."

The Man-child p. 434 for 15 proofs that the 144,000 Jews are symbolized by the man-child.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:03 pm

I am not trying to be divisive.

I am just giving a different viewpoint.

"AND SHE BROUGHT FORTH A MAN CHILD ;WHO WAS TO RULE ALL NATIONS

WITH A ROD OF IRON." Revelation 12:5

I ran my references in my Open Bible

Reference 1.

Revelation 19:15 "And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword,that with it He should smite the nations:AND HE SHALL RULE THEM WITH A ROD OF IRON:and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God."

Reference 2 Psalms 2:9. "Thou shalt break them WITH A ROD OF IRON ;Thou shalt dash them pieces like a potters vessel."

How this can be Anyone else????

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:52 am

In no way am i trying to be disrespectful of you guys or the Board.

I respect Reverend Dake very much.

Can we possibly disagree on a few things without falling out and all that stuff??

sighs

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed May 24, 2017 8:43 am

Please, don't misunderstand the nature of my questions... I'm genuinely interested in why you disagree with Dake on this.

I do, too. But, I think I understand why he believes it isn't Christ.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:50 am

Just read my post above.To me it explains it.

I looked in the Dake Bible and some other materials for other commentary by scholars.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed May 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Regarding ruling with an iron rod...

Revelation 2:26-27 King James Version
      And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of My Father.

Revelation 2:26-27 shows that others, other than Christ, may rule as Psalm 2:9 describes. So, that by itself really isn't enough to disprove Dake's position on this. It's entirely possible that the 144,000 may be granted this iron rod of rulership.

So, if this is all you have, I don't think it is enough to substantiate disagreement with Dake on the identity of the Man Child.

Do you have any other reasons for disagreeing with Dake that concerning the Man Child's identity?

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:52 am

Those verses i gave above in my post apply to Jesus Christ.

+jesussign +fish

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Regarding ruling with an iron rod...

Revelation 2:26-27 King James Version
      And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of My Father.

Revelation 2:26-27 shows that others, other than Christ, may rule as Psalm 2:9 describes. So, that by itself really isn't enough to disprove Dake's position on this. It's entirely possible that the 144,000 may be granted this iron rod of rulership.

So, if this is all you have, I don't think it is enough to substantiate disagreement with Dake on the identity of the Man Child.

Do you have any other reasons for disagreeing with Dake that concerning the Man Child's identity?

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu May 25, 2017 6:54 pm

branham1965 wrote:Those verses i gave above in my post apply to Jesus Christ.

Perhaps, but they prove nothing as to the identity of the Man Child.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”