Dake Bible Discussion BoardREVEREND DAKE /PASTOR RUSSELL

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

REVEREND DAKE /PASTOR RUSSELL

Post by branham1965 »

it is no secret that the great Reverend Dake was influenced by many

scholars.

after many years and hours of investigation i believe that Reverend Dake was seriously

influenced by Pastor Charles T.Russell 1852-1916.

he had to of had a form of respect towards the world's once most ubiquitous preacher.

we need to study the religious history of the 1800's.

it is fascinating beyond words.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: REVEREND DAKE /PASTOR RUSSELL

Post by branham1965 »

William Miller was the first.

Henry Grew was the second.

George Storrs and George Stetson were the others.

the studies that these men had were done reverently.

my point is if one would study the history of religion in this time

one would have to suffer higher criticism and higher learning so called.

my point is without these and many others

WE WOULD NOT EVEN BE HERE.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

please know that i am not endorsing Russell or any wrong teachings.

my thoughts were that there are some similarities in the authors style and format of writing etc.

:agrue:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i am fascinated by this period of time in the 19th century and the World Wars.

my Grandpa fought in the Pacific against the Japanese.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:i am fascinated by this period of time in the 19th century and the World Wars.

Hi Billy,

My mother, as a young teenage girl was forced to work in a munitions factory in Germany during WW 2. She told me, one day the sirens went off as usual, bombers plus air cover approaching, she ran as fast as she could toward the air raid shelter. She said she heard a spitfire and cannon fire. She fell to the ground and covered her ears as the spitfire flew directly over her whilst firing at the factory. She said the shells passed by her on both sides, not hitting her! (Lucky, that's why I was able to be born. :angel:

My real father, who later met my mother was an American marine who fought in Germany toward the end of WW 2. He returned to America after the war and left us behind.

My step dad who took me and my mother in and married her, was liberated from the POW camps and joined the American's and became a M.P officer. I have a picture of him in his uniform. Very impressive. and his brother was a Spitfire pilot, was shot down over France while strafing a German supply train. He got back to England with the help of the French resistance and got straight back into the pilots seat.

What stories they could tell if they were here today.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you so much for sharing that my friend. :angel:
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i am fascinated by this period of time in the 19th century and the World Wars.

Hi Billy,

My mother, as a young teenage girl was forced to work in a munitions factory in Germany during WW 2. She told me, one day the sirens went off as usual, bombers plus air cover approaching, she ran as fast as she could toward the air raid shelter. She said she heard a spitfire and cannon fire. She fell to the ground and covered her ears as the spitfire flew directly over her whilst firing at the factory. She said the shells passed by her on both sides, not hitting her! (Lucky, that's why I was able to be born. :angel:

My real father, who later met my mother was an American marine who fought in Germany toward the end of WW 2. He returned to America after the war and left us behind.

My step dad who took me and my mother in and married her, was liberated from the POW camps and joined the American's and became a M.P officer. I have a picture of him in his uniform. Very impressive. and his brother was a Spitfire pilot, was shot down over France while strafing a German supply train. He got back to England with the help of the French resistance and got straight back into the pilots seat.

What stories they could tell if they were here today.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

the 7 proofs of the divine begettal of the Holy Spirit in ones life

appreciation of the deep things of God

having deep heavenly kingdom hopes

divine opportunites for service

growth in Christ likeness

persecution for Christ's sake

chastisements for faults

having trials to prove progress or the failure thereof

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

:angel:
branham1965 wrote:the 7 proofs of the divine begettal of the Holy Spirit in ones life

appreciation of the deep things of God

having deep heavenly kingdom hopes

divine opportunites for service

growth in Christ likeness

persecution for Christ's sake

chastisements for faults

having trials to prove progress or the failure thereof
:angel: Thanks billy!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i have a tough time expressing myself on here. :agrue:

i meant to say that i think the Reverend looked into Russell's writings.Being the great scholar he was i imagine the Reverend did so.

i think that he tried to correct the things Russell wrote that he felt were wrong.

for example ..... Russell had a famous sermon that he literally preached all over the world entitled "where are the dead?"
Reverend Dake in his notes in Psalms tried to correct views on soul sleep that Russell and others in the 19th century had accepted from the Adventists.in fact even some early Azusa Street Pentecostals and some later Latter Rain adherents believed in soul sleep.

no less than Charles Parham and William Seymour may have embraced soul sleep.

i sincerely and humbly welcome correction anytime.

The Reverend's article in GPFM and the DARB was entitled "where are the dead?"

pax.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

finally Reverend Dake speaks of such teachers in Bible Truth's Unmasked.And also the War on the Saints in DARB and GPFM.