Dake Bible Discussion BoardA falling away.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: A falling away.

Post by titus213 »

Yup. I agree. Notice, it was their bodies that were in the grave that came out after Jesus' own resurrection and not a glorified body. And remember, there were many more saints buried in other places besides Jerusalem who were also part of the "captivity led captive" by Christ. These "bodies" which went into Jerusalem and appeared were no doubt meant to be a testimony of the fact that Jesus had conquered the grave.
bibleman wrote:Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
a [many bodies of the saints which slept arose] These bodies made part of the multitude of captives Christ captured from Satan in the underworld of departed spirits and which He took captive with Him when He ascended on high (Eph. 4:8-10; Heb. 2:14-15). Now when Christians die they no longer go into the lower parts of the earth held captive by the devil against their will, but go to heaven to await the resurrection of the body (2Cor. 5:8; Php. 1:21-24; Rev. 6:9-11; Heb. 12:22). The wicked continue to go to hell to await their resurrection (Lk. 16:19-31; Rev. 20:11-15).

Notes For Verse 53
a [after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many] They could not have come out before for Christ was to be resurrected first and enter into immortality in a human body (1Cor. 15:20-23; Rev. 1:5; Lk. 24:39).
Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 27".

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

I believe it was like when in the garden Jesus asked the mob who they were seeking,, they said Jesus and when Jesus said "I am he" they all fell back, not one of them could stand...
After that a young man appeared wrapped in burial clothes, The power released in Jesus's words rose that lad from the dead...
Like the two men who dumped their mates body into Elisa's tomb and there was enough anointing in those old bones to raise that dude from the dead.
When Jesus arose from the dead the power released in that act rose a bunch of others along with Him,,, not in their glorified bodies but like Lazarus....

macca

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

:angel:
macca wrote:I believe it was like when in the garden Jesus asked the mob who they were seeking,, they said Jesus and when Jesus said "I am he" they all fell back, not one of them could stand...
After that a young man appeared wrapped in burial clothes, The power released in Jesus's words rose that lad from the dead...
Like the two men who dumped their mates body into Elisa's tomb and there was enough anointing in those old bones to raise that dude from the dead.
When Jesus arose from the dead the power released in that act rose a bunch of others along with Him,,, not in their glorified bodies but like Lazarus....

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

David is in Heaven.

Acts 2:34, For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, V.35, Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

This refers to David's body in the resurrection, not his soul and spirit which are in Heaven (Hebrew 12:23; Ephesians 4:8-10; 2 Corinthians 5:8 and Philippians 1:21-24.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?