Dake Bible Discussion BoardWho Destroys Body and Soul in Hell?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Who Destroys Body and Soul in Hell?

Post by branham1965 »

WE ARE TO FEAR ALMIGHTY GOD WHO DESTROYS BOTH SOUL AND BODY IN HELL.

GOD IS A KILLER!!!!!

HE LOVES WITH OCEANS OF LOVE ..... AND HE IS A GOD OF JUDGEMENT.

HE WROTE REVELATION.AND HE IS GOING TO DO IT.

REVEREND ANGLEY SAID i was there THAT ANY PREACHER NOT PREACHING GOD'S

JUDGEMENT'S IS NOT OF GOD.HE HAS A HAND OF MERCY AND ONE OF JUDGEMENT.

AND SHOULD STEP DOWN FROM THE PULPIT HE SAID.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

if anyone thinks im wrong then help me.
i get excited because this means something to me.

my late Pastor was the most influential person in my life. :agrue: i heard him teach on this on a monday night mens meeting.he said we fear God.and he preached loves .and God also judges. :agrue:

i read 3 Study Bibles including the Reverend's (DAKE) that said we are to FEAR GOD.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

branham1965 wrote:WE ARE TO FEAR ALMIGHTY GOD WHO DESTROYS BOTH SOUL AND BODY IN HELL.

GOD IS A KILLER!!!!!

HE LOVES WITH OCEANS OF LOVE ..... AND HE IS A GOD OF JUDGEMENT.

HE WROTE REVELATION.AND HE IS GOING TO DO IT.

REVEREND ANGLEY SAID i was there THAT ANY PREACHER NOT PREACHING GOD'S

JUDGEMENT'S IS NOT OF GOD.HE HAS A HAND OF MERCY AND ONE OF JUDGEMENT.

AND SHOULD STEP DOWN FROM THE PULPIT HE SAID.
Well, Jesus, Paul and the others taught both God's justice and His mercy, so yes it's important for a real understanding of what Christ did at Calvary. That's where judgment and mercy came together as the Lamb of God was sacrificed for us.

God IS kind, but He's not soft.
Last edited by titus213 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Pastor Titus. :Fade-color :rainbow1:

:agrue:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I understood the soul to be the spirit invisible part of all living beings that FEELS. It is the seat of our affections, emotions, passions and desires, which gives us self consciousness and makes us sentient beings, Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12;27; Heb. 1-:38; Heb. 4:12.
The soul will never be resurrected from the dead because the souls of men do not go into the grave at death. 1 Peter 3:4. Only bodies go into the grave at physical death. The souls of men are immortal and cannot die.

The only thing souls can be resurrected from is trespass from sins Eph. 2:1-9.

Dake GPFM, page 51, the Soul!

Mark 8:36, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

We can lose our soul and only God can cut us of from Himself by our sinning and not repenting and accepting our saviour Jesus Christ who the Father sent so that we can be redeemed.

I believe our body, our spirit and our soul shall be damned if we believe not in Jesus and in Him who sent Him.

Mark 16:16, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Damned to where? Eternal Hell that's where.

Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." God is loving, forgiving, kind, long suffering, but God is also the BOSS! make no mistake!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

:angel: :angel:

I agree. It's interesting to me that the Greek word for 'soul' is 'psyche, and that psychologists and psychiatrists may be able to help with emotional disorders, but they do not and cannot touch the realm of the 'spirit' (Greek 'pneuma'). They can only deal with the 'psychikos' man -- the "natural man" as Paul calls it in 1 Cor. 2:14 -- who by nature has no capacity for receiving the gifts of God's Spirit. Only Jesus can bring life to our dead spirits (Eph. 2:1-7).
Ironman wrote:I understood the soul to be the spirit invisible part of all living beings that FEELS. It is the seat of our affections, emotions, passions and desires, which gives us self consciousness and makes us sentient beings, Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12;27; Heb. 1-:38; Heb. 4:12.
The soul will never be resurrected from the dead because the souls of men do not go into the grave at death. 1 Peter 3:4. Only bodies go into the grave at physical death. The souls of men are immortal and cannot die.

Mark 8:36, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

We can lose our soul and only God can cut us of from Himself by our sinning and not repenting and accepting our saviour Jesus Christ who the Father sent so that we can be redeemed.

I believe our body, our spirit and our soul shall be damned if we believe not in Jesus and in Him who sent Him.

Mark 16:16, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Damned to where? Eternal Hell that's where.

Revelation 20:15, "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." God is loving, forgiving, kind, long suffering, but God is also the BOSS! make no mistake!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Pastor Titus for that.

i believed it to be true.but im glad you posted that.
titus213 wrote::angel: :angel:

I agree. It's interesting to me that the Greek word for 'soul' is 'psyche, and that psychologists and psychiatrists may be able to help with emotional disorders, but they do not and cannot touch the realm of the 'spirit' (Greek 'pneuma'). They can only deal with the 'psychikos' man -- the "natural man" as Paul calls it in 1 Cor. 2:14 -- who by nature has no capacity for receiving the gifts of God's Spirit. Only Jesus can bring life to our dead spirits (Eph. 2:1-7).
Ironman wrote:I understood the soul to be the spirit invisible part of all living beings that FEELS. It is the seat of our affections, emotions, passions and desires, which gives us self consciousness and makes us sentient beings, Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12;27; Heb. 1-:38; Heb. 4:12.