Dake Bible Discussion BoardDevils Advocate at it again.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Devils Advocate at it again.

Post by Ironman »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/pope- ... ty-n523016

VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis on Sunday called for the worldwide abolition of the death penalty, saying the commandment "You shall not kill" was absolute and equally valid for the guilty as for the innocent.

Using some of his strongest words ever against capital punishment, he also called on Catholic politicians worldwide to make "a courageous and exemplary gesture" by seeking a moratorium on executions during the Church's current Holy Year, which ends in November.

"I appeal to the consciences of those who govern to reach an international consensus to abolish the death penalty," he told tens of thousands of people in St. Peter's Square.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: Devils Advocate at it again.

Post by titus213 »

By his statement the pope shows his ignorance of Hebrew as well as both traditional Judaism and Christianity. Dake's comments on this (Exodus 20.13) are exactly right.
Even the recent Jewish Study Bible (and many Jews oppose the death penalty) admits: "You shall not murder: The Hebrew refers to illicit killing. The King James Version’s “thou shalt not kill” is too broad; it implies that even capital punishment and war are prohibited, whereas the Torah sometimes mandates these."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

That is very odd.

I would assume he knew the Bible very well. its strange indeed. +CrazyEyes

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:That is very odd.

I would assume he knew the Bible very well. its strange indeed. +CrazyEyes
The Pope doesn't know the Bible billy, none of them do, and if they did they ignore it and teach the laws of Satan, in other words, let murder's live, so they can go out and do it again and again. One murderer here in Newcastle will again be sentenced for murder. He killed two men before, one in 1977, was let out on parole, killed again a year of so later, was let out on parole a couple of years ago and has killed again. The Judge withheld these two previous murders from the jury so they would not be influenced by his previous crimes. Their verdict, MURDER in the first degree.

Here's what the bible says about murders and the death penalty, Dake plan for man book.

Many followers of Jesus Christ ask themselves, Is the Death penalty lawful in this age? Do men have the right to change some Law's of God? And, Does God condone the Death Penalty.

If we are believers in the Bible, then we must believe that God instituted the death penalty. Here's why.

When God instituted human government by law after Noah's flood, He gave Noah certain laws by which to govern the human race, and man was then held responsible for self-government (Read Gen. 9:1-7).

There are six very important laws which God gave Noah and his decendants. These Laws were:

(1) "Be fruitful and multply, and replenish the earth" (Gen. 9:1, 7).

(2) "Into thine hand are they [animals] delivered" (Gen. 9:2).

(3) "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have i given you all things" (Gen. 9:4).

(4) "The blood thereof shall ye not eat" (Gen. 9:4).

(5) "WHOSOEVER SHEDDETH MAN'S BLOOD, BY MAN SHALL HIS BLOOD BY SHED: for in the image of God made he him" (Gen. 9:5-6).

And last but not least;

(6) "I have established my covenant with you . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . FOR PERPETUAL GENERATIONS . . . the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the "EVERLASTING COVENANT" between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth" (Gen. 9:8-17).

These few laws have been the basis of all laws of God and man in every age since the flood of Noah.

It was at this time God constituted capital punishment, and God has never revoked this particular law, "Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, BY MAN shall HIS BLOOD BE SHED (Gen. 9:5-6)." This law will continue as an eternal law, and as is revealed in (Isiah 11:4-9; 65:20-25) it will be in force even during the Millennium.

That this law will be in force during the Millennium is plainly reaffirmed in (Rom. 13:1-6), in which the apostle Paul taught that even in this age of grace, law-enforcement officers are ordained of God, and that they are His ministers to bear "not the sword in vain" but that they are supposed to "execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."

It is totally necessary for human governments to punish criminals according to the crimes committed. Human governments are part of the moral government of God. That God has instituted human governments to help Him secure this end is not only clear in Gen. 9 and Rom. 13, but also in many other passages (Dan. 2:21; 4:17-25; 5:21; 1 Pet. 2:13-14).

All administrators of human government, when they rule contrary to the law of God will be punished in due time by God for mismanagement of their authority. God never sanctions selfish and wicked administration of authority, and if such continues long it will be overthrown. Men are under obligation to obey human government when, and as long as the requirements are not inconsistent with the moral law's of God.

Christians must always obey "every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the King, as supreem; or unto govenors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evil doers, and for the praise of them that do well. For such is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men" (1 Pet. 2:13-17).

Many Christians argue that it is sinful to partake in politics, that it is contrary to the Bible because human government is maintained by force, and that force is contrary with the spirit of the gospel. These are false theories. Human government was instituted by God as shown above, and Christians are commanded in the New Testament to pay taxes and otherwise support government (Read Rom. 13:1-7; 1 Pet. 2:13-17).

Some argue the commandment, "Thou shalt not kill" (Deut 5:17), prevents government from administering capital punishment. The commandment "Thou shalt not kill" means exactly what it says, that men shall not kill any other human being; but, if a man sheds another mans blood, in other words, if a man ignores Deut 5:17, and commits murder, then the everlasting covenant law, "whosoever sheds man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed," comes into being.

This same principle applies to mobs, insurrections, rebellions, and all wars that endanger the best good of being and of the universe. It is the right of government and all of its subjects, to use every possible means to suppress all rebellion and wars, which are merely crime turned loose on a massive scale. That war is necessary under certain circumstances is clear from the fact that moral law permits it and God has commanded it. Earthly governments are God's ministers to execute law upon the ungodly and to preserve moral law and government for the good of all, and they are under obligation to make war, if this is the only way to preserve the best public good for all. We know that elfish and unjust war is wholesale murder and the administrators of such wars will be punished by God in due time.

God, in replenishing the human race after the flood of Noah instituted human government and capital punishment for serious crime involving murder. He has never changed this "everlasting covenant" and so, this is still God's will for men and human governments.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

I concur, 100%, Ironman...

This Pope is not a Christian. Period. Forerunner of the False Prophet, or the actual False Prophet, would be my guess... This creature is Satan's Spawn, and your friends that are Roman Catholic, should hear The Word of the Lord, in order to save their souls, and to remove them from peril...

Maranatha

Watchman2013, aka Carter Leffen

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Anyone that states that Christians and Moslems are brothers and sisters is of the devil..... :-|

macca

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Anyone that states that Christians and Moslems are brothers and sisters is of the devil..... :-|

macca
:angel: :angel:

What do you think macca, would God be pleased with this> Good Catholic people who are duped into believing they are doing good and pleasing God, just like I used to do, kneeling before and praying to the Pope? Peter and even angels refuse to be bowed down to or worshiped.

Or This, worshiping Mary, even the Popes do this.

And seeing this going on makes me sad! Worshiping or praying to the dead? Catholics say they don't do this but here's a cardinal getting a skull out of the tabernacle, carrying to the altar and kneeling down before it and praying.