Dake Bible Discussion BoardMaladies from the evil one

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Maladies from the evil one

Post by luchnia »

Going with the view that ALL maladies come from the evil one and posing some thoughts. In our day and time we have folks with all sorts of ailments and live with them daily. Hospitals are full of sickly. If we say lack of faith or unbelief, we are persecuted on every turn.

Don't we fail in signs and wonders following as the sign of a saint? Isn't that a true measure of a child of God? How can we claim to be His and not have exactly what He has said we must have? To me God's Word of provision is for all things, finances, health, and spiritual life.

Word up!

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Maladies from the evil one

Post by macca »

Job did not have the New Testament.
He did not have the Greater One in him.
He did not have the anointing that teaches us all things ( that pertain to God and all godleness)
Any that calls themselves a Christian and quotes Job to prove their lack of faith in God and His word, needs to get saved.

macca

Post by macca »

During the Old Testament period only the King, Priest and the Prophet were anointed by God to stand in those positions.
They had the Holy Spirit on them, not in them.
Jesus said.
John.14:16-17; And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither do they know Him:
but you know Him; for He dwells WITH you, and shall be IN you.

That's the reason Jesus said He had to go away, so that God could come to be inside His children, not just with His children.
On the day of Pentecost the world of men changed and they became NEW CREATURES in Christ Jesus, ones that had never existed before.

That's the reason Jesus said : Truly, Truly, I say to you, he that believes on Me, the works that I do shall he do also;
and GREATER works than these shall he do; because I go to my Father.

Only Christians, followers of Jesus Christ have the Spirit of God in them, not on them, not around them, but IN THEM.
For greater is He that is IN you than he that is in the world.

macca

Yellowhead
2 Samuel

Post by Yellowhead »

Hi Macca,
we stomped this dead dog several weeks ago when the post came to us saying that Old Testament saints were "born again".
I based my point on the same fact you brought up, in that Kings, Priest and Prophets did not have the Holy Spirit IN them but it came "TO them", "IN their ear", "came UPON them", etc
That is the whole definition of "being born again" in that now we as believers and have accepted Christ are now born again (our Spirit which was once dead is now alive)
and have the Holy Spirit within us (in our Spirit) and now communicate with GOD directly.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

REVEREND DAKE ALWAYS GIVES AT LEAST THREE VERSES TO CONFIRM GOD'S TRUTH.

HE TAUGHT A REAL BORN AGAIN EXPERIENCE IN BOTH TESTAMENTS AND THE INFILLING OF THE HOLY GHOST WITH BOOK,CHAPTER AND VERSE.AND THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY GHOST ....THEN AND NOW.

+IsraelFlag +IsraelFlag +IsraelFlag

macca

Post by macca »

At no time in the old dispensation were, was, anyone a new creature in Christ Jesus.
At no time did they go to heaven at death as they were not born again of the Spirit of God, their spirit needed a change
of character, substance and being to be fit to enter the throne of God.
That was not available until Jesus went into hell and released the captives.
Paul's revelation was totally new and so different from the old Testament revelation.
macca

Yellowhead
2 Samuel

Post by Yellowhead »

Spirit Blade:
It is no doubt that individuals during those dispensation were able to hear from GOD, some face to face, some by other outside means, but the whole meaning of being born again occurs only during the dispensation of Grace.
First, being "born again" is only spoke of in the New Testament, second, the whole meaning of being born again happens when a person accepts Christ as their personal Lord and Savior .
At that time the Spirit of man is opened and then has the ability of communicating with GOD man to man; Spirit to Spirit.
I am a dedicated believer of Dakes notes and Plan for Man and have learned so much from what GOD has revealed to him,
but does that mean that once Rev Dake passed to glory that GOD could not reveal a deeper meaning of some scriptures than he had at that time?
May I ask you, what is the phrase "born again" actually speaking of.
As the bible teaches GOD spoke with no man from Adam to Moses
I think both of us actually understand the GOD spoke with man all though the ages but our definition of "being born again is different"
As you know some of Rev Dakes works have been revised and changed from the way it was formally written.

macca

Post by macca »

so? whats your point Billy?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

There are alot of sick suffering people in the world.little children dying of cancer all over.

go to Saint Jude's Children Hospital and look at those dear children dying of cancer.

people in hospitals are not sick because of unbelief or any of that kind of thing.they are SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!have you ever had loved ones who were very ill.i have.

luchnia wrote:Going with the view that ALL maladies come from the evil one and posing some thoughts. In our day and time we have folks with all sorts of ailments and live with them daily. Hospitals are full of sickly. If we say lack of faith or unbelief, we are persecuted on every turn.

Don't we fail in signs and wonders following as the sign of a saint? Isn't that a true measure of a child of God? How can we claim to be His and not have exactly what He has said we must have? To me God's Word of provision is for all things, finances, health, and spiritual life.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:There are alot of sick suffering people in the world.little children dying of cancer all over.

go to Saint Jude's Children Hospital and look at those dear children dying of cancer.

people in hospitals are not sick because of unbelief or any of that kind of thing.they are SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!have you ever had loved ones who were very ill.i have.

I agree there are a lot of sick suffering people in the world bound by sicknesses from the evil one - especially the little children. The statement that people in hospitals are not sick because of unbelief can be argued in many cases. Obviously there are questionable situations that we find everyday. I find that we can believe for many things and then we can doubt many things and that hinders us from many of God's provisions. For the most part folks simply does not know God says about a matter.

It seems possible that a person can have belief and unbelief as in the example of Jesus dealing with the man that said, "I do believe, help my unbelief" in Mark 9:24. That may have been double speak, but nonetheless, it was an issue for the man. Jesus made an interesting statement, saying "All things are possible to him that believes." There are some fascinating facts of God's word concerning the believer.

My opinion is that many know God's word can work, yet they just doubt that it will come to past spoken from their mouths. Many sit back and wait for God to do what He has already promised them power and authority to do. I also think this is a lack of obedience. We should obey His Word and be not concerned with the outcome. His Word will produce as long as it is not nullified. When you start believing what you say aligned with God's word will move heaven and earth, things change.

luchnia wrote:Going with the view that ALL maladies come from the evil one and posing some thoughts. In our day and time we have folks with all sorts of ailments and live with them daily. Hospitals are full of sickly. If we say lack of faith or unbelief, we are persecuted on every turn.

Word up!