Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Ironman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:38 am

branham1965 wrote:I put it on here as a bit of a joke 2/23/2017 when NBA basketball player Kyrie Irving came out saying that.then another NBA player said he drove cross country and the earth was flat.

I'm with you Haz all the way. :angel: :angel:

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Earth is the dry land, as the Bible says...

Genesis 1:10 King James Version
      And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

How much of your dry land earth is actually dry land? The oceans cover 71 percent of the Earth's surface and contain 97 percent of the Earth's water.

The Earth is actually a "PLANET" which is called Earth. Its not dry land where I live, its surrounded by sea and when it rains it often time floods the place out. How dry is the earth in south east Texas at the moment?

How much of your dry land earth is actually dry land? The oceans cover 71 percent of the Earth's surface and contain 97 percent of the Earth's water.

The word Earth is actually mentioned 987 times in the Bible while the word dry land dry land is only mentioned 52 times.

Ill go with the global planet earth thank you.

Thanks Billy. :angel:

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 pm

branham1965 wrote:I put it on here as a bit of a joke 2/23/2017 when NBA basketball player Kyrie Irving came out saying that.then another NBA player said he drove cross country and the earth was flat.

It has been an interesting discussion, for sure.

Before looking into it, I never would have guessed how weak and lacking the evidence is that the evidence that the Bible teaches that Earth is a globe-shaped, spinning planet that speeds in a circular orbit around a star called the Sun that speeds around the center of the galaxy that is also speeding somewhere. Let alone that the science supporting such an idea is so weak and lacking, as well.

Thank you for starting this thread, Billy. Much appreciated! :mrgreen:

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm leaning toward the Bible showing that the "ROUND" earth is stationary and the sun, moon, stars and galaxies rotate around it.

Joshua 10:12-13

Then spoke Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Aijalon." And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stayed in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.

Habakkuk 3:11

The sun and moon stood still in their habitation at the light of thine arrows as they sped, at the flash of thy glittering spear.

Psalms 19:4-6

yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tent for the sun, which comes forth like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and like a strong man runs his course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them; and there is nothing hid from its heat.

Ecclesiastes 1:5

The sun rises and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises.

1 Chronicles 16:30

Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Psalm 104

Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth.
10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills.
11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.
12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.
13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works.
14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;
15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.
16 The trees of the Lord are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;
17 Where the birds make their nests: as for the stork, the fir trees are her house.
18 The high hills are a refuge for the wild goats; and the rocks for the conies.
19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.
20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.
21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.
22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.
23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.
24 O Lord, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
25 So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
26 There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.
28 That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.
29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.
31 The glory of the Lord shall endure for ever: the Lord shall rejoice in his works.
32 He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke.
33 I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord.
35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the Lord, O my soul. Praise ye the Lord.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Ironman wrote:I'm leaning toward the Bible showing that the "ROUND" earth is stationary and the sun, moon, stars and galaxies rotate around it.

I take it that you don't really believe in gravity, then, right?

Assuming gravity is true, gravity demands Earth revolve around the sun, if the earth is spherical and the sun is as big as scientists say.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:I'm leaning toward the Bible showing that the "ROUND" earth is stationary and the sun, moon, stars and galaxies rotate around it.

Assuming gravity is true, gravity demands Earth revolve around the sun, if the earth is spherical and the sun is as big as scientists say.

Wrong, I do believe in gravity.

The Earth must be stationary according to Scripture because it did not stand still when Joshua spoke to the Lord, it was the sun and the moon that stood still, or don't you believe God's Word?

Joshua 10:12-13, Then spoke Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Aijalon."

v. 13, And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stayed in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm

What do you make of these Sixty-Seven Scriptural References which tell us that it Is the Sun and not the Earth that moves

Genesis 15:12...... "...and when the sun was going down..."

15:17..... "...when the sun went down..."

19:23..... "The sun was risen upon the earth."

28:11..... "...because the sun was set...."

32:31..... "...the sun rose...."

Exodus 17:12..... "...until the going down of the sun...."

22:3...... "...if the sun be risen upon him...."

22:26.... "...the sun goeth down...."

Leviticus 22:7...... "...And when the sun is down...."

Numbers 2:3........ "...toward the rising of the sun...."

Deuteronomy 11:30..... "...the way where the sun goeth down...."

16:6....... "...at the going down of the sun...."

23:11..... "...when the sun is down...."

24:13..... "...when the sun goeth down...."

24:15..... "...neither shall the sun go down...."

Joshua 1:4..... "...the going down of the sun...."

8:29... "...as soon as the sun was down...."

10:12.. "...Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon...."

10:13.. "...and the sun stood still...."

10:27.. "...the time of the going down of the sun...."

12:1.... "...toward the rising of the sun...."

Judges 5:31.... "...as the sun when he goeth down...."

8:13.... "...before the sun was up...."

9:33.... "...as soon as the sun is up...."

14:18.... "...before the sun went down...."

19:14.... "...and the sun went down...."

II Samuel 2:24.... "...the sun went down...."

3:35.... "...till the sun be down...."

23:4..... "...when the sun riseth...."

I Kings 22:36.... "...the going down of the sun...."

I Chronicles 16:30.... "...the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved...."

II Chronicles 18:34.... "...time of the sun going down...."

Job 9:7.... "...commandeth the sun and it riseth not...."

Job 26:7.... "...He hangeth the earth upon nothing...."

Psalm 19:4.... "...tabernacle for the sun...."

19:5 ... "...cometh out to run...."

19:6.... "...goes forth in a circle from one end of heaven to the other...."

50:1.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

93:1.... "...the world also is stablished that it cannot be moved...."

104:19.. "...the sun knoweth his going down...."

104:22.. "...the sun ariseth...."

113:3.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

Ecclesiastes 1:5.... "...The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down and hasteth to the place where he arose...."

Isaiah 13:10.... "...sun shall be darkened in his going...."

38:8...... "...is gone down on the sundial of Ahaz...."

38:8...... "...so the sun returned...."

41:25.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

45:6...... "...from the rising of the sun...."

59:19.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

60:20.... "...the sun shall no more go down...."

Jeremiah 15:9.... "...her sun is gone down while it was yet day...."

Daniel 6:14.... "...going down of the sun...."

Amos 8:9.... "...cause the sun to go down at noon...."

Jonah 4:8.... "...when the sun did arise...."

Micah 3:6.... "...and the sun shall go down...."

Nahum 3:17.... "...when the sun ariseth...."

Habakkuk 3:11.... "...the sun and moon stood still in their habitation...."

Malachi 1:11.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

Matthew 5:45.... "...for He maketh His sun to rise...."

13:6..... "...and when the sun was up...."

Mark 1:32.... "...when the sun did set...."

4:6...... "...when the sun was up...."

16:2...... "...at the rising of the sun...."

Luke 4:40.... "...when the sun was setting...."

Ephesians 4:26.... "...let not the sun go down upon your wrath...."

James 1:11.... "...for the sun is no sooner risen...."

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Isiah 38: 7, And this shall be a sign unto thee from the LORD, that the LORD will do this thing that he hath spoken;

v. 8, Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 pm

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:

Wrong, I do believe in gravity.

The Earth must be stationary according to Scripture because it did not stand still when Joshua spoke to the Lord, it was the sun and the moon that stood still, or don't you believe God's Word?

Of course I side with God's Word, Haz. It's clear from Scripture that the sun moves, not the earth.

Therefore, gravity is a hoax. Or, the sun either isn't as massive as scientists say. Even Dr. Hubble (of Hubble Telescope fame) admitted that it wasn't possible to prove that the earth moved. So, he admitted that scientists simply rejected the idea because the conclusions drawn from the idea of a stationary Earth were unwelcome (in other words, they didn't want to believe the Bible).

Gravity is a function of mass. If the sun is more massive than the earth, then according to gravity, it must be the earth that revolves around the sun. Not the other way around. So, there must be another explanation other than gravity.

I just see no scriptural evidence for a spherical Earth.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 pm

"I just see no scriptural evidence for a spherical Earth."

Have you lost your sight, or your ability to read ? :lol!:

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:14 pm

"I just see no scriptural evidence for a spherical Earth."

I see nothing in the Bible which says the Earth is flat. The word "flat," is mentioned four times in Scripture and each time it has nothing to do with the Earth?

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”