Dake Bible Discussion Boardcan you explain how finis has helped you

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: can you explain how finis has helped you

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Pastor Titus.

i think that sounds spot on as Haz ans maccado (we had a great basket ball player years ago named Bob Maccado number 11)would say. :scatter:

titus213 wrote:
victoryword wrote:
branham1965 wrote:what on earth is open theism???? +CrazyEyes
Hello, Billy. If you get a chance and if you have GPFM, look up what Finis Dake says on "foreknowledge' and you will understand. Also Titus has a thread on it with some links somewhere on here.
Billy - here's one way to think of it.

There are some things that will happen in the future which have already been predetermined by God and are set in stone: such as the Second Coming of Christ, the Final Judgment, the final defeat of Satan, etc.

There are other things that will happen in the future which have not been predetermined by God because He allows for human choices and decisions: such as what shirt I will wear tomorrow, whether I will give in to temptation if it comes or whether I will overcome it, whether there will be 20 people at my Bible study group tomorrow night or fewer, or more.

In other words, the future is made up of both things which WILL actually happen (because God has predetermined them to happen) and things which COULD possibly happen (because God allows us to make choices). Some things about the future are left "open" for both us and God, awaiting our decisions when the time comes.

God knows the future perfectly, which means He knows it as it really is: with some things set in stone and other things left open.
But He is always ready and able to respond to whatever decisions we make. He has all the resources needed to deal with the choices man makes, without having to predetermine what those choices will be.