Dake Bible Discussion BoardFirst born of Egypt.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

First born of Egypt.

Post by Ironman »

I was asked a question by someone who said they were now non-believers because they could not understand how God can kill children, citing The death of all the first born of Egypt during the time of Moses.

All I could say in reply was, God was determined to free Israel from slavery, God through Moses offered Pharaoh several opportunities to do so, which he refused even though several miracles were performed, he still refused to let Israel go and after these.

Why did God send the angel of death and kill all the first born of Egypt. First of all, all the adult Egyptians were idol worshiping pagans who were not about to bow before the God of Moses. The children who were taken by God would have been sent straight to Paradise, where they grew in comfort and protection and then taken to Heaven with the Old testament saints when Jesus liberated the captives after His death and resurrection, Ephesians 4:8.

I hope I was not in error telling him what I did?

As an aside, I sometimes think about this event and I assume these children, the first born of Egypt who God took, they would have continued to grow to adulthood in Paradise. I cannot see them remaining as babies until Christ came and took the keys of hell and death of Satan?

Any comments.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: First born of Egypt.

Post by branham1965 »

HAZ

shalom mate. :rainbow1: :Fade-color

this is one of the atheist's and God hater's big argument's.and Christians' have struggled with it. :agrue:

IT TAKES GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE.

when the man of God REVEREND DAKE received his revelation's it was by a DIVINE SUPERNATURAL GIFT.1 COR 12.
many are uncomfortable with HIS DIVINE INSPIATION.but it was so.

HE was trying with that GIFT to teach the masses.

read the Dake Bible notes.

He was right.and he kicked all atheist's in the teeth.

Ironman wrote:I was asked a question by someone who said they were now non-believers because they could not understand how God can kill children, citing The death of all the first born of Egypt during the time of Moses.

All I could say in reply was, God was determined to free Israel from slavery, God through Moses offered Pharaoh several opportunities to do so, which he refused even though several miracles were performed, he still refused to let Israel go and after these.

Why did God send the angel of death and kill all the first born of Egypt. First of all, all the adult Egyptians were idol worshiping pagans who were not about to bow before the God of Moses. The children who were taken by God would have been sent straight to Paradise, where they grew in comfort and protection and then taken to Heaven with the Old testament saints when Jesus liberated the captives after His death and resurrection, Ephesians 4:8.

As an aside, I sometimes think about this event and I assume these children, the first born of Egypt who God took, they would have continued to grow to adulthood in Paradise. I cannot see them remaining as babies until Christ came and took the keys of hell and death of Satan?

Any comments.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:HAZ

shalom mate. :rainbow1: :Fade-color

this is one of the atheist's and God hater's big argument's.and Christians' have struggled with it. :agrue:

IT TAKES GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE.

when the man of God REVEREND DAKE received his revelation's it was by a DIVINE SUPERNATURAL GIFT.1 COR 12.
many are uncomfortable with HIS DIVINE INSPIATION.but it was so.

HE was trying with that GIFT to teach the masses.

read the Dake Bible notes.

He was right.and he kicked all atheist's in the teeth.

Ironman wrote:I was asked a question by someone who said they were now non-believers because they could not understand how God can kill children, citing The death of all the first born of Egypt during the time of Moses.

Any comments.
He sure did billy :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thank you my dear friend :angel:

most of ALL troubles on here are blokes thinking they?????????????? know more than the man of God REVEREND DAKE.

i repeat he had a SUPERNATURAL HOLY GHOST ANOINTING AND A DIVINE GIFT.

this was manifested in the incomparable DARB ..along with GPFM all his other works.

yet
i notice some of his blockhead students get some knowledge

and then for some ugly reason :

they get wise in their own conceits and delusions and they turn on their TEACHER and become total buzzards and benedict arnold's and worse...judases.

this board stands or falls on the fact of the SUPERNATURAL POWER AND ANOINTING AND THE GIFTS ON REVEREND FINIS JENNINGS DAKE. :angel: :angel:

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

The pagan nations in the ancient world were extremely vile and degenerate. Israel's commission to execute or practically extinguish entire cultures must be looked in the historical context in which these nations existed. They were merely carrying out the law to stop the rampant leaven of self implosion from continuing. These empires and nations would sacrifice by the thousands their children to the fires of Moloch and others. This action was legislated by their governments and accepted as the norm culturally. Infanticide was common in other words. That of course was far from the only heinous act taking place. The sexual promiscuity was so rampant in many of these nations that transmitted diseases were as common as a a person today catching a cold. Public orgies became communal gatherings and fidelity and sanctity of marriage was virtually a legal property issue nothing more nothing less and sometimes not even that. The slaughter of the innocent was determined on whims of those in power and public mauling by animals eventually would become sports for the whole family to view in their recreational time. This is not to mention the treatment of slaves which compared to less than animal status. If a slave became broken and couldn't function his task he would be discarded and left as a wore out vehicle in a salvage yard. His family would suffer without provision and starve to death as they watched idly by.

I could go and on but the truth is that these nations were not like Canada or even like the USA when we threw God out of our school system. These cultures were in absolute darkness and abhorrently wicked as a whole. Sodom had reached such a deplorable state that entire groups of men roamed the city raping other men like rabid dogs. So, keep in mind why God determined their execution. Entire cultures were criminal and needed prosecuted and may I say almost entire populations deserved to be on death row. Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim were so defiant against God and overflowing with self it defies description. Paul even said at one point that some of the things taking place you couldn't even talk about it was so bad.

IN other words, we understand a murderer being put to death, so it is with these nations who were doing the same.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Reuben wrote:The pagan nations in the ancient world were extremely vile and degenerate. Israel's commission to execute or practically extinguish entire cultures must be looked in the historical context in which these nations existed. They were merely carrying out the law to stop the rampant leaven of self implosion from continuing. These empires and nations would sacrifice by the thousands their children to the fires of Moloch and others. This action was legislated by their governments and accepted as the norm culturally. Infanticide was common in other words. That of course was far from the only heinous act taking place. The sexual promiscuity was so rampant in many of these nations that transmitted diseases were as common as a a person today catching a cold. Public orgies became communal gatherings and fidelity and sanctity of marriage was virtually a legal property issue nothing more nothing less and sometimes not even that. The slaughter of the innocent was determined on whims of those in power and public mauling by animals eventually would become sports for the whole family to view in their recreational time. This is not to mention the treatment of slaves which compared to less than animal status. If a slave became broken and couldn't function his task he would be discarded and left as a wore out vehicle in a salvage yard. His family would suffer without provision and starve to death as they watched idly by.

I could go and on but the truth is that these nations were not like Canada or even like the USA when we threw God out of our school system. These cultures were in absolute darkness and abhorrently wicked as a whole. Sodom had reached such a deplorable state that entire groups of men roamed the city raping other men like rabid dogs. So, keep in mind why God determined their execution. Entire cultures were criminal and needed prosecuted and may I say almost entire populations deserved to be on death row. Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim were so defiant against God and overflowing with self it defies description. Paul even said at one point that some of the things taking place you couldn't even talk about it was so bad.

IN other words, we understand a murderer being put to death, so it is with these nations who were doing the same.

:angel: :angel: :angel:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

"AND IN THE FOURTH GENERATION THEY SHALL COME HITHER AGAIN:

FOR THE INIQUITY OF THE AMORITE IS NOT YET FULL." GENESIS 15:16.asv 1901

i highly recommend the brilliant late Professor Homer Hailey's

scholarly work :

" GOD'S JUDGEMENT AND PUNISHMENT ON INDIVIDUALS AND NATIONS"

published by Stanley W.Paher@

Nevada Publications 775/747-0800

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Professor Hailey was an ex campbellite and not"perfect".

He wrote many good books on the Prophets and other topics .including a commentary on Revelation etc...this was his last work. RIP 1903-2000.

branham1965 wrote:"AND IN THE FOURTH GENERATION THEY SHALL COME HITHER AGAIN:

FOR THE INIQUITY OF THE AMORITE IS NOT YET FULL." GENESIS 15:16.asv 1901

i highly recommend the brilliant late Professor Homer Hailey's

scholarly work :

" GOD'S JUDGEMENT AND PUNISHMENT ON INDIVIDUALS AND NATIONS"

published by Stanley W.Paher@

Nevada Publications 775/747-0800

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

what an ugly post.

sighs.

branham1965 wrote:thank you my dear friend :angel:

most of ALL troubles on here are blokes thinking they?????????????? know more than the man of God REVEREND DAKE.

i repeat he had a SUPERNATURAL HOLY GHOST ANOINTING AND A DIVINE GIFT.

this was manifested in the incomparable DARB ..along with GPFM all his other works.

yet
i notice some of his blockhead students get some knowledge

and then for some ugly reason :

they get wise in their own conceits and delusions and they turn on their TEACHER and become total buzzards and benedict arnold's and worse...judases.

this board stands or falls on the fact of the SUPERNATURAL POWER AND ANOINTING AND THE GIFTS ON REVEREND FINIS JENNINGS DAKE. :angel: :angel: