Dake Bible Discussion BoardReverend Dake how to overcome sin and bad habits

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Reverend Dake how to overcome sin and bad habits

Postby branham1965 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 pm

God's plan for man

page 32

REVEREND DAKE teaches us from the Word how to overcome sin and bad habits.
he says "if you have yielded to temptation immediately go to God for forgiveness and He will forgive and give power to overcome.2 Cor 5:17-18 1 John1:9."

he later says "God does not bear grudges .He forgives and helps every time we need Him."
"He is not ready to consign you to eternal hell the moment you do something wrong.
He is a kind loving Heavenly Father ready to forgive us when we cannot forgive ourselves."

"All complications with God's dealings with us are are on our part.
just be faithful to confess anything necessary ,resist temptation,and God will give you power to overcome."
" remember thoughts or feelings DO NOT constitute sin.No sin has been committed until sin has been "finished."James 1:13-16.Temptations are legitimate warnings

that you are being attacked by the devil,but do not consider temptations themselves as sin."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Reverend Dake how to overcome sin and bad habits

Postby branham1965 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:28 am

talking to myself here. +goofy

Reverend Dake was a great PASTOR as well as the Walking Bible . .He was a real Cowboy too.

He would have impressed John Wayne and Gary Cooper.He was a big man not fat.But big and powerful .

on you tube when he is giving lectures

his shoulders were massive.He was all man.and his hair thick..i'm a old barber so i always liked his hair.

and i remembered things like this in the supplements of GPFM.

i love the supplements.its the practical part.where the rubber meets the road.

frenchie
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Postby frenchie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:21 am

branham1965 wrote:God's plan for man

page 32

he says "if you have yielded to temptation immediately go to God for forgiveness and He will forgive and give power to overcome.2 Cor 5:17-18 1 John1:9."

he later says "God does not bear grudges .He forgives and helps every time we need Him."
"He is not ready to consign you to eternal hell the moment you do something wrong.
He is a kind loving Heavenly Father ready to forgive us when we cannot forgive ourselves."

just be faithful to confess anything necessary ,resist temptation,and God will give you power to overcome."
" remember thoughts or feelings DO NOT constitute sin.No sin has been committed until sin has been "finished."James 1:13-16.Temptations are legitimate warnings

that you are being attacked by the devil,but do not consider temptations themselves as sin."

:smilecolros: :angel: :shock: :smilecolros:

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:16 pm

branham1965 wrote:and i remembered things like this in the supplements of GPFM.

i love the supplements.its the practical part.where the rubber meets the road.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm

I think some people ..... want to forget that Reverend Dake said things like this too.These comments are in GPFM as well.

+jesussign

Not a single "sinless perfectionist" commented on this. +pieface

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue May 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Nope. Just us Ultr-Gracers, Billy! :angel: +wink

branham1965 wrote:I think some people ..... want to forget that Reverend Dake said things like this too.These comments are in GPFM as well.

+jesussign

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:57 pm

AMEN my friend. :turn-l:

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Nope. Just us Ultr-Gracers, Billy! :angel: +wink

branham1965 wrote:I think some people ..... want to forget that Reverend Dake said things like this too.These comments are in GPFM as well.

+jesussign

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue May 09, 2017 9:17 pm

page 32

:angel: :angel:

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 pm

page 32

Sounds good to me!

The Ultra-grace people say you are forgiven and saved whether you confess and forsake it or not. - To them it does not matter if you are still sinning are living like the Devil. Once you have been born again according to them - there is nothing you could ever do to get out of going to Heaven - no matter how hard you try!

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Your part is to confess and forsake sin. Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 32.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:20 am

I do not understand how the ultra grace people can say people do not need to confess and forsake sin.

And i agree with what you said here Reverend Bible.We really need the old time religion.

bibleman wrote:

page 32

Sounds good to me!

The Ultra-grace people say you are forgiven and saved whether you confess and forsake it or not. - To them it does not matter if you are still sinning are living like the Devil. Once you have been born again according to them - there is nothing you could ever do to get out of going to Heaven - no matter how hard you try!

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Your part is to confess and forsake sin. Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 32.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”