Dake Bible Discussion BoardHow Does God "Smite"?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: How Does God "Smite"?

Post by branham1965 »

thank you for responding Pastor. :scrambleup:

i cannot get on this.i could name names and give what i view as the truth on this give chapter and verse...here is how it would go.

1.i make my proposition.include family my members including ziggy and kimbo etc.
2.you will respond.
3.i will come back at you.
4.you or others who respond ONLY to you or the perceived "good guys" will jump in.

5.i will end up getting bulldog mad or upset or really trying to make my point.

6.then i will feel bad and apologize like i have "billions and billions" of times on this board.

i am stopping now before it starts. :morning:

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:sounds good.im glad you are . :scrambleup:
i agree with you to a point.
but you are not hearing what i'm saying. :mrgreen:
i gave you and Troy and everyone else on here book chapter and verse.
not one verse was addressed.
Almighty God gave the devil permission to attack Job.GOD allowed it.
Job 1:20 "then Job arose, and rent his robe,and shaved his head,and fell down upon the ground and WORSHIPPED; verse 21 and he said naked came i out of my mothers womb and naked shall i return thither: JEHOVAH GAVE ,AND JEHOVAH HATH TAKEN AWAY;BLESSED BE THE NAME OF JEHOVAH.In all this Job sinned not nor charged God foolishly."
royplumber wrote:Oh go on then lets have fun
i am just following jesus brothers
He said it is written quite a few times so if its good enough for jesus its good enough for me.
Read the book of job it gives you a insight who's causing the trouble
Could it be that like now christians are still thinking its god who puts sickness on you
if god took his provision away whoo can stand
Billy see Dake's notes on Exodus 15:26
Sicknesses and diseases were and still are special curses on human beings ONLY when THEY won't obey or when THEY fail to understand and appropriate God's provision by faith
(Ex. 23:22-25; Lev. 26; Dt. 28; Job 33:14-33; Ps. 91; 103:3; Isa. 58; Mt. 8:17; Jn. 10:10; 2Cor. 11:30; Jas. 5:14-16, notes; 1Pet. 2:24).
Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 15".

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:thank you for responding Pastor. :scrambleup:

i cannot get on this.i could name names and give what i view as the truth on this give chapter and verse...here is how it would go.

1.i make my proposition.include family my members including ziggy and kimbo etc.
2.you will respond.
4.you or others who respond ONLY to you or the perceived "good guys" will jump in.

6.then i will feel bad and apologize like i have "billions and billions" of times on this board.

bibleman wrote:
Job 1:20 "then Job arose, and rent his robe,and shaved his head,and fell down upon the ground and WORSHIPPED; verse 21 and he said naked came i out of my mothers womb and naked shall i return thither: JEHOVAH GAVE ,AND JEHOVAH HATH TAKEN AWAY;BLESSED BE THE NAME OF JEHOVAH.In all this Job sinned not nor charged God foolishly."
He said it is written quite a few times so if its good enough for jesus its good enough for me.
Could it be that like now christians are still thinking its god who puts sickness on you
Sicknesses and diseases were and still are special curses on human beings ONLY when THEY won't obey or when THEY fail to understand and appropriate God's provision by faith
(Ex. 23:22-25; Lev. 26; Dt. 28; Job 33:14-33; Ps. 91; 103:3; Isa. 58; Mt. 8:17; Jn. 10:10; 2Cor. 11:30; Jas. 5:14-16, notes; 1Pet. 2:24).
Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 15".
How about this Billy,

State what you believe and leave at that.

If you choose to benefit from the Dake notes then fine and if you choose NOT to benefit from the Dake notes that is OK as well.

On a discussion board people have their different positions and you are welcome to yours... even though Dake may disagree with you!

No problem.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I used to be a smiter, I used to smite people in the past and I was smitten by the one I loved at first site and married her! :smile:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: good one mate.
Ironman wrote:I used to be a smiter, I used to smite people in the past and I was smitten by the one I loved at first site and married her! :smile:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Pastor Bible.

i was trying to say that the LORD is the Judge of all the earth.Gen 18:25.

"But them that are without God judgeth "1 Cor 5:13.

Acts 17:31 Paul teaches the Judgement Day.

