Dake Bible Discussion Boardis it scriptural for the church to celebrate ot feasts???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

is it scriptural for the church to celebrate ot feasts???

Post by branham1965 »

i notice that some charismatic church folks celebrate the Old Testament feast days.

is this right by the Bible???? +ummm

Rocky

Re: is it scriptural for the church to celebrate ot feasts??

Post by Rocky »

It's not required of course but as far as it being unscriptural, it does not make one any more Holy or justified. And it is not taught in this dispensation to observe them for worship....

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:i notice that some charismatic church folks celebrate the Old Testament feast days.

Not any more billy, Jesus did away with all that!

I used to celebrate them billy when I was in that cult the WWCOG, and it nearly broke up my marriage. It did break many while I was there, saw it with my own eyes.

Many years ago when I was in the WWCOG CULT, my wife and I were invited to my neighbours youngest daughters wedding and I insulted him and humiliated his wife and my own wife by first, turning up late. Why, because I was attending Sabbath services, the wedding as always here are held on Saturdays, then by refusing to partake in the wedding main meal, Why you ask? Because, IT CONTAINED PIECES OF PORK? And the pre-dinner dip contained, PRAWNS! I used to catch and eat prawns by the bucket full but now that I was in the WWCOG, I had to obey the Old Testament laws, unbeknown by me then that they were made null and void by Jesus because the ministers of this cult never knew their bible and we believe what they told us because they said they were ordained by God and knew what they were talking about, NOT!

This is how I was seen by my neighbour on this special day for him and his family, and his family and by my own wife, who went along with me being in that cult because she loved me and prayed I would be led out of there one day.

I came across as being, Holier than all of thee, that I am so righteous, because I refuse to eat unclean meat! . . . . Little did I know Jesus did away with all that!

Then I learnt this after I left;

Colossians 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days:

Jesus did away with all that Old Testament rules, laws and Sabbaths. We can worship on any day or every day we choose. We are no longer tied down with loads no one can carry.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Haz.i appreciate you sharing that mate.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i notice that some charismatic church folks celebrate the Old Testament feast days.

Not any more billy, Jesus did away with all that!

I used to celebrate them billy when I was in that cult the WWCOG, and it nearly broke up my marriage. It did break many while I was there, saw it with my own eyes.

Many years ago when I was in the WWCOG CULT, my wife and I were invited to my neighbours youngest daughters wedding and I insulted him and humiliated his wife and my own wife by first, turning up late. Why, because I was attending Sabbath services, the wedding as always here are held on Saturdays, then by refusing to partake in the wedding main meal, Why you ask? Because, IT CONTAINED PIECES OF PORK? And the pre-dinner dip contained, PRAWNS! I used to catch and eat prawns by the bucket full but now that I was in the WWCOG, I had to obey the Old Testament laws, unbeknown by me then that they were made null and void by Jesus because the ministers of this cult never knew their bible and we believe what they told us because they said they were ordained by God and knew what they were talking about, NOT!

This is how I was seen by my neighbour on this special day for him and his family, and his family and by my own wife, who went along with me being in that cult because she loved me and prayed I would be led out of there one day.

I came across as being, Holier than all of thee, that I am so righteous, because I refuse to eat unclean meat! . . . . Little did I know Jesus did away with all that!

Then I learnt this after I left;

Colossians 2:16, Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days:

Jesus did away with all that Old Testament rules, laws and Sabbaths. We can worship on any day or every day we choose. We are no longer tied down with loads no one can carry.