Dake Bible Discussion BoardThey were both naked, and not ashamed.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

They were both naked, and not ashamed.

Post by Ironman »

Genesis 2:15, And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16, And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17, But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
18, And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Genesis 2:21, And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22, And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Genesis 2:25, And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Gen 3:7, And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Gen 3:10, And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:11, And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

We know from Scripture angels and God wear clothes.

Adam and Eve and all animals were naked, in the beginning. Animals are still naked to this day and no one is ashamed of them.

My question is;

Had Adam and Eve not sinned and the plan of God continued uninterrupted by any sin or rebellion, and carried out until today and into the eternal future, would God one day have made clothes, or asked us to make clothes for us to wear? the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: They were both naked, and not ashamed.

Post by macca »

They were clothed in righteousness as all saints are in heaven, the robes came from their spirits because they were spirit beings the same as their creator.
When they sinned their flesh dominated them to the point of plotting out their spirit's projection of the holiness of God which was dead.
we must realize that we are spirit beings as God is a spirit being, we have a soul and we live in a body.
Our spirit is saved, born again,, our soul is not as it must be saved by the engrafted word of God. james. 1:21;
Our bodies are not born again until the rapture/resurrection.
Until we allow our spirits to dominate us we will need clothes.
macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel:
macca wrote:They were clothed in righteousness as all saints are in heaven, the robes came from their spirits because they were spirit beings the same as their creator.
When they sinned their flesh dominated them to the point of plotting out their spirit's projection of the holiness of God which was dead.
we must realize that we are spirit beings as God is a spirit being, we have a soul and we live in a body.
Our spirit is saved, born again,, our soul is not as it must be saved by the engrafted word of God. james. 1:21;
Our bodies are not born again until the rapture/resurrection.
Until we allow our spirits to dominate us we will need clothes.
macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Thank you "macca," I read and checked all the Scriptures on this in the Dake Bible and read ALL the notes. It also was very helpful. Thanks again.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?