Dake Bible Discussion BoardHow Did God bring the Flood of Noah?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

How Did God bring the Flood of Noah?

Post by victoryword »

November 15

And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth. In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened (Gen. 7:10-11)

In Genesis 6 God says, “And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh,” Yet, God often says that He will do that which He merely allowed or permitted by the removal of His restraining protection.

Genesis 7 tells us that “all the fountains of the great deep broken up.” It was by God’s power that the waters were kept from overflowing and destroying (Genesis 1:6-10; Hebrews 1:3; 2 Pet. 3:5-7). Man would not repent so God “destroyed” by removing His protection. He abandoned them (except for Noah and his family) and allowed the consequences of their sin and corruption of the earth to bring the inevitable destruction:

For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer. For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. (Isa. 54:7-9)

The Living Bible paraphrases it, “Just as in the time of Noah I swore that I would never again permit the waters of a flood to cover the earth and destroy its life, so now I swear that I will never again pour out my anger on you.”

Notice that God did not actively bring about the consequences of Israel’s sin but He abandoned them, hid His face, and withdrew His protection. Abandonment and hiding His face is the normal way that God exercises His wrath (Deut. 31:16-18; 1 Kings 14:15-16; 2 Kings 17:17-20; 2 Chron. 29:6-8; Psalm 27:9; 89:46; Isa. 57:17; Jer. 33:5; Hos. 11:7-9; Matt. 18:34; Rom. 1:18, 24-28). The same is true concerning the people of Noah’s time who told God to depart from them. Therefore, His Spirit stopped striving with them, thus removing His protection, and allowing the consequences of their corruption of the earth to take place.

http://victoriouswordchurch.blogspot.co ... -noah.html

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: How Did God bring the Flood of Noah?

Post by Ironman »

This was water that was under the ground, deep in the Earth.

‘In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.'” (Gen 7:11-12 KJV).

At the end of the flood, the Bible again accounts for the fountains of the deep being ‘stopped’ and the water returning back into the ground.

Scientists Confirm Biblical Account of the ‘Fountains of The Deep’

Genesis 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;
2, The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;
3, And the waters returned from off the earth continually:1 and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.
4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.
5, And the waters decreased2 continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

In yet another confirmation of the Bible’s accuracy, scientists have now confirmed what Scripture refers to as “the fountains of the deep.” In the days of Noah and the Ark, these large pools of water beneath the Earth’s crust burst forth onto the surface providing the massive amounts of water needed for the global flood judgment. What has once been a source of skepticism and mockery for those who doubt the Bible, has now been confirmed by secular scientists, again showing that although written over 3,000 years ago, the Bible’s description of the Earth and its natural properties are indeed accurate.

According to reports:

An international team of scientists led by Graham Pearson, Canada Excellence Research Chair in Arctic Resources at the U of A, has discovered the first-ever sample of a mineral called ringwoodite. Analysis of the mineral shows it contains a significant amount of water — 1.5 per cent of its weight — a finding that confirms scientific theories about vast volumes of water trapped 410 to 660 kilometres beneath Earth’s surface, between the upper and lower mantle.
“This sample really provides extremely strong confirmation that there are local wet spots deep in the Earth in this area,” said Pearson, a professor in the Faculty of Science, whose findings were published March 13 in Nature. “That particular zone in the Earth, the transition zone, might have as much water as all the world’s oceans put together.”
Ringwoodite is a form of the mineral peridot, believed to exist in large quantities under high pressures in the transition zone. Ringwoodite has been found in meteorites but, until now, no terrestrial sample has ever been unearthed because scientists haven’t been able to conduct fieldwork at extreme depths.

http://beginningandend.com/scientists-c ... -the-deep/

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

WHO ELSE BROUGHT IT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORD OF FAITH PEOPLE AND ALL THE ULTRA GRACE FOLKS DO NOT BELIEVE GOD IS A GOD OF JUDGEMENT AT ALL.

THE LONGSUFFERING OF GOD WAITED 1 PETER 3:20.

THEN GOD BROUGHT THAT FLOOD AND WIPED OUT THE FACE OF THE EARTH.8 SOULS WERE SAVED.

AND GOD WILL DESTROY THIS PLANET WITH FIRE 2 PETER 3:10-14.

victoryword wrote:November 15

And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth. In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened (Gen. 7:10-11)

In Genesis 6 God says, “And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh,” Yet, God often says that He will do that which He merely allowed or permitted by the removal of His restraining protection.

Genesis 7 tells us that “all the fountains of the great deep broken up.” It was by God’s power that the waters were kept from overflowing and destroying (Genesis 1:6-10; Hebrews 1:3; 2 Pet. 3:5-7). Man would not repent so God “destroyed” by removing His protection. He abandoned them (except for Noah and his family) and allowed the consequences of their sin and corruption of the earth to bring the inevitable destruction:

For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer. For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. (Isa. 54:7-9)

The Living Bible paraphrases it, “Just as in the time of Noah I swore that I would never again permit the waters of a flood to cover the earth and destroy its life, so now I swear that I will never again pour out my anger on you.”

