Dake Bible Discussion BoardHow Does God "Smite"?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

How Does God "Smite"?

Post by victoryword »

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Re: How Does God "Smite"?

Post by macca »

:angel: :angel: :angel:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

"FOR I (JEHOVAH)WILL PASS THROUGH THE LAND OF EGYPT THIS NIGHT AND WILL SMITE ALL THE FIRSTBORN IN THE LAND OF EGYPT,BOTH MAN AND BEAST AND AGAINST ALL THE gods OF EGYPT I WILL EXECUTE JUDGEMENT:I AM THE LORD (JEHOVAH)." Exodus 12:12

"AND THE LORD SAID UNTO MOSES HOW LONG WILL THIS PEOPLE PROVOKE ME?AND HOW LONG WILLIT BE ERE THEY BELIEVE ME FOR ALL THE SIGNS WHICH I HAVE SHOWED AMONG THEM."
VERSE 12 "I (JEHOVAH) WILL SMITE THEM WITH THE PESTILENCE,AND DISINHERIT THEM...NUMBERS 12.

DUET 28:15-68...THE LORD SHALL SMITE THEE WITH A CONSUMPTION AND WITH A FEVER AND WITH EXTREME BURNING AND WITH A SWORD AND WITH BLASTING AND WITH MILDEW AND THEY SHALL PURSUE THEE UNTIL THOU PERISH.THE LORD SHALL SMITE THEE WITH MADNESS BLINDNESS AND ASTONISHMENT OF HEART.the word smite is in these verses.

IN ACTS 12 EVIL HEROD USED UP HIS LAST CUP OF MERCY. AN IMMEDIATELY THE ANGEL OF THE LORD SMOTE HIM BECAUSE HE GAVE NOT GOD THE GLORY:AND HE WAS EATEN OF WORMS,AND GAVE UP THE GHOST.ACTS 12.

THATS WHY I MENTIONED THE BOOK BY PROFESSOR HAILEY ON HERE.CONTRARY TO SO MANY IN SOME ARENAS GOD IS A GOD OF GREAT JUDGEMENT AS WELL AS A GOD OF IMMENSE LOVE.

HANNAH SAID BY THE HOLY SPIRIT..... JEHOVAH KILLETH AND MAKETH ALIVE .1 SAMUEL2:6

JER.3 ISRAEL AND JUDAH ARE REBUKED BY JEHOVAH.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Thanks billy.

And God also does some good smiting :smile: :angel:

Exodus 17:6, "Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.

God also stops us being smitten even by nature,
Isaiah 49:10, They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

Psalms 121: 6, The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. :smile: :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

hey Haz. thank you.

i think this thread is interesting.it has caused me to wonder about it.id hear different Preachers saying different things. +ummm

we all want the good.i sure do. :agrue:

in 1 Samuel 2 there is a powerful text given about the good and bad.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Thanks billy, I like it as well.

1 Samuel 2:1, And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.
2, There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
3, Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy1 come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
4, The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you mate for responding. :morning: :morning: :morning:

royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Post by royplumber »

victoryword wrote:How Does God "Smite"?

http://victoriouswordchurch.blogspot.co ... art-2.html

Awesome thank you for posting
The same way he comes to steal kill and destroy you got know who to blame and who to glorify

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

REALLY MR.PLUMBER???REALLY????

THOSE VERSES I POSTED CAME STRAIGHT FROM THE ETERNAL WORD OF GOD THE HOLY SCRIPTURES.
THERE ARE TWO HANDS TWO SIDES OF JEHOVAH.ONE A GREAT HAND OF LOVE AND MERCY AND THE OTHER OF JUDGEMENT.
WE HAVE BEEN FED THE ONE AND THE OTHER SIDE HAS BEEN TOTALLY NEGLECTED.AND LOOK AT THE FRUITS OF NOT PREACHING BOTH SIDES!!!!!

THE OLD TIMERS LIKE REVEREND DAKE ....AND SO MANY OTHER GREAT PREACHERS THEY PREACHED HARD.THEY BLASTED SIN.THEY TOLD US IF WE DONT LIVE RIGHT FORGET GOING TO HEAVEN!!!!!!...HOLINESS RIGHTEOUSNESS GODLINESS OR IT IS ....JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT JUDGEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD'S ETERNAL JUDGEMENT IS TRUE CF HEBREWS 6.

HIS WRATH IS REVEALED FROM HEAVEN ROMANS 1 - ROMANS 2 WHICH SPEAKS OF HIS JUDGEMENT AND WRATH.
GOD KILLETH 1 SAMUEL2:6 ,HE JUDGES GEN 18:10 ,HE DAMNS JOHN 5:28-29, HE DESTROYS BOTH SOUL AND BODY IN HELL CF LUKE 12 ,IN FLAMING FIRE HE IS GOING TO DESTROY THOSE WHO DO NOT OBEY THE GOSPEL AND KNOW NOT GOD AND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON 2 THESS.1... CF JOHN 17:3.
JESUS TOLD THOSE REBELS 2000 YEARS AGO HOW WILL YOU ESCAPE THE DAMNATION OF HELL!!! PAUL SAID HOW SHALL WE ESCAPE IF WE NEGLECT SO GREAT A SALVATION !!!!HEBREWS 2.

HE IS GOING TO DESTROY =THAT MEANS JEHOVAH WILL DISINTEGRATE ANNIHILATE THE HEAVENS AND THIS EARTH READ IT IN THE HOLY BIBLE 2 PETER 3:10-12.

THEN CREATE NEW HEAVENS AND NEW EARTH WHERE RIGHTEOUSNESS DWELLS.

MR.PLUMBER???? JUST WHERE IS YOUR BOOK CHAPTER AND VERSE PLEASE???

royplumber wrote:
victoryword wrote:How Does God "Smite"?

http://victoriouswordchurch.blogspot.co ... art-2.html

Awesome thank you for posting
The same way he comes to steal kill and destroy you got know who to blame and who to glorify

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

in my previous post it is Genesis 18:25 not 18:10.

...."that be far from thee to do after this manner,TO SLAY THE RIGHTEOUS WITH THE WICKED:AND THAT THE RIGHTEOUS SHOULD BE AS THE WICKED,THAT BE FAR FROM THEE:

SHALL NOT THE JUDGE OF ALL THE EARTH DO RIGHT????"