And that God will Judge believer's at the Judgement Seat of Christ.The Great White Throne Judgement is taught in Revelation.

Unbelievers will be Judged.

Jesus taught Judgement in the Holy Gospels.

i was saying there is another side to the LOVE ,GRACE AND MERCY issue.that is the JUDGEMENT side. :agrue:

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:thank you for responding Pastor. :scrambleup:

2.you will respond.

bibleman wrote:
How about this Billy,

State what you believe and leave at that.

If you choose to benefit from the Dake notes then fine and if you choose NOT to benefit from the Dake notes that is OK as well.

On a discussion board people have their different positions and you are welcome to yours... even though Dake may disagree with you!

No problem.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

There is a Hebrew idiom in which God is said to do that which He merely allowed or permitted.

I don't have time to get into the detail of all of it. You can get my book(s) when they come out that will thoroughly explain this or you can continue to believe whatever you wish. Either one is alright with me. But I do know those who embrace this truth when I teach it are set free from the mindset that God is the inflictor of sickness, tragedy and natural disaster and it increases their love and devotion to Him.

Hosea 11 says that God DESTROYS when He departs or forsakes an individual. However, if any of you want to continue reject what I am teaching then perhaps you can tell me whether or not you believe that God is a DECEIVER based on this passage:
  • And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel (Eze. 14:9)
Therefore, if you reject the Hebrew idiom in which God is said to do that which He merely allowed or permitted then you must believe that God is a deceiver. Otherwise, the only way to reconcile it is the way I have been stating with the other passages. Consistency cannot allow you to pick and choose how the Hebrew idiom is applied.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

yes actually ive heard that from WOF circles.

using it gives alot of leeway in explaining tough passages.

i heard a Hebrew rabbi in Israel saying Jesus Christ was accursed in Zech.13:6.but ive got news for that blasphemous devil... Jehovah has cursed him and everyone like him.

WHEN GOD SENDS STRONG DELUSION SAID THE APOSTLE PAUL FOLKS WILL BELIEVE A LIE AND BE DAMNED. 2 THESS.2.

Jehovah says we are not to add to nor take from His BOOK.

DEUT 4..... He said your eyes have seen what Jehovah did because of baal-peor;for all the men that followed baal-peor
JEHOVAH THY GOD HATH DESTROYED THEM FROM THE MIDST OF THEE....cf Numbers 25:1-9

victoryword wrote:There is a Hebrew idiom in which God is said to do that which He merely allowed or permitted.

I don't have time to get into the detail of all of it. You can get my book(s) when they come out that will thoroughly explain this or you can continue to believe whatever you wish. Either one is alright with me. But I do know those who embrace this truth when I teach it are set free from the mindset that God is the inflictor of sickness, tragedy and natural disaster and it increases their love and devotion to Him.

Hosea 11 says that God DESTROYS when He departs or forsakes an individual. However, if any of you want to continue reject what I am teaching then perhaps you can tell me whether or not you believe that God is a DECEIVER based on this passage:
  • And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel (Eze. 14:9)
Therefore, if you reject the Hebrew idiom in which God is said to do that which He merely allowed or permitted then you must believe that God is a deceiver. Otherwise, the only way to reconcile it is the way I have been stating with the other passages. Consistency cannot allow you to pick and choose how the Hebrew idiom is applied.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:first of all Pastor Troy i never heard of this " hebrew idiom."

but i know one thing you affirming that it is God's Word or that it explains the hard difficult passages in the Bible does NOT make it so!!!!!!!!!!
i heard a Hebrew rabbi in Israel saying Jesus Christ was accursed in Zech.13:6.but ive got news for that blasphemous Jewish devil... Jehovah has cursed him and everyone like him.2 John 9.1 Thess 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless they obey the Gospel it will never change.

its best to believe it as its written .not how all the wofers and gracers and charismatics ,night club churchers,church zombies church vampires and werewolves,and 101 things today ....
so many hate the truth and love to read into the Scriptures twist and wrest them...and will believe a lie and be damned
WHEN GOD SENDS THEM STRONG DELUSION SAID THE APOSTLE PAUL 2 THESS.2.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEUT 4..... He said your eyes have seen what Jehovah did because of baal-peor;for all the men that followed baal-peor
THE ANGER OF JEHOVAH WAS KINDLED AGAINST ISRAEL....AND JEHOVAH SAID UNTO MOSES TAKE ALL THE CHIEF'S OF THE PEOPLE AND HANG THEM UP UNTO JEHOVAH BEFORE THE SUN,THAT THE FIERCE ANGER OF JEHOVAH MAY TURN FROM ISRAEL...PHINEAS TOOK UP A SPEAR IN HIS HAND AND HE WENT AFTER THE MAN OF ISRAEL ...AND THRUST BOTH OF THEM THROUGH THE MAN OF ISRAEL AND THE WOMAN THROUGH HER BODY.SO THE PLAGUE WAS STAYED FROM THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.AND THOSE THAT DIED BY THE PLAGUE WERE TWENTY AND FOUR THOUSAND"

so +baseball +baseball much for hebrew idioms.

victoryword wrote:There is a Hebrew idiom in which God is said to do that which He merely allowed or permitted.

Hey Billy,

Above you said: "first of all Pastor Troy i never heard of this " hebrew idiom."

You have Billy but you may have forgotten. As much as you have listened to brother Hagin you must have heard him speak of it when he preaches about Ex 15:26 concerning healing. He says it about every time he reads that verse on tape.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i heard it taught a few times by Dad Hagin.i did not hear the hebrew idiom thing.

then in Akron it was taught against....also in Warren.

i am not conceding here.i have had it doing that. but i know this is over.

and i know you and Pastor Troy are good friends.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:first of all Pastor Troy i never heard of this " hebrew idiom."

but i know one thing you affirming that it is God's Word or that it explains the hard difficult passages in the Bible does NOT make it so!!!!!!!!!!
i heard a Hebrew rabbi in Israel saying Jesus Christ was accursed in Zech.13:6.but ive got news for that blasphemous Jewish devil... Jehovah has cursed him and everyone like him.2 John 9.1 Thess 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless they obey the Gospel it will never change.

its best to believe it as its written .not how all the wofers and gracers and charismatics ,night club churchers,church zombies church vampires and werewolves,and 101 things today ....
so many hate the truth and love to read into the Scriptures twist and wrest them...and will believe a lie and be damned
WHEN GOD SENDS THEM STRONG DELUSION SAID THE APOSTLE PAUL 2 THESS.2.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ANGER OF JEHOVAH WAS KINDLED AGAINST ISRAEL....AND JEHOVAH SAID UNTO MOSES TAKE ALL THE CHIEF'S OF THE PEOPLE AND HANG THEM UP UNTO JEHOVAH BEFORE THE SUN,THAT THE FIERCE ANGER OF JEHOVAH MAY TURN FROM ISRAEL...PHINEAS TOOK UP A SPEAR IN HIS HAND AND HE WENT AFTER THE MAN OF ISRAEL ...AND THRUST BOTH OF THEM THROUGH THE MAN OF ISRAEL AND THE WOMAN THROUGH HER BODY.SO THE PLAGUE WAS STAYED FROM THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.AND THOSE THAT DIED BY THE PLAGUE WERE TWENTY AND FOUR THOUSAND"

so +baseball +baseball much for hebrew idioms.

Hey Billy,

Above you said: "first of all Pastor Troy i never heard of this " hebrew idiom."

You have Billy but you may have forgotten. As much as you have listened to brother Hagin you must have heard him speak of it when he preaches about Ex 15:26 concerning healing. He says it about every time he reads that verse on tape.

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by davido »

LIke the book of Judges, where God would send a deliverer. We need a deliverer, but seems we must wait for Jesus Chrsit to come.
Nonetheleess God says an evil man will fall in his day and as we give our losses to him, they eventually fall, but we suffer injustice.
WE see so much corruption and I suppose Gods time and his vengence our not ours, but we do suffer much injustrice for the
corrupton, the deception, the evil we endure during these days.Sometimes it would be good to see a deliverer deliver us
from all the corruption, dishonesty, and evil as did those in the time of Judges, but too they were oppressed for years
after each time being so blessed they became sloppy and mixed with the heathens, the pagans just as in America.
I just like to see God deliver us before he comes.