Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhen did Joseph die?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

When did Joseph die?

Post by Ironman »

John 19: 25, Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas,2 and Mary Magdalene.

V. 26, When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Christ was concerned about the welfare of His mother in His dying hour. Joseph was now dead. When did Joseph die?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: When did Joseph die?

Post by branham1965 »

I don't have a clue.He seems conspicuously absent in the grown years of the Lord Jesus.

I what Reverend Dake :angel: says on it.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:I don't have a clue.He seems conspicuously absent in the grown years of the Lord Jesus.

I what Reverend Dake :angel: says on it.
Me either billy. I was doing some study and came across where Jesus was telling His mother "woman behold thy son," I have read this many times but last night I thought where was Joseph, her husband? He must be out of the picture for Jesus to do that. Do we know who the disciple was also?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

none of them believed that Jesus was who He said He was.
His mother loved Him as a mother loves her son, His family thought He was a nut after He cleared the temple and followed with Him no more.
Mark. 3;20-21; 31-35; check out Dake's notes on these verses, with Luke. 8:19-21; note "D"
macca
+hammer

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:none of them believed that Jesus was who He said He was.
His mother loved Him as a mother loves her son, His family thought He was a nut after He cleared the temple and followed with Him no more.
Mark. 3;20-21; 31-35; check out Dake's notes on these verses, with Luke. 8:19-21; note "D"
macca
+hammer
Thanks macca. :angel:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Yes thank you macca.

:angel:

Ironman wrote:
macca wrote:none of them believed that Jesus was who He said He was.
macca
+hammer
Thanks macca. :angel:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

it is nicely expounded on by Reverend Dake in Luke 8:19 note = brethren.

+jesussign

DeafManHealing
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by DeafManHealing »

I've wondered that myself too about Joseph. He was certainly a wise man taking good care of Mary. :angel:

I will have to study this tommorrow morning upon waking up. :|

royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Post by royplumber »

Hi everyone
jesus natural dad may of died because of stress fear and worry which opens doors for sickness what he went through was enough to kill anyone who's not walking in the spirit how to be a doer or the word please help us all......

John was the dearest disciple who jesus was closest too (john lay on jesus chest)
John also lived long old life which is a promise in psalm 90
and the book of revelation was given to him Wow
so there is a lesson in this for us all i think very good question
hope this will help