Dake Bible Discussion Boardjesus longevity

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

jesus longevity

Post by royplumber »

If jesu did not go to the cross or did not get killed how long would you expect him to live

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: jesus longevity

Post by Ironman »

royplumber wrote:If jesu did not go to the cross or did not get killed how long would you expect him to live
As God, the Word (John 1:1) He had no beginning and no end. As a man (John 1:14) He had a beginning and as man He had an appointed time to die.

Its a given, He had to die, The Word, the Father, the Holy Spirit had agreed this was to happen and He died at His appointed time.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Wow, I never thought of or even looked at it that way? That's unreal, your right on!

Maybe, had He squibbed out and not gone ahead with the plan,;

Luke 22:42, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done."

Could we assume that would that have been a sin, by going against the Fathers will that I assume they agreed upon?

Christ never sinned once during His entire 33 years on Earth, What a feat? "Not my will but thine be done!" He never once thought this would be easy yet He still went through it.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

I don't use that saying, SOME SAY HE WAS NOT BUT HE WAS VERY GOD AND VERY MAN. He was the Word, a member of the Godhead, and He divested Himself of all His god powers and authority and became a man.

So in my humble opinion He was God and then became a man. If He was a man, retaining His God power and authority, the devil could use that against Him. The devil would say' "Well, no wonder you never sinned, never fell for any temptations, never fell for my inticements, You ARE GOD! and God cannot sin!

No where is it written Jesus never sinned because He was God and had God powers which enabled Him never to sin? NO, He never sinned as a MAN, as our example!

1 Peter 2:21, For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us,leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Verse, 22, Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: [Purely as a man} theres never any sin in God, or any guile found in His mouth, but is was possible for Jesus to stumble as a man.

Jesus was a man and was tempted like all men and never fell for any temptation and He never committed one sin. Not because He was very God and very man, but because He was a man for 33 or so years!

That's my opinion, I'm not arguing with any one else's opinions on this matter.

He had ALL His power, Glory and authority restored to Him when He was resurrected and returned to His Father. Revelation 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Matthew 28:17, And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. Verse 18, And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL POWER IS GIVEN UNTO ME IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH.

If He was very God, why would He have any need to have His Power restored to Him? He, as VERY God would have retained His Power!

He was a simple mere man, who as a man could DIE. As very God he could never die but as a man it was possible. He relied entirely on the Father, His Father and our Father for everything. Sure, He could have called down legions of angels and the Father probably would have sent them, just as we can ask for anything "IN FAITH, and receive it! Who know, but Jesus, having faith in the Father did not ask for them, He only stated that He could have if He wanted to.

He has been now restored from a humble man who as a man, not as God who could die. He was able to die for all men, because He chose to become a weak man and prove that He, as a man could beat all temptation and not commit one sin and be an example for us to follow! We could never even think to be as perfect and resist temptation as a God being, but we can strive to be as perfect as Jesus, the man was.

Jesus even said we could do great works as He did, even greater works;

John 14:12, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

My humble opinion? yes, He was God, eternally past, John 1:1, and yes He was a man, for a short while, because He had a beginning not as God but purely as a man!

Psalms 2:I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Act 13:33, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Hebrews 1:5, For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Hebrews 5:5, So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

I don't think He was both fully God and man at the same time while on the Earth. IMHO! only, not arguing, just putting forward how I see this.

Very God can never die, very man can die, He was either one or the other while on Earth. Because He died and had to be raised by the Father, VERY GOD, who remained in Heaven and ran the universe for Jesus while He was on the Earth as VERY MAN, I believe He was nothing more than a man, until He was raised and all power was given unto Him, again!

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Haz that is one of your best posts. Spot on :angel:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Haz He was till God or the INCARNATION CF JOHN 1 WAS UNTRUE.

i could care less what the few on here think about me.
Ironman wrote:I don't use that saying, SOME SAY HE WAS NOT BUT HE WAS VERY GOD AND VERY MAN. He was the Word, a member of the Godhead, and He divested Himself of all His god powers and authority and became a man.

So in my humble opinion He was God and then became a man. If He was a man, retaining His God power and authority, the devil could use that against Him. The devil would say' "Well, no wonder you never sinned, never fell for any temptations, never fell for my inticements, You ARE GOD! and God cannot sin!

No where is it written Jesus never sinned because He was God and had God powers which enabled Him never to sin? NO, He never sinned as a MAN, as our example!

1 Peter 2:21, For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us,leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Verse, 22, Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: [Purely as a man} theres never any sin in God, or any guile found in His mouth, but is was possible for Jesus to stumble as a man.

Jesus was a man and was tempted like all men and never fell for any temptation and He never committed one sin. Not because He was very God and very man, but because He was a man for 33 or so years!

That's my opinion, I'm not arguing with any one else's opinions on this matter.

He had ALL His power, Glory and authority restored to Him when He was resurrected and returned to His Father. Revelation 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Matthew 28:17, And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. Verse 18, And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL POWER IS GIVEN UNTO ME IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH.

If He was very God, why would He have any need to have His Power restored to Him? He, as VERY God would have retained His Power!

He was a simple mere man, who as a man could DIE. As very God he could never die but as a man it was possible. He relied entirely on the Father, His Father and our Father for everything. Sure, He could have called down legions of angels and the Father probably would have sent them, just as we can ask for anything "IN FAITH, and receive it! Who know, but Jesus, having faith in the Father did not ask for them, He only stated that He could have if He wanted to.

He has been now restored from a humble man who as a man, not as God who could die. He was able to die for all men, because He chose to become a weak man and prove that He, as a man could beat all temptation and not commit one sin and be an example for us to follow! We could never even think to be as perfect and resist temptation as a God being, but we can strive to be as perfect as Jesus, the man was.

Jesus even said we could do great works as He did, even greater works;

John 14:12, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

My humble opinion? yes, He was God, eternally past, John 1:1, and yes He was a man, for a short while, because He had a beginning not as God but purely as a man!

Psalms 2:I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Act 13:33, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Hebrews 1:5, For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Hebrews 5:5, So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

I don't think He was both fully God and man at the same time while on the Earth. IMHO! only, not arguing, just putting forward how I see this.

Very God can never die, very man can die, He was either one or the other while on Earth. Because He died and had to be raised by the Father, VERY GOD, who remained in Heaven and ran the universe for Jesus while He was on the Earth as VERY MAN, I believe He was nothing more than a man, until He was raised and all power was given unto Him, again!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:Haz that is one of your best posts. Spot on :angel:
Thanks macca. The reason I feel this way is because of the very fact that HE Died! If He was both God and man at the same time they nailed Him on the cross, speared Him in the side, they could have done this a thousand times and he would not have died?

I apologise to anyone on here who disagrees with my view, that's all it is, my personal view.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

[quote]Billy wrote"YOU HAVE THE TRUTH.

on some things i have tradition."[quote].

And I am often wrong but I do have my opinion on some things and I don't want to change your traditions, just give my opinion, and you and your family have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY MATE :angel:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Haz.
Ironman wrote:
Billy wrote"YOU HAVE THE TRUTH.

on some things i have tradition."

And I am often wrong but I do have my opinion on some things and I don't want to change your traditions, just give my opinion, and you and your family have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY MATE :angel: