Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid God Predestine Judas to Betray Christ?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Did God Predestine Judas to Betray Christ?

Post by victoryword »

Did God Predestine Judas to Betray Christ?

http://victoriouswordchurch.blogspot.co ... etray.html

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Did God Predestine Judas to Betray Christ?

Post by Ironman »

It was foretold. It was the 41st N.T. prophecy in Matt. 26:21-24, which was fulfilled.

But Judas could have repented as Peter did. He, Judas, finally came to his senses and tried to return the 30 pieces of silver in Matt. 27:3-4 "Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

4, Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.

But unlike Peter who repented, Matt. 26-75, And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Judas did not repent to God, but to man! He was morose and broody and left to himself rather than return to he band of apostles he became a helpless victim of Satan who kept him from returning to God and Satan urged Judas to kill himself because he betrayed innocent blood and his best friend.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

JESUS ANSWERED THEM DID I MYSELF NOT CHOOSE YOU THE TWELVE AND YET ONE OF YOU IS A DEVIL. John 6:70 NASB 1971
JUDAS WAS A DEVIL SAID JESUS CHRIST.

PETER SAID LORD TO WHOM SHALL WE GO?

PETER REALLY LOVED THE LORD JESUS.

Think of the Lord being anointed by the sinner woman with the costly perfume.

Judas cared SO LITTLE for the Lord Jesus Christ that he LIED about it being sold and given to the poor.he wanted to steal the money.

he was STEALING from the Lord's treasury.

and he betrayed Him. JESUS SAID WOE UNTO THE MAN WHO WOULD BETRAY THE LORD.

the Apostles in Acts 1 tell what they thought of him in the Word.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

in the movie The Passion of The Christ Judas is so tortured by the devil after they take the Lord.

he seems so sad and so remorseful.he went to a tree and killed himself.i wonder if he went to the Cross.
he was an Apostle of the Lord.it is very sad and depressing to me.
branham1965 wrote:JESUS ANSWERED THEM DID I MYSELF NOT CHOOSE YOU THE TWELVE AND YET ONE OF YOU IS A DEVIL. John 6:70 NASB 1971
JUDAS WAS A DEVIL SAID JESUS CHRIST.

PETER SAID LORD TO WHOM SHALL WE GO?

PETER REALLY LOVED THE LORD JESUS.

Think of the Lord being anointed by the sinner woman with the costly perfume.

Judas cared SO LITTLE for the Lord Jesus Christ that he LIED about it being sold and given to the poor.he wanted to steal the money.

he was STEALING from the Lord's treasury.

and he betrayed Him. JESUS SAID WOE UNTO THE MAN WHO WOULD BETRAY THE LORD.

the Apostles in Acts 1 tell what they thought of him in the Word.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Billy, I cried when I watched for the second time the movie "The Passion." Imagine God allowing Himself to be treated like that by His created beings?

Remember Peter denied Christ Three times and even cursed! "I DO NOT KNOW THE MAN!"

Peter wept bitterly and repented, Judas tried to give the money back, felt sorry for himself, brooded over what he did and allowed Satan to convince himself to commit suicide! In other words Judas failed to see the big picture, why Christ died, how He had to be betrayed and how we can all rely on the forgiveness of the Father upon repenting and accepting the sacrifice and death of Jesus, not ourselves! Killing ourselves will not save us, it will only cut us off from God.

Its like Judassaying,I don't need you to die for me Jesus, I will kill myself. That's not how it work.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I JUST READ THIS MATE.IT IS SO TRUE.I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT SOME OF THESE THINGS THAT WAY.

EXCELLENT POST. :angel:
Ironman wrote:Billy, I cried when I watched for the second time the movie "The Passion." Imagine God allowing Himself to be treated like that by His created beings?

Remember Peter denied Christ Three times and even cursed! "I DO NOT KNOW THE MAN!"

Peter wept bitterly and repented, Judas tried to give the money back, felt sorry for himself, brooded over what he did and allowed Satan to convince himself to commit suicide! In other words Judas failed to see the big picture, why Christ died, how He had to be betrayed and how we can all rely on the forgiveness of the Father upon repenting and accepting the sacrifice and death of Jesus, not ourselves! Killing ourselves will not save us, it will only cut us off from God.

Its like Judassaying,I don't need you to die for me Jesus, I will kill myself. That's not how it work.