Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid God Shorten Man's Life:

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Did God Shorten Man's Life:

Post by victoryword »

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Did God Shorten Man's Life:

Post by branham1965 »

i just do not understand that viewpoint.
it eliminates the Judgement side of God; His Fear,His Omnipotence,His Providence and His Sovereignty.
GOD said His Spirit would not always strive with man.And HE shortened man's life on earth.He destroyed the entire earth by Noah's flood.He was longsuffering but it ran out and Judgement fell and He killed every living thing on the earth.1 Peter 3:20.
Man is still under the Curse of God imposed by the LORD in Eden.That is why people die daily.And this planet is convulsing under the Curse.the Apostle Paul said ....

"for the creature was made subject to vanity,not willingly,BUT BY REASON OF HIM who hath subjected the same in hope."
Romans 8:20

GOD IS IN CONTROL OF HIS DIVINE PLAN.
victoryword wrote:Did God Shorten Man's Life:
http://victoriouswordchurch.blogspot.co ... espan.html

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

sighs. :morning: :morning: +ClubComputer +punch

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:sighs. :morning: :morning: +ClubComputer +punch
Billy wrote;
'GOD said His Spirit would not always strive with man.And HE shortened man's life on earth.He destroyed the entire earth by Noah's flood.He was longsuffering but it ran out and Judgement fell and He killed every living thing on the earth.1 Peter 3:20.
Man is still under the Curse of God imposed by the LORD in Eden.That is why people die daily.And this planet is convulsing under the Curse.the Apostle Paul said ....

"for the creature was made subject to vanity,not willingly,BUT BY REASON OF HIM who hath subjected the same in hope."

GOD IS IN CONTROL OF HIS DIVINE PLAN."

I AGREE MATE.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thanks Haz. :scatter:

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
Billy wrote;
'GOD said His Spirit would not always strive with man.And HE shortened man's life on earth.He destroyed the entire earth by Noah's flood.He was longsuffering but it ran out and Judgement fell and He killed every living thing on the earth.1 Peter 3:20.

GOD IS IN CONTROL OF HIS DIVINE PLAN."

I AGREE MATE.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

If man's life is shortened it is because of corruption and not because of God. In some places men live to be around 100-150 or more even in these days of chemical intake. There are many factors to a man's longevity in the flesh. Nothing in the scripture about God shortening man's life. If so, please post it so it can be researched. Men's words shorten their life because they speak corruption unto their flesh.

Word up!

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

luchnia wrote:If man's life is shortened it is because of corruption and not because of God. In some places men live to be around 100-150 or more even in these days of chemical intake. There are many factors to a man's longevity in the flesh. Nothing in the scripture about God shortening man's life. If so, please post it so it can be researched. Men's words shorten their life because they speak corruption unto their flesh.
Excellent points. My sentiments exactly :angel:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"If man's life is shortened it is because of corruption and not because of God."

GOD has shortened men's lives because of sin. Both good and evil men die early these days, no matter how they live.

God has shortened man's life physicly. No matter how well we eat, take care of ourselves, where we live, if we exercise or not, physical lives here on earth have been shortened compared to those in the Old Testament.

Genesis 6:3, And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
When Adam was 810 years old, God gave him an extra 120 years to repent before being cut off 930 years old.

Things went downhill since then and God eventually caused the flood of Noah.

Before the flood, 600 years PLUS !

Genesis 6:5, And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every1 imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 7:6, And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

But, compare the average 70 to 120 years men live these days with SIX HUNDRED YEARS! Yes, our physical lives have been shortened. I know evil men who lived beyond 70 years, and I also know of one very good God loving man who was cut of with a sudden heart attack at age 55. When our time is up, its up. So it is written, so it is done,

After the flood, 120 years, minus.

Moses was a mere 120 years old when he died.

Deut. 34:7, And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

Numbers. 33:39, And Aaron was an hundred and twenty and three years old when he died in mount Hor.

2 Chron. 24:15, But Jehoiada waxed old, and was full of days when he died; an hundred and thirty years old was he when he died.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
"If man's life is shortened it is because of corruption and not because of God."

GOD has shortened men's lives because of sin. Both good and evil men die early these days, no matter how they live.

God has shortened man's life physicly. No matter how well we eat, take care of ourselves, where we live, if we exercise or not, physical lives here on earth have been shortened compared to those in the Old Testament.

Genesis 6:3, And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
When Adam was 810 years old, God gave him an extra 120 years to repent before being cut off 930 years old.

Things went downhill since then and God eventually caused the flood of Noah.

Before the flood, 600 years PLUS !

Genesis 6:5, And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every1 imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 7:6, And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

But, compare the average 70 to 120 years men live these days with SIX HUNDRED YEARS! Yes, our physical lives have been shortened. I know evil men who lived beyond 70 years, and I also know of one very good God loving man who was cut of with a sudden heart attack at age 55. When our time is up, its up. So it is written, so it is done,

After the flood, 120 years, minus.

Moses was a mere 120 years old when he died.

Deut. 34:7, And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

Numbers. 33:39, And Aaron was an hundred and twenty and three years old when he died in mount Hor.

2 Chron. 24:15, But Jehoiada waxed old, and was full of days when he died; an hundred and thirty years old was he when he died.
I agree that man does not live as long as in the days of old, note even a tenth as long in many cases, but there is nothing about God shortening man's life in any text that has been submitted. Is there any scripture that indicates God shortening man's physical life for any reason?

Physical lifespans got shorter before the flood so there is much more to the reason why man years in the flesh got shorter. There are many promises for long life. Shortened days seem to be man's problem and not a God purpose.

Proverbs 9:11 For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.

Proverbs 10:27 The fear of the Lord prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Word up!