Dake Bible Discussion BoardMaladies from the evil one

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Maladies from the evil one

Post by Ironman »

God spoke to Moses face to face as a man speaks to his friend.

Exodus 33:11
"And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle."

Every living thing has a soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows. Animals have both feelings and knowledge although somewhat limited and on a much lower scale than that of man. Animals were not created in the likeness of God as men are. They are a lower type of life and they have souls and spirits in the sense of feelings, emotions, appetites, desires, passions, and a low form of knowledge, as can be seen in may Scriptures. If there are horses in Heaven as the Scriptures teach then there must be all kinds of animals there for Heaven is called a better place, and therefore it is sure to be as good as the Earth (Hebrews 11:10-16).

Scriptures teach that there is a difference between the natural spirit of man and the spirit of beasts (Eccl. 3:21); that there is a difference between "breath" and "spirit" (Job 34:15; Ps. 19:7; Luke 12:19; 1 Cor. 5:5; 2 Cor. 7:1) ; and that each creature has a separate spirit which is not a part of God (Num. 16:22; 27:17; Eccl. 3:21 ; Ezek. 21:7; Dan. 2:1-3; Mal. 2:15-16; Prov. 16:2; 1 Cor. 2:10-12; 14:32; Heb. 12:9, 23; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Eccl. 3:21 states this; "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?"
Dake: God Plan for Man .

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Yellowhead
2 Samuel

Post by Yellowhead »

Maladies from the evil one;
You just said what I said, but you are somewhat in error in how the Spirit, Soul and Body operate.
The Body is of course the body we live in and is carnal. It has to do with everything that we feel, taste, smell, hear and touch with the physical body.
The Soul and Spirit is the spiritual part of man.
The Soul consist of the Will, Emotions, Mind, Intellect, and intuition, in other words The Natural man.
The Soul makes all decisions between either living by the physical Carnal man or living by as the Spirit of GOD leads.
The Spirit of man is the avenue reserved only to GOD so he can speak and lead man in the ways of GOD.
The Spirit consist of Worship, Communion, Agape Love, and GOD Conscience, etc.

The Body Dies and is buried in the ground.
The Soul goes to heaven if saved and was judged by the actions he lived by on the earth.
The Spirit returns to its maker, GOD, because it is no longer needed.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 state that at death the Spirit returns to it's maker. The reason being that GOD no longer needs the Spirit because the Soul communicates with GOD face to face.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

In the final end only the Body and the Soul will be reunited to live for eternity.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Yellowhead wrote;
"You just said what I said, but you are somewhat in error in how the Spirit, Soul and Body operate."

I never said it, Finis Jennings Dake said it, its written in the Bible, and there's no error in God's Word.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

John. 7:37; on the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, if anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.
He who believes in Me, as the scripture has said, out of his spirit will flow rivers of living water.
But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John the Baptist was anointed by God as a Prophet under the Old Testament. He was not baptised in the Holy Spirit or born again.

Yellowhead
2 Samuel

Post by Yellowhead »

Maladies from the evil one
When I read your last post I was just about to write, yes some had special dispensations of the Holy Spirit from GOD before Calvary but it was very rare.

Yellowhead
2 Samuel

Post by Yellowhead »

No, the New Birth is at salvation, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a separate happening.

Yellowhead
2 Samuel

Post by Yellowhead »

Sorry, about your name. I don't know you guys by name.