Dake Bible Discussion BoardPope Francis just spoke at the UN

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: Pope Francis just spoke at the UN

Post by titus213 »

Considering that he claims to be "the vicar of Christ on earth", I've heard him talk about everything under the sun but not say anything at all about Christ.
I honestly don't think most American Catholics pay any attention to what the Church teaches anyway. They love a rock star, and the media plays into that image. They like his persona, but not his teachings except for environmentalism.

Only 44% of Catholics think homosexuality is immoral.
73% think that living in a larger house than you need is immoral.

http://goo.gl/z5VTMt

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

They teach there is no way anyone can enter Heaven unless its through the Catholic Church? Well they don't teach what the Bible says or what Jesus Himself said.

John 10:16, And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold. Not Jews, of whom his followers then were, but Gentiles who would soon be called to him. These would hear his voice, enter through the door, into the same fold as the Jewish Christians, so that there would be "one fold and one shepherd." There is only one Church and one door into it, and one Shepherd over it. That's the Church of Jesus Christ and those in it and in Him, not the Catholic Church or any Pope.

They even have the hide to call the Pope, Holy Father.

There is only One Holy Father mentioned in Scripture, and Jesus calls Him by that name once in John 17:11.

John 17:11, And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"Even Catholic-raised Madonna, who has hijacked the odd Christian religious symbol or two, dedicated a section of her recent Philadelphia show to the travelling pontiff.

She later said: "Rules are for fools. That's why I like the new Pope. He seems very open-minded."

I'm surprised he never invited her to do a semi nude cover shot; Madonna Poses Topless For Interview, and Talks about her Drug Use!
The three different covers and a series of boudoir shots were ... off her forthcoming album ... Madonna Madonna Topless Madonna Nude Madonna ... and include some of her popular hits, ie, Material Girl, Like A Virgin, Erotica, Bad Girl, I'd Rather Be Your Lover, Bedtime Story and Forbidden Love to name just a few.

That should help sell a few million more albums Francis! Raise a little extra spending money. If only half of the 1.2 billion Catholics in the world can afford to buy the album costing between $20 or $30, that's not a bad boost to the Vaticans coffers!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

POPE FRANCIS TO RELEASE HIS FIRST CHRISTIAN ROCK ALBUM WAKE UP!

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... jvg4l.html

From Pope to rock-pop prince, the global leader of the Catholic Church is releasing a Christian rock album for a ready-made audience of 1.2 billion Catholics.

Pope Francis: Wake Up! features extracts from Pope Francis' mutli-lingual public speeches accompanied by synthesised instrumentals, reworked Christian hymns and Gregorian Chants.
But the Argentinian-born reformist Pope seems to have resisted the temptation to give the papal singing voice a work out, as his predecessor once did.

Benedict XVI sang a few chords of Marian prayer on the Vatican-approved Christmas album, Alma Mater, released in 2010.

News of the album's imminent release came as the popular pontiff made his first visit to New York City, addressing the United Nation's General Assembly and holding a mass for 20,000 people in Madison Square Garden.
Pope Francis' message was consistent from world leaders to the faithful: he wants recognition of the world's poor and action to halt climate change.

Even Catholic-raised Madonna, who has hijacked the odd Christian religious symbol or two, dedicated a section of her recent Philadelphia show to the travelling pontiff.

She later said: "Rules are for fools. That's why I like the new Pope. He seems very open-minded."

Working on the Pope's album is artistic director Don Giulio Neroni, who also helped put together compilations by John Paul II and Benedict XVI.
"As in the past, for this album too, I tried to be strongly faithful to the pastoral and personality of Pope Francis: the Pope of dialogue, open doors, hospitality," he told Rolling Stone.

"For this reason, the voice of Pope Francis in Wake Up! dialogues music. And contemporary music - rock, pop, Latin etc - dialogues with the Christian tradition of sacred hymns."

Track one of the album is titled Annuntio Vobis Gadium Mangum, the words used by the Vatican since 1417 to announce the election of a new Pope.

Also featured is the Pope's June 2014 invocation for peace during a visit to the Vatican by Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.

The pontiff's second encyclical, in which he calls on the people of the world to take "swift and unified" action to halt environmental degradation, is the subject of track three.

In the track Wake Up! Go! Go! Forward, trumpets and drums background the Pope's speech in South Korea in which he told young Catholics "to be vigilant, not to allow the pressures, the temptations and the sins to dull our sensibility to the beauty of holiness".

He adds: "No one who sleeps can sing, dance and rejoice."

The final track takes the words of the Gospel of John 21-12: "Do whatever he tells you."

The European independent distributor, Believe Digital, whose roster of stars include Chet Faker, Bjork and Gavin James, will launch the Pope's first album worldwide from November 27. Part of the proceeds from the album's sale will be donated to a fund for refugees.

Musician Tony Pagliuca, who composed Wake Up! Go! Go! Forward!, is a practising Catholic. He founded the progressive rock band, Le Orme, in the 1970s which topped the local charts and toured Italy and the U.K.

"Putting my music in the service of the words and the voice of Pope Francis has been a fantastic experience and a very interesting artistic challenge."

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

The man who claims to be the vicar of Christ doesn't preach Christ or salvation by grace through faith in Christ. Here are some quotes from sections in the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

880 When Christ instituted the Twelve, “he constituted [them] in the form of a college or permanent assembly, at the head of which he placed Peter, chosen from among them.” Just as “by the Lord’s institution, St. Peter and the rest of the apostles constitute a single apostolic college, so in like fashion the Roman Pontiff, Peter’s successor, and the bishops, the successors of the apostles, are related with and united to one another.” (552, 862)

881 The Lord made Simon alone, whom he named Peter, the “rock” of his Church. He gave him the keys of his Church and instituted him shepherd of the whole flock. “The office of binding and loosing which was given to Peter was also assigned to the college of apostles united to its head.” This pastoral office of Peter and the other apostles belongs to the Church’s very foundation and is continued by the bishops under the primacy of the Pope. (553, 642)

882 The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter’s successor, “is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful.” “For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered.” (834, 1369, 837)

883 “The college or body of bishops has no authority unless united with the Roman Pontiff, Peter’s successor, as its head.” As such, this college has “supreme and full authority over the universal Church; but this power cannot be exercised without the agreement of the Roman Pontiff.”

889 Christ who is the Truth willed to confer on [the Roman Catholic Church] a share in his own infallibility.

891 The Roman Pontiff, head of the college of bishops, enjoys this infallibility in virtue of his office, when, as supreme pastor and teacher of all the faithful - who confirms his brethren in the faith he proclaims by a definitive act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Very interesting read. Supposedly, according to Catholics, God's representative on Earth meets with and embraces Gays?

Pope Francis met and embraced gay couple in US, Vatican 'regrets' Kim Davis meeting

Date October 3, 2015 - 6:58AM

http://www.smh.com.au/world/pope-franci ... k0f43.html