Notice that God did not actively bring about the consequences of Israel’s sin but He abandoned them, hid His face, and withdrew His protection. Abandonment and hiding His face is the normal way that God exercises His wrath (Deut. 31:16-18; 1 Kings 14:15-16; 2 Kings 17:17-20; 2 Chron. 29:6-8; Psalm 27:9; 89:46; Isa. 57:17; Jer. 33:5; Hos. 11:7-9; Matt. 18:34; Rom. 1:18, 24-28). The same is true concerning the people of Noah’s time who told God to depart from them. Therefore, His Spirit stopped striving with them, thus removing His protection, and allowing the consequences of their corruption of the earth to take place.

royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Post by royplumber »

wow wow wow amazing insight wow

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:WHO ELSE BROUGHT IT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORD OF FAITH PEOPLE AND ALL THE ULTRA GRACE FOLKS DO NOT BELIEVE GOD IS A GOD OF JUDGEMENT AT ALL.

THEN GOD BROUGHT THAT FLOOD AND WIPED OUT THE FACE OF THE EARTH.8 SOULS WERE SAVED.

I am Word of Faith and I believe that God brought the flood as a judgment!

In fact I have never heard any Word Of Faith minister ever say the flood of Noah was NOT brought by God.... Have you?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Post by royplumber »

Are you saying you cannot take the word of god literal even when our brother finns says were ever liberal take it literal

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

yes i know some teach that.

in the section from his book Troy is teaching it.

Jude 5 ...that the Lord ,having saved a people out of the land of Eygpt,
afterward DESTROYED them that believed not. ASV 1901

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:WHO ELSE BROUGHT IT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Word of Faith and I believe that God brought the flood as a judgment!

In fact I have never heard any Word Of Faith minister ever say the flood of Noah was NOT brought by God.... Have you?

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

bibleman wrote: I am Word of Faith and I believe that God brought the flood as a judgment!

Hey Pastor Bible

I agree with you that the majority of WoF leaders would say that God directly, using His omnipotent power, destroyed the earth through a flood. These same teachers would deny the same thing though concerning any Old Testament passage in which God is said to be directly responsible for sickness and disease. They would also claim that most modern day natural disasters were not from God. While I agree with them wholeheartedly, it does show an inconsistency in our standard WoF hermeneutic.

Basically, with my teaching on the flood of Noah I applied the same principles of interpretation that Finis Dake applied to Exodus 15:26:
  • b God is responsible for disease only in the sense of making the law of sowing and reaping (Gal. 6:7-8); making penalties for sin (Ex. 15:26; 23:22-25; Lev. 26; Dt. 28); and permitting agencies with the power to execute the curse on man to have their way (Job 1:6-22; 2:1-13; 42:10; Ps. 91; Lk. 13:16; Jn. 10:10; Acts 10:38; Heb. 2:14-15; Rev. 9:1-12). If there had been no sin there would be no curse. When Christ reigns on earth there will be no sickness (Isa. 33:24; 35:5-6). When God's will is done on earth as in heaven, there will be no curse (Rev. 21:1 -- Rev. 22:6).
    Dake's Annotated Reference Bible.

The same disagreement that many (including WoF preachers) would have with me on the flood of Noah can be applied across the board to how we interpret those passages that refer to sickness.

Also, keep in mind that you, I, and Finis Dake are open theists, something else that the majority of WoF teachers reject. Yet, open theism makes WoF teaching much more consistent. Something to think about ;)

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

BTW, I have several books I have written that will be published very soon that explains in more detail what I have been copying and pasting from my devotional book (also soon to be published).

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

sighs.

GENESIS 6 verse6 AND IT REPENTED JEHOVAH THAT HE HAD MADE MAN ON THE EARTH AND IT GRIEVED HIM AT HIS HEART.verse 7 AND JEHOVAH S-A-I-D I W-I-L-L D-ES-T-R-O-Y M-A-N ....once more for unbelievers or open theists +pieface whatever on earth that is... ...AND JEHOVAH SAID I WILL DESTROY MAN.... WHOM I HAVE CREATED FROM THE FACE OF THE GROUND;BOTH MAN AND BEAST ,AND CREEPING THINGS,AND BIRDS OF THE HEAVENS;FOR IT REPENTETH ME THAT I HAVE MADE THEM.

After Jesus returned to the Father a great major Judgement took place.The DESTRUCTION OF JERUSALEM 70 A.D.

we do not hear much of it in most circles.but it was a Great Judgement on the Jews by Jehovah God for rejecting and murdering Jesus Christ His Son.