Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT ARE BEST BIBLE STUDY METHODS???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
josh6780

Re: WHAT ARE BEST BIBLE STUDY METHODS???

Post by josh6780 »

Anytime you stay in the realm of reason you will always lose. Jesus never debated Satan for he probably knows the bible better than anyone ever could. Jesus never debated all he said was "it is written".

The bible is like any other book with stories and proverbs unless Satan is not blinding the eyes of the person they will never truly see.

quintinblaylock
1 Samuel

Re: WHAT ARE BEST BIBLE STUDY METHODS???

Post by quintinblaylock »

luchnia wrote:
josh6780 wrote:I was never interested in the bible until I opened a Dake's. I smoked some weed and started reading. From the first chapter of Genesis I got into rabbit trails that lasted for WEEKS. For the first time in my life I was understanding things.

Then eventually I started realizing that I should not be getting high.

As I have grown I now just use Dake, Rick Renner, Keith Moore, Kenneth Hagin. I really don't study with anyone else.

I am trying to use Dakes a lit less now and learn to use Holy Spirit to show me things without distraction of any commentary.

Rick Renner is supposed to be coming out with a bible but I think it got put on hold. Renner has shown me things Dake, Kenneth or Keith never have. If nobody has is sparkling gem books or no room for compromise books I highly recommend. Learning the greek way of the NT changes everything. Dake showed me first Renner takes it to a whole knew level.
I don't really have a study philosophy per se. Reading the bible through many times is an interesting concept

As far as Renner, I have read numerous Rick Renner's books in the past, but then again I have read around several hundred biblical authors in my Christian walk of over 40 years. I have pretty much seen every angle and bias written from men.

One can grow weary over much study. If one truly wants God's word in the heart, then speak it out of the mouth and receive it into the ear and paint the image and character of God within you by living His Word of right doing.
Thats exactly it....every commentary is bias and study bibles too....even the Thompson Chain is Thompsons slant on things. The Word stands on its own with confirmation of the Holy Ghost. Just my two cents. Thanks for sharing