Dake Bible Discussion BoardJUDGE NOT

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

JUDGE NOT

Post by branham1965 »

THESE WORDS OF THE LORD JESUS

cause various reactions among Christians.

some cast them aside.

JESUS SAID WHAT MEASURE YOU METE ...YOU ARE GETTING IT RIGHT BACK... +pieface +pieface +pieface

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: JUDGE NOT

Post by luchnia »

So we won't judge angels?

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

SIGHS. :morning: :morning: :morning: :morning: :morning:

YOU COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT I WAS MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE MUST JUDGE THEMSELVES 1 COR 11:31 AND AS JESUS SAID IN THE HOLY GOSPELS AS YOU AND I JUDGE WE WILL BE JUDGED...AS WE MEASURE AND METE OUT WE WILL GET IT BACK IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luchnia wrote:So we won't judge angels?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:SIGHS.

YOU COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT I WAS MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE MUST JUDGE THEMSELVES 1 COR 11:31 AND AS JESUS SAID IN THE HOLY GOSPELS AS YOU AND I JUDGE WE WILL BE JUDGED...AS WE MEASURE AND METE OUT WE WILL GET IT BACK IN RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angel: 1 Corinthians 6:3, "Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"

Greek, "krino," means to judge; make legal decision. It does not refer to passing sentence on angels, or sending them to punishment. It means that saints will be exalted higher than angels and will rule them, making decisions for administration of the universe. Saints, not angels become heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ Jesus to inherit all things (Romans 8:17-18; Galatians 5:21; Hebrews 6:12; Revelation 21:7).
Even now saints are being examples to angels (Ephesians 3:8-11; 1 Corinthians 4:9; 11:10). Angels are eager to learn about the plan of God for the redeemed (1 Peter 1:10-13).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:THESE WORDS OF THE LORD JESUS

cause various reactions among Christians.

some cast them aside.

JESUS SAID WHAT MEASURE YOU METE ...YOU ARE GETTING IT RIGHT BACK... +pieface +pieface +pieface
Good stuff - isn't your point that the words of Jesus cause various reactions among Christians and that some cast them aside? I agree with you that some cast them aside and you will be measured by the measure you dish out. If you judge, judge righteous judgment correct? I don't see any problems - I think we are on the same page. :mrgreen:

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:SIGHS.

:angel: 1 Corinthians 6:3, "Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"

Greek, "krino," means to judge; make legal decision. It does not refer to passing sentence on angels, or sending them to punishment. It means that saints will be exalted higher than angels and will rule them, making decisions for administration of the universe. Saints, not angels become heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ Jesus to inherit all things (Romans 8:17-18; Galatians 5:21; Hebrews 6:12; Revelation 21:7).
Even now saints are being examples to angels (Ephesians 3:8-11; 1 Corinthians 4:9; 11:10). Angels are eager to learn about the plan of God for the redeemed (1 Peter 1:10-13).
:angel: Amen!

Word up!

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged.
For the way you judge others is how you will be judged —
the measure with which you measure out will be used to measure to you.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. Hmmm...a command to judge with righteous judgment. How do we balance this on the scales of right division?

So we have don't judge, and we have judge. What will it be then? Toss a coin maybe? It is all about the heart of the matter, isn't it?

Me thinks we make thousands of judgement calls all the time about people places and things and it really boils down to the WAY we are to judge and the WHEN we are to judge.

Did Jesus say not to judge a tree by the fruit it bares and how will we know love if we do not judge the fruit? What about judging false doctrines? What did Jesus mean when HE said not to judge? Wasn't there something in particular He was referring to? What a dilemma we have here and how will we judge the world as we are told to do?

What a fantastic topic! :mrgreen:

Word up!

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

The 2 passages from the gospels are addressing 2 different situations:

Matthew 7:1-5 "Don't judge" is speaking to the issue of hypocritical, hasty judgment. As Billy said, it warns us that the WAY we judge is the way we can expect others to judge us. Payback. Boomerang. That idea.

John 7:14-24 Jesus is speaking to a crowd who think they are obeying the Law of Moses when in reality they are disobeying it by wanting to kill their Messiah rather than welcome Him! In addition, they are angry with Him for working on the Sabbath by healing a man's whole body, even though they modified the law against work on the Sabbath if the requirement of circumcision on the 8th day fell on the Sabbath. Jesus' point is "If you bend the rules to allow for a minor surgical operation on a small part of a boy's body, how much more should you be willing to bend the rules for Me to heal a man's entire body?"

They were missing the deeper truth of Jesus and what He's about and getting caught up with trivia. Or, as Jesus puts it, "Stop judging by surface appearances, and judge the right way!"