Dake Bible Discussion BoardDual Covenant doctrine

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Dual Covenant doctrine

Post by titus213 »

Some friends of mine are buying into this teaching, which is probably best seen in the writings of John Hagee.

The Houston Chronicle quotes Hagee saying: Trying to convert Jews is a “waste of time,” he said. The Jewish person
who has his roots in Judaism is not going to convert to Christianity. There is no form of Christian evangelism that has failed so
miserably as evangelizing the Jewish people. They (already) have a faith structure.’

Everyone else, whether Buddhist or Baha’i,needs to believe in Jesus, he says. But not Jews. Jews already have a covenant with God that has never been replaced by Christianity, he says. ‘The Jewish people have a relationship to God through the law of God as given through Moses,’ Hagee said. ‘I
believe that every Gentile person can only come to God through the cross of Christ. I believe that every Jewish person who lives in
the light of the Torah, which is the word of God, has a relationship with God and will come to redemption.’

‘The law of Moses is sufficient enough to bring a person into the knowledge of God until God gives him a greater revelation. And God has not,’ said
Hagee, giving his interpretation of Romans 11:25. ‘Paul abandoned the idea (of Jews knowing Christ). In the book of Romans, he
said, “'I am now going to the Gentiles from this time forward.” Judaism doesn’t need Christianity to explain its existence. But
Christianity has to have Judaism to explain its existence.’

(See Julia Duin, “San Antonio Fundamentalist Battles Anti-Semitism,” Houston Chronicle (April 30, 1988), sec. 6, p. 1.

See also Chapter 10 of John Hagee’s unrevised In Defense of Israel: The Bible's Mandate for Supporting the Jewish State

These views are completely at odds with the Bible at pretty much every one of the points he makes.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Dual Covenant doctrine

Post by macca »

That is antichrist

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

It never ends does it? The world church is a social playhouse and rare and few are they that preach His Word in the fullest. The is NO schism in HIS body THE Church of which He is the head.

I never thought Hagee was even remotely close anyway so for me it is really no surprise. I was thinking yesterday of just how these men get so wrapped up in lack of understanding God's word and I would even guess they are the "unapproved" unto God?

What happens in their minds that makes them spew such stuff? Look at men like Olsteen, Jakes, Furtik and others that have bits and pieces and do not deliver God's truth? I heard someone say that Jakes now says let the homos find a church and worship! Worship what?

Are these speakers, like Hagee, hearts dull to the Spirit of truth? Are they allowing seducing spirits with doctrines of devils to speak through their lips, or are they just ignorant to the knowledge of the truth? What say ye?

Word up!

macca

Post by macca »

Anyone that espouses this aberration of a duel covenant is NOT being led by The Holy Spirit of God.
The Holy Spirit will only confirm the word of God and glorify Jesus in ALL that He does and SAYS in this world we live in.

IF YOU ABIDE IN ME AND MY WORDS ABIDE IN YOU,

They are abiding in someone and something else.

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Reverend Hagee is one of the best Preachers in the Full Gospel Movement.He is very genuine.And i love him for loving Israel. +IsraelFlag +IsraelFlag

but the dual covenant teaching is

in the ditch.

macca

Post by macca »

Ditto.