Dake Bible Discussion Boardbalam and balack

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

balam and balack

Post by royplumber »

numbers 22
it is written god told balam not to go to balack then it says god spoke to balam to go with the princes then it says gods was angry because he went to balack any ideas to whats going on here.

The only thing i can think of is it was not Jehovah but it was the god of this world tell him to go
any insight would be good thank you brothers

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: balam and balack

Post by titus213 »

In Numbers 22:20 God told him to go with the men if they came and fetched him. But the next verse tells us he was awake and had his donkey saddled and was ready to go with them all on his own. Balaam had no respect for what God had already told him. He knew what God's will was ("don't go") but thought he could somehow get God to change his mind.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

titus213 wrote:In Numbers 22:20 God told him to go with the men if they came and fetched him. But the next verse tells us he was awake and had his donkey saddled and was ready to go with them all on his own. Balaam had no respect for what God had already told him. He knew what God's will was ("don't go") but thought he could somehow get God to change his mind.

That would be like someone stepping into the ministry of another when God has not told them to or anointed them for that ministry... totally out of the will of God and a short life.

macca

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

:angel:
macca wrote:
titus213 wrote:In Numbers 22:20 God told him to go with the men if they came and fetched him. But the next verse tells us he was awake and had his donkey saddled and was ready to go with them all on his own. Balaam had no respect for what God had already told him. He knew what God's will was ("don't go") but thought he could somehow get God to change his mind.

That would be like someone stepping into the ministry of another when God has not told them to or anointed them for that ministry... totally out of the will of God and a short life.

macca

royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Post by royplumber »

thank you guys so subtle i just couldn't see it

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

royplumber wrote:thank you guys so subtle i just couldn't see it
:angel: :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i know who you are referring to.i dont think most could comprehend the great pressure that someone could have on him in that Ministry.
Some others fell into different things.and it breaks my heart.
he was carried off the platform sometimes passed out.when he went to Africa he was greeted by witch doctors.he battled every one and defeated them by Divine Blood.
he said you will find out real quick what you are over there.those evil ones are not playing.and you better have the Power of God in you and on you on the mission field.
my late Pastor used to say those things.he was in over 48 nations.and he had the Power of Christ to deliver captives.
it is estimated over 500,000 souls came to Christ in the overseas William Branham meetings.thousands were healed by Jesus Christ in the meetings.

a boy in Finland was raised from the dead.the lad was dead.Gordon Lindsay confirmed it.Jesus raised him up.

macca wrote:

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

DID YOU EVER NOTE THAT JEHOVAH was not pleased with Balaam +ummm for his mistreatment of his loyal donkey????

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

branham1965 wrote:i know who you are referring to.i dont think most could comprehend the great pressure that someone could have on him in that Ministry.
he was carried off the platform sometimes passed out.when he went to Africa he was greeted by witch doctors.he battled every one and defeated them by Divine Blood.
he said you will find out real quick what you are over there.those evil ones are not playing.and you better have the Power of God in you and on you on the mission field.
my late Pastor used to say those things.he was in over 48 nations.and he had the Power of Christ to deliver captives.
it is estimated over 500,000 souls came to Christ in the overseas William Branham meetings.thousands were healed by Jesus Christ in the meetings.

a boy in Finland was raised from the dead.the lad was dead.Gordon Lindsay confirmed it.Jesus raised him up.

macca wrote:

macca

I was not referring to anyone at all Billy,, check out Paul and all the dudes that tried to take over Paul's works that he started... get your mind off William and onto Jesus and all that He said.

macca

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

JESUS CHRIST is the Savior,Healer,Redeemer,and King.

i totally misunderstood you macca.... SIGHS... +goofy i apologise macca .

a shout out to the canterbury bankstown bulldogs.im wearing my t-shirt tonight.i think they are doing pretty well over there. :mrgreen:
macca wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i know who you are referring to.i dont think most could comprehend the great pressure that someone could have on him in that Ministry.

macca wrote:

macca

I was not referring to anyone at all Billy,, check out Paul and all the dudes that tried to take over Paul's works that he started... get your mind off William and onto Jesus and all that He said.

macca