Dake Bible Discussion BoardBlessed Bible

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Blessed Bible

Post by branham1965 »

this is part of an old hymn on the Bible God's Holy Word.i think the old ones are by far the best.

" Blessed Bible precious Word, boon(gift) most Sacred from the Lord.

"Glory to His Name be given ,for this choicest Gift from Heaven."

"Tis a ray of purest Light ,beaming through the depths of night."

"Brighter than ten thousand gems, or the the choicest diadem...."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Blessed Bible

Post by branham1965 »

i know many do not like the old hymns. i think perhaps i know why. +smack

WOFers...Prosperity Gospel lovers ...101 other charismatics and others like this kind of balderdash...........

+gold +bling +money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

it was all unheard of 100--200 years ago.THEY WOULD HAVE BOOTED ONES OUT FOR SUCH RUBBISH.THERE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN ANY GREAT AWAKENINGS OR REVIVALS OF ANY KIND WITH THE ERRORS WE ARE HEARING BEING PREACHED BY MONEY GRUBBING CHARLATANS AND ELMER GANTRY'S !!!!!!!!

and if you read the NEW TESTAMENT(with no notes or explanations) IT WAS UNHEARD OF BY THE APOSTLES AND EARLY CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR BLESSED DEAR REDEEMER THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WAS POOR.AND HE CARRIED A CRUEL CROSS TO CALVARY.AND WAS CRUCIFIED.HE GAVE HIS VERY LIFE ......THE LORD OF GLORY ON THE TREE AS A RANSOM FOR ALL.cf 1 timothy 2:4-6.

THE MODERN PROSPERITY TRASH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ GOSPEL AND ITS BLOOD- LESS ,CROSS- LESS APOSTATE HYMNALS =IT ALL FITS IN =IS AN A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N INVENTION???OUR CHURCHES AS NIGHTCLUBS ARE THE SAME.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

So Jesus was poor? Is that how he paid the taxes of two men with gold out of a fish's mouth? I would be inclined to disagree with the "Jesus was poor" view. Now Jesus did become poor that we might be rich as we see in 2 Cor 8:9. Jesus was the King of the Word of Faith! He spoke it, and it was - health, prosperity, and soul salvation.

For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. The real difference is that Jesus did not abuse His wealth. He knew the sons of the kingdom were exempt of the taxes, yet as to not offend He paid taxes. He did some Word of Faith and got His comrade to get the gold coin out of the fish's mouth and take care of the tax debt of two men.

As Dake puts it, "He created and owned the vast universes."

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i don't know why i go off like that.i was dead wrong.and i apologize for posting such junk. +sorry

Reverend Dake taught prosperity because it is in the Bible.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:i don't know why i go off like that.i was dead wrong.and i apologize for posting such junk. +sorry

Reverend Dake taught prosperity because it is in the Bible.
No need to apologize for anything and nothing wrong with expressing your view, nor defending your position.

Many of the WOF preachers make me extremely angry. I think so often they get off track and the love of money becomes their whole motivation. To me that does little to lift up Jesus and promote the "entire" gospel.

I remember some years ago someone in a sermon was throwing money on the floor and stomping on it and boasting about how rich we are and blah, blah, blah, etc. To me that was in very poor taste. I think preachers get caught up and forgot the purpose.

I think it is important to divide those that chase money from the way Jesus taught us to conduct ourselves. We don't see Jesus chasing money like there was no tomorrow. There must be a balance and I think many of today's preachers have crossed the line and I would bet that you and I agree totally on that point.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

You are very kind.

but i was wrong .i don't feel that way at all.Dad Hagin was my favorite preacher.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Billy I listen to the 2nd Chapter of Acts singing hymns and I love it, they are on my phone and sing me to sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4umCYum ... 6&index=35

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you very much for that macca.thats great music to bring peace and sleep.

macca wrote:Billy I listen to the 2nd Chapter of Acts singing hymns and I love it, they are on my phone and sing me to sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4umCYum ... 6&index=35

DeafManHealing
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by DeafManHealing »

Sometimes I try to put myself as a Deaf man today in that deaf boy's shoes 2,000 years how he must have followed after Jesus Christ and his teachings right up until Jesus Christ was crucified.

There is no biblical account of what happened to the deaf boy but I am sure he heard from both the two Mary's. ( Jesus's mother and Mary the forgiven prostitute ) as well eleven of the disciples.

Who knows maybe Jesus Christ visited the deaf boy before & after the Ascension. ( Not in the Bible but to imagine what must have went on 2,000 years ago ... )

I don't think Jesus Christ taught prosperity the way it is being taught today by prosperity preachers.

I think there was a spiritual component to the blessing by Jesus Christ about prosperity or becoming rich. I think Jesus Christ put more emphasis on righteous living through genuine holiness.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

hi heath,

:angel:
i cannot conceive what that is like.but my heart goes out to you.i have a friend with no eyeballs,a cousin crippled and a sister with ms.

i get upset with myself losing my cool.

DeafManHealing wrote:Sometimes I try to put myself as a Deaf man today in that deaf boy's shoes 2,000 years how he must have followed after Jesus Christ and his teachings right up until Jesus Christ was crucified.

There is no biblical account of what happened to the deaf boy but I am sure he heard from both the two Mary's. ( Jesus's mother and Mary the forgiven prostitute ) as well eleven of the disciples.

Who knows maybe Jesus Christ visited the deaf boy before & after the Ascension. ( Not in the Bible but to imagine what must have went on 2,000 years ago ... )

I don't think Jesus Christ taught prosperity the way it is being taught today by prosperity preachers.

I think there was a spiritual component to the blessing by Jesus Christ about prosperity or becoming rich. I think Jesus Christ put more emphasis on righteous living through genuine holiness.