Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT IS THE IDENTIFYING MARK OF A CULT??

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

WHAT IS THE IDENTIFYING MARK OF A CULT??

Post by branham1965 »

"Who do men say that I the Son of Man am??" Matthew 16:13

"Verily Verily ,I say unto you before Abraham was ,I AM." John 8:58

A false cult or a false religion is identified by what they do with THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

When a group worships the LORD JESUS CHRIST AS THE ALMIGHTY GOD.

If they confess Jesus Christ is GOD John 1:1

if they say JESUS is the LORD OF GLORY James 2:1

then they are CHRISTIAN.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: WHAT IS THE IDENTIFYING MARK OF A CULT??

Post by Ironman »

:angel: The Holy Spirit has revealed this to us billy.

Matthew 16:17. :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

I'd say the #1 doctrinal identifying mark of a cult is that they reject the Trinity (Mormons, Christian Science, JWs, etc).
There are also usually certain identifying marks in the way they relate to their members: control, manipulation, unreasonable demands, etc.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

titus213 wrote:I'd say the #1 doctrinal identifying mark of a cult is that they reject the Trinity (Mormons, Christian Science, JWs, etc).
There are also usually certain identifying marks in the way they relate to their members: control, manipulation, unreasonable demands, etc.
Yep there are a number of ways to identify cults and some not so easy things. Control, manipulation, and unreasonable demands should certainly send up alarms for us. People get caught up in all sorts of craziness these days. At times they appear as bad as some of the idol worshipers in Paul's time.

False teaching can be difficult to determine at times. Just because they worship Jesus as God or confess Jesus is God does not make them Christian by any means. Some of the most vile of humans have confessed Jesus is Lord. Many confess with the mouth, but do not believe in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead.

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Even unclean spirits confess with their mouth Jesus is Lord;

Matthew 8: 28-29, And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

v. 29, And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Mark 1: 23, And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,

v. 24, Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i think i must not have been clear enough.

I AM SAYING THAT CHURCHES THAT WORSHIP THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AS ALMIGHTY GOD.

THEY CAN BE CALLED CHRISTIAN.THE DEITY OF CHRIST IS THE PREEMINENT DOCTRINE.

DR.WALTER MARTIN THE FOUNDER OF CRI SAID THAT ON JOHN ANKERBERG.

as for the members of any Church they may not be committed to Christ.they may not have received Christ as Lord and Savior.

that goes for Coptic,Syrian,Arabic ,Catholic,Orthodox,Pentecostal ,Charismatic, Baptist ,Presbyterian ,Methodist and every other mainline Church have saved and unsaved members.

DO YOU GET WHAT I AM SAYING??????

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Hey Haz. :scatter:

That is not what im talking about.Demons believe in God and tremble. James 2:17.

i am talking about believers= human beings who acknowledge JESUS CHRIST AS GOD. THE SECOND PERSON OF THE BLESSED TRINITY.

that is my view.

Ironman wrote:Even unclean spirits confess with their mouth Jesus is Lord;

Matthew 8: 28-29, And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

v. 29, And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Mark 1: 23, And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,

v. 24, Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

not so.
many people in groups you don't like have confessed Jesus as Lord and believed from their hearts.
The primary test is WHOM DO MEN SAY JESUS IS.

luchnia wrote:
titus213 wrote:I'd say the #1 doctrinal identifying mark of a cult is that they reject the Trinity (Mormons, Christian Science, JWs, etc).
Yep there are a number of ways to identify cults and some not so easy things. Control, manipulation, and unreasonable demands should certainly send up alarms for us. People get caught up in all sorts of craziness these days. At times they appear as bad as some of the idol worshipers in Paul's time.

False teaching can be difficult to determine at times. Just because they worship Jesus as God or confess Jesus is God does not make them Christian by any means. Some of the most vile of humans have confessed Jesus is Lord. Many confess with the mouth, but do not believe in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

It is about the Deity of Christ.
for if you do not believe that I Am He you shall die in your sins.John 8:24.

yes i agree with your stuff.

control manipulation unreasonable demands and more goes on in Churches too. not just cults.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

You are correct there Billy, The A.O.G where I attended were scared of other Churches and their beliefs because they did not preach or teach the word of God in truth.