Dake Bible Discussion Boardwhat are the essentials

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

what are the essentials

Post by branham1965 »

sometimes we can throw the baby out with the bathwater in regard to some doctrinal issues.

i think Reverend Dake's essentials given in the Dake Bible at the end of Genesis in his notes would be accepted by most folks on here.

they are orthodox and an excellent " creed" if i may say so by the man of God.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: what are the essentials

Post by Ironman »

I agree mate. I'm forever arguing with people on other boards especially those smart aleky bible experts who say they went to bible collage, who call Dake names and even accuse him of herecy ! It takes all my patience and strength to stop me from exploding at them, but I just think, "What would the apostles o Jesus do here, and I back off and say to myself, they will have to stand before Jesus one day an cop whats coming their way!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i agree my best mate. :angel:

that list in the DARB is a great creed of BIBLE faith by the incomparable REVEREND FINIS JENNINGS DAKE.

Haz we have a very odd board. it is very clickish. :|

some here will not answer us common blokes.

i am ready to call out men here for such bigotry. :-|

Ironman wrote:I agree mate. I'm forever arguing with people on other boards especially those smart aleky bible experts who say they went to bible collage, who call Dake names and even accuse him of herecy ! It takes all my patience and strength to stop me from exploding at them, but I just think, "What would the apostles o Jesus do here, and I back off and say to myself, they will have to stand before Jesus one day an cop whats coming their way!

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:i agree my best mate. :angel:

that list in the DARB is a great creed of BIBLE faith by the incomparable REVEREND FINIS JENNINGS DAKE.

Haz we have a very odd board. it is very clickish. :|

some here will not answer us common blokes.

i am ready to call out men here for such bigotry. :-|

Ironman wrote:I agree mate. I'm forever arguing with people on other boards especially those smart aleky bible experts who say they went to bible collage, who call Dake names and even accuse him of herecy ! It takes all my patience and strength to stop me from exploding at them, but I just think, "What would the apostles o Jesus do here, and I back off and say to myself, they will have to stand before Jesus one day an cop whats coming their way!
clickish, not answering, and bigotry - I find your post rather confusing in light of my tenure on the board which is certainly nothing like the length of time others have put in which limits my knowledge of the board considerably.

From my perception I think most all her are very tolerant of other views. I may be diametrically opposed to some, yet not intolerant of their view. An example would be those that deny the godhead exist in more than one person that is opposite my view. Paul disputed daily with those that went about to slay him. Doesn't read like an easy road to me. If we defend the gospel, we must do it with wisdom of God in all understanding using knowledge in righteousness.

Just because one accepts another person's view does not mean they have to agree or believe that view. The important thing is that the view is presented well and done in a godly manner not some dark agenda that is obvious from the start. Some times you have to rip your shirt, yet make no mistake about it, many have ripped their shirts preaching while preaching from a stained view. It can be hard to get the stains out - a good man brings out good treasure. :angel:

Word up!

Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

I would consider this essential.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Reuben wrote:Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

I would consider this essential.
No doubt.

Word up!