Dake Bible Discussion BoardOFFENDING OTHER BELIEVERS.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: OFFENDING OTHER BELIEVERS.

Post by Ironman »

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

:angel:

"Don’t you know what Elijah says in the Scripture passage when he complains to God about Israel? He says, “Lord, they’ve killed your prophets and torn down your altars. I’m the only one left, and they’re trying to take my life.” But what was God’s reply? God said, “I’ve kept 7,000 people for myself who have not knelt to worship Baal.” So, as there were then, there are now a few left that God has chosen by his grace" (Romans 11:2-5)

As this article Ironman posted points out in its quotes, Halley's Bible Handbook actually does a pretty fair job of explaining some of the history of the Church. God's method of preserving his truth has always been by means of a faithful remnant within the larger, unfaithful mainstream. This was true in Old Testament times, in the ministry of Jesus, in the days of Paul, and right on through history to the present.
So as this article points out, even as the main flow of the "organized" religious movement that called itself the Church grew into a political machine that finally split in two (Eastern and Western), it persecuted those who were part of the remnant of true believers. But it's due to the remnant within, not the Church itself, that genuine Christianity survived.

In fairness, this is not just a problem within Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy. Protestantism as a movement has also defected from the truth of the Bible -- it did so pretty quickly, actually, within a decade of Martin Luther and the other Reformers. God has always launched fresh moves of the Holy Spirit to keep the truth alive among a remnant, even within Protestantism.

It's interesting that one of the marks of turning away from God's Word has always been antisemitism. That was true of the Roman and Greek branches of the Church. It was true of Protestants at the time of the Reformation (no one was more vocal and insulting toward the Jews than Luther), and it's still true to this day.

Ironman wrote:Have a read of this.

http://ramsheadpress.com/messiah/ch10.html

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

You know ilove you too mate. you are very well read on these things.as is the Preacher Titus213.when i see it put this way its alarming.i went to Catholic school 10 years and never once heard it.we went to mass every Sunday and i never heard it.

what i meant about the handbook was as Titus213 says there were fights between the Crusaders and the Muslims.and if i remember i cannot find my handbook...there was a fight in Europe.a man named Martel?? and his troops stopped the Muslims.Halley said the importance of this battle was immense.

that is my point.men died in those battles to stop Islam.
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:IT ...INCENSES ME THAT WITHOUT THE CATHOLIC AND ORTHODOX CHURCHES

THERE WOULD BE NO CHRISTIANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE HALLEY'S BIBLE HANDBOOK.

IT IS UTTER IGNORANCE AND BIGOTRY TO SAY OTHERWISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not true billy, sorry to have to disagree with you mate, forget HALLEY'S BIBLE HANDBOOK, deal only with GODS BIBLE HANDBOOK! Nimrod the first great apostate started what is now the Catholic church, no doubt about it.
The New Testament Church is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive today. This present church is the ekklesia of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.

The church in its largest signification, is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3: 1-11, Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universal family of God. It is the body of Christ and it does not consist of saved and unsaved. And no man, no Pope, no human being, not even an angel of God is its head or commander in chief.

Jesus Christ is the Head of His Church and He sits at His Fathers right hand. No one else alive on Earth now is head of Christs church. Popes are evil idol worshiping MARY worshiping followers of the devil and propagators of his religion which goes against everything God and Christ are. He is the enemy of true followers of Christ.

Here's all we need do to be saved mate!

And when we begin to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and in Him who sent Him we automatic'ly see who and what we are and we are sorry, we repent, we get out of the sin business, we repent because of all we have done to have caused Jesus to suffer like He did in our place!

Love you in Jesus, mate!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

deleted, double post.
Last edited by Ironman on Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

ANOTHER PAGAN TRADITION. Jesus never wore a ring and neither did Peter.

Kissing the Ring of the Fisherman (in Italian, the pescatorio) is a centuries-old Roman Catholic tradition. Each newly elected Pope is given a gold ring with his name in raised lettering and the image of St. Peter in a fishing boat. The title Pope (Latin: papa; from Greek: πάππας pappas, a child's word for father) is an informal name for the bishop of Rome, the first of whom was believed to be the apostle Peter, who was known as one of the “fishers of men” (Mark 1:16-17). Originally the ring was used to seal documents, historically called papal briefs. However, this custom ended in 1842 when the wax seal was replaced by a stamp. Today, Roman Catholics pay respect to the reigning Pope by kneeling before him and kissing his ring.
Pope worship is rampant in the RCC and is an insult to God and Jesus Christ.
Popes should not allow followers to bow down before them or worship them? If they were serious they would be subservient.

Jesus says; Matthew 20:27, And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

Matthew 23:11, But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Peter, who the Catholic Church believes was the first Pope never ever let anyone bow down to or worship him, and he was a far greater man than any Pope.

In Acts 10, Peter is met by Cornelius who fell down and worshiped Peter and Peter told him to get up. I am a man just like you. Here is Peter the apostle of Jesus telling Cornelius not to bow down, fall down or worship him in any way.

Acts 10:25, And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

V 26, But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

Nothing has changed since then, people should not worship any men especially not the Pope?

Even angels refuse to be bowed down to or worshiped by men!

In Revelation 22: 8 John fell down before the feet of an angel and worshiped him and the angel told him not to do this for he was his fellow servant. We must not worship anyone but God!

Revelation 22: 8, And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

V 9, Